Changes to Magic Kingdom day parade and other notes from this weekend

wannab@dis

JeffH said:
And I've never seen a problem with getting the kids off the street before the parade started back up...

I've seen it as a guest so I'm sure the parade CMs saw it happen many times. *shrug*

ok its not the kids that bother me its the fact the SOME parents allow kids to do what ever they want and be as loud as the want have they ever heard of other people are on their vacation as well and i am only talking about SOME people not all some are very well behaved

DDCT4U

parents are unacceptable these days. its mostly these 25-30 year oldish parents who really are to young to have kids, because they are still kids themselves that get into fist fights over a spot on the curb for a freakin parade. and then they let there kid run around all over the street during a parade when a 3 ton float is right in front of them. and then the parents have to get out in the middle of the street to take a pointless picture of their kid sitting on the curb watching the parade. come on. get a brain in your head. when a cast member has told you 37 times that if you want to stand for the parade that you need to be on the sidewalk, its a good indication that your listening skills are on the same level of a brick, and that you need to quickly exit the park and go to universal. QUICKLY.

Mom2Em

I just had to add my 2 cents... DD was in the parade in 2000... What a wonderful experience!! The CMs came and picked her out specificly... Then in 2003 the same thing happened, a CM came for DD but every other parent sent their child out there as well... I am not saying that it is not fair for the other kids but it was a MADHOUSE!!... Some of the kids didn't want to be out there and cried... Also, it took away any chance a photo op... I like the parade without participation, I just wish it would stop for photos... :)

disneymickey123

i belive that they should do like disneylands did for there 50th parade of dreams they stop dance jump around and move along thats it no kids just CM doing a little show. and it's ture parents don't take care of there kids.Not all but some think since their at disney they don't have worry. :hammer:

joanna71985

JeffH said:
The accident that stopped this did not involve a guest and was off the parade route...so it made no sense to me that they eliminate the parade participation. Furthermore, it seemed senseless that their answer to a lost cast member was to...add additional cast members (more potential targets) along the route who could possibly mis-step and fall into danger. And with the additional safety personnel to watch after the characters, you'd think that there would be even more reason to continue with the participation stops now that it should be safer with the aid of the CMs there specifically to improve safety.
------------------

Dude, I hope you know what you're getting into saying something like this. Many people knew him and it was a tragic accident. There is no need to add showstops, and frankly I don't think Disney ever will again.

Frank Stallone

MMP said:
But Disney still does showstops in the Halloween parade right?

Sort of. It stops on a few occasions (for the Haunted Mansion butlers as well as for the line dancers), but kids aren't allowed to come out into the parade route.

JeffH

Original Poster
What's YOUR problem, man?

Dude, I hope you know what you're getting into saying something like this. Many people knew him and it was a tragic accident. There is no need to add showstops, and frankly I don't think Disney ever will again.
I didn't say anything to disparage the accident. I'm sure WE knew him as well. When I heard the news and broke it to my daughter we were both very upset. It was a horrible thing that should have never happened. The fact is, as I explained, this accident has nothing to do with the show stops, and therefore the popular show stops should have continued or all the parades with floats should have been discontinued.

Pixie37

"But boy is that Ariel photopackage over priced at over $30, no keychains, no fridge magnets, just a picture in a (fancy) paper frame with 4 smaller pictures."

What Ariel photo package? Is this in Ariel's grotto in MK? What didn't you like about the photos...not enough for the money, bad lighting, poor scenery?

Just an FYI--last year I purchased the princess photo package in Norway and it was totally worth it. We could have used a little better lighting, but the pictures were good enough to be frame worthy and displayed.

JeffH

Original Poster
In Norway.
Picture was beautiful (have bought 2 sets, now), but I just think that $30 is a bit much...especially when you buy so many (we have bought almost a dozen Chef Mickey's pic-sets). They should have some sort of discount program for people who buy many pictures. Luckily we get all those free Disney Visa pictures every time we visit Epcot.

joanna71985

I didn't say anything to disparage the accident. I'm sure WE knew him as well. When I heard the news and broke it to my daughter we were both very upset. It was a horrible thing that should have never happened. The fact is, as I explained, this accident has nothing to do with the show stops, and therefore the popular show stops should have continued or all the parades with floats should have been discontinued.

Ok, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gotten like that. It's just that this topic is a hard matter in our department. So I am sorry. But I do not believe that showstops will return. It is just too dangerous having all those people in the street with these big floats. This is a lot safer and frankly, I believe safety is very important.

I was at the parade on August 2 and the snowglobes were completely gone. The characters were fastened to a pole so they didn't fall off of the float. I sure am going to miss that parade, but a new parade would be really nice.

"Brer Rabbit, I might just have to roast ya!!!!"

joanna71985

100_0434-1.jpg

100_0436-1.jpg

100_0437-1.jpg

100_0438-1.jpg

dixiegirl

parents are unacceptable these days. its mostly these 25-30 year oldish parents who really are to young to have kids, because they are still kids themselves that get into fist fights over a spot on the curb for a freakin parade. and then they let there kid run around all over the street during a parade when a 3 ton float is right in front of them. and then the parents have to get out in the middle of the street to take a pointless picture of their kid sitting on the curb watching the parade. come on. get a brain in your head. when a cast member has told you 37 times that if you want to stand for the parade that you need to be on the sidewalk, its a good indication that your listening skills are on the same level of a brick, and that you need to quickly exit the park and go to universal. QUICKLY.

NOT ALL 25-30 year old parents let their children act in such a manner as you are speaking of...I've seen people of ALL ages act quite unbelievable just to get a good view of the parade and the such all over Walt Disney World....and yes before it is asked I am a 30 year old mother of 2 girls and their father is also in his thirties...If my children ever behaved in such a way that you are speaking about in public....we would be heading back to our room so it would not ruin the "magic" for everyone else.. But then again not everyone does this...

MMP

There's a big difference in showstops and letting kids in the streets. Disney still uses showstops in a lot of other parades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom