Changes you make if put in charge of WDW...

COrunner

Original Poster
Before we begin take this with a healthy dose of good humor. Also realize that there are no wrong answers, everyone is right with their own opinion and a special little Frozen snowflake... Unless you hate Frozen.

First and foremost thank you powers that be for putting me in charge of policy over all the WDW parks. I know your choice was a tough one and my many hours of experience in your parks of course make me the ideal candidate So let's talk change people!

First, Groups larger than 25 MUST be broken done into separate groups of 10 or less and must have a WDW employee in each small group as a chaperone. The group must also wear matching outfits for the duration of their stay.

Second, due to safety concerns and general -baggery the following items are now banned:
-Selfie Sticks
-iPads which are used as cameras
-Flags on sticks
-Jazzy or other electric scooters*
-Double, Triple, Quadruple Strollers**
*See Third Rule
**See Fourth Rule

Third, Traditional wheelchairs will still be allowed or provided for those who require them. You will need to have or find someone to push. If you cannot, an employee will be provided to you for an added cost.

Fourth, Strollers must be single occupancy and conform to strict regulations on length/width/height/weight. Leave the $500 McLaren at home and you might want to look at buying the $20, 1lb. Target umbrella model.

Fifth, Annual passholders and anyone staying on property for more than 7 days will each receive one golden ticket per day of stay or visit which entitles them to walk through the fast pass line of whatever ride once, whenever. Hey, your spending the money, you earned that.

Sixth, Construction on the themed lands for both Pixar AND Star Wars will begin immediately. Destruction of the Avatar lands will also begin immediately.

Seventh, The adventurers club will be hosting it's grand re-opening before the end of the summer.

Thank you all, and have a magical day.

Last edited:

EmmieSue

First I am going to state that I agree with the OP's First, Fifth, and Sixth changes. Love them.

Changes of my own:

First one is a modification of the stroller rule. I agree that triple and quadruple strollers are obnoxious and much too big for this setting, but double strollers I understand. However instead of the double wide ones, I think the double long ones would be better. Especially the ones that have a normal stroller seat for a young child and then another bench sort of seat for an older child. I'd rather they be in strollers than running around. I'd rather trip over a stroller than a child. It all comes down to the user being respectful of others. (Hahaha, if only we lived in a perfect world)

Second: I think guests who require wheelchairs/scooters should have to have proper medical documentation to use them and to use each specific items. I don't know if this is already a thing, but I see people upset about abusers of the system so my guess is probably not. This way everyone benefits. Able bodied people don't have to worry about giving up bus seats or people getting special ride treatment who are simply liars or are lazy. But it also makes the system for those who really do have disabilities run smoother. They won't have to wait to get on the next bus because the wheelchair space is already filled by someone who is just lazy. They won't have to wait longer for their special ride stuff because of people who just don't want to wait. It also takes out the element of them feeling judged. There are so many invisible illnesses out there and I know what it is like for people to get cranky with you in life when you can't do things, but look like you should be able to. If everyone has to have medical documentation from a doctor then maybe people would actually realize "oh hey, you can't abuse the system, so they really do have something going on you can't see"

Three: Only one fastpass+ per popular attraction per visit (or maybe so many days). Say you are staying for a week and want to visit Anna and Elsa. You should only be allowed one fastpass+. I'm talking the three you can do ahead. So if you wanted to visit them again that week, you have to do standby or if there happened to be a fastpass available for the meet/ride after you used your other three then you could get one of those. I find it ridiculous how many people I see getting two fast passes for these ones that go very quickly. I love the seven dwarfs minetrain, but I would never fastpass it for two days...I got the one fastpass for our trip and if I want it another time I will find the shortest standby time to ride or just will skip it the rest of the days.

That's all I can think of.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
The empty spaces of World Showcase will be filled with new countries.

Every park and hotel as well as DTD/Disney Springs will now have one dedicated store full of Disney movies.

More emphasis will be put on making sure basic ride elements are fully functional and cleaned regularly in order to justify rising ticket prices.

A Future World update program will be started to update Epcot's rides that are in desperate need of a makeover.

More phone charging stations will be placed throughout the resort.

M&Gs at the parks will be rotated on a regular basis to make sure that guests can meet some of the rarer, more obscure characters.

Daniel Johnson

I would make the park open for a period of time with no rides and no shows. Just the lights on and music playing. I love walking the parks. At night when the extra magic hours happen to creep into midnight or later and everything is a little less packed is perfect to me. Maybe a little more of that. Walt's idea of an apartment in Disneyland is a dream I have often when visiting MK.

Sage of Time

Fix EPCOT, thematically.

Bring back missing capacity to MK.

??? with MGM.

Expand DAK with Mysterious Island, Beastly Kingdom, and Mystic Point.

rodserling27

Great original post, made me laugh quite a bit. Good ideas! I hate when folks use iPads and Tablet-devices as cameras. I also can't stand people filming or taking photos throughout an entire show, attraction or parade. I once watched a guy (while ignoring his kids) hold his DSLR camera up to his face for the entire duration of Wishes, snapping a photograph every 10 seconds or so. I wanted to say to him, "aren't you so glad you paid money to come watch fireworks through a viewfinder 3 inches big???" So yeah, if there was a way to just ban people being obnoxious with photography and devices in general, that would be great. (Leave the picture taking to our forum photo experts and great Facebook pages like WDW Shutterbug...)

SAV

My first thing would be to grant myself and family and guests free tickets, free airfare, free rooms at the resort of my choice, Unlimited skip the line passes good for anything I want, free drinks and free food at all Disney Parks and properties...for EVER and it is un-revocable.

I would then bring back Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. It was my favorite.

Then I would turn it over to the OP because I like the majority of their rules and I have a lot to do now that everything is free.

Brer Panther

I've posted my ideas for EPCOT in another thread.

Besides that? Refurbish the Fantasyland dark rides and add a few more (new version of Mr. Toad in place of the Speedway, for one). PIXAR Place expansion with a relocated Laugh Floor and dark rides, Animal Kingdom expansion with a refurbishment of Dinoland U.S.A... I could go on and on.

COrunner

Original Poster
I would make the park open for a period of time with no rides and no shows. Just the lights on and music playing. I love walking the parks. At night when the extra magic hours happen to creep into midnight or later and everything is a little less packed is perfect to me. Maybe a little more of that. Walt's idea of an apartment in Disneyland is a dream I have often when visiting MK.
Definitely!

Staying at the Yacht Club with Epcot next door it was painful to run to the closed gate in the morning, I would love to run a few laps around the world in the morning.

Daniel Johnson

Definitely!

Staying at the Yacht Club with Epcot next door it was painful to run to the closed gate in the morning, I would love to run a few laps around the world in the morning.
I'm not a runner, God gave me legs to walk to my car....but, I could see it being very cool to jog through the world!

bethymouse

Don't forget about the elderly folks who really need an ECV to get around! They enjoy WDW too, especially watching their grandchildren enjoy WDW and all of the music, food, and parades/shows! Respect the elderly and the severley handicapped please ( as WDW always does).
Please wait until your infant child is at least one year old to plan a trip to WDW. It's painful to watch those crying babies in the Florida heat!
Ideally there should be no strollers, but at least WDW has a place for "stroller parking" which I think is hilarious!:D

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

More first aid centers throughout the parks.
Kid friendly bathrooms (as in less "scary" flushing system, if possible).
More meet and greets with villains and popular characters.
More character meals (including Star Wars all year round)
More countries in Epcot.
Pixie Hollow.
Proper medical documentation to rent wheelchairs or scooters.
More shaded areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom