Changes to Fastpass+ Tiers at Hollywood Studios Effective 8.29

Club Cooloholic

Well, last trip had fast passes for RnR and ToT in addition to slinky dog and TSM obviously on two separate days. Well missed ToT due to thunderstorm and RnR was missed later because kids just did not want to do it. Now this move looks like I wont be pulling off all those rides anytime soon.

erasure fan1

I think people are trying to compare the crowds at Disneyland and use that data for Disney World and it's most likely not accurate. They see how Disneyland wasn't that bad, and are trying to think DW won't be bad either. Nope. It's going to be hell on earth.
That's why I'm so curious about what will happen. I can see both scenarios. I can see with the way Disneyland went and the fact that crowds are extremely light, So so reaction to Falcon and things like blue milk, As well as the signature ride not being open. Couple that with skyrocketing prices and I can see a PR disaster for Disney because it's all a disappointment. But I can see it being a complete zoo as well. I've said it before, I think the split opening is a mistake. I believe it hurt Disneyland and time will tell if it hurts WDW.

LuvWDW2

Yesterday was my FP day (8/30 arrival, day after these changes go into effect). I picked RNRC for my Tier 1 but SDD was available for 60+1 in the evening (almost an hour after FP booking window opened).

blueslegend

Strange decision. Thought they might direct crowds away from GE and into other areas of the park but this contradicts that ideology. May be they are making it less attractive to go at all thus reduce crowd numbers. I wouldn’t get a Fastpass just cos I can. It needs to be something I really want to do otherwise wouldn’t bother.

blueslegend

My plan. 7 days vacation with 1 day Ultimate Thrills Tour, 1 day Animal Kingdom and 5 days pool bar and Food & Wine. GE will still be there next year.......

P.S. might chuck in MNSSHP

bubbles1812

For the casual visitor it’ll be one ride with no FP in any tier and crazy expensive gift shops. I may be super naive, but after the hard core fans buy their 200 dollar lightsabers, do you guys think they will keep selling for years? I love my Epcot t-shirts and pins, but that’s a lot of coin for a souvenir.
There was an interesting thread about this in the General Forum not too long ago. I honestly think they’ll still keep managing to sell them, maybe not at the same level as like within the first year it opens, but it’s not going to drop tons and tons.

Everyone has that thing they value. I buy a Dooney & Burke bag nearly every trip. They are expensive, but I love them, and my collection. I imagine that that lightsaber will be that for some people. And certainly not all the Star Wars fans are going to show up only in Year 1.

Brooklin Disney Dad

Pretty sure it will. Simple math. If fewer people are able to ride ToT with FP, then less of the ride's capacity is dedicated to FP users. Therefore, more of the rides capacity will be dedicated to standby. If more of the ride's capacity is dedicated to standby, then the standby line will move quicker. If the standby line moves quicker, I won't have to wait in the standby line as long as would have. Then I can hop over to RNR which also will have less of it's capacity dedicated to FP users.

Star Tours on the other hand....
Great discussion! However, what about park hoppers? Instead of using a fast pass to say, ride Slinky and RnR, now they have to wait for one. FP+ is great to hop. I unfortunately won’t be there this year to see what system has greater benefits.

DisneyCane

How will the fastpass tiers look when MMRR and galaxy’s edge are all open. Going next summer.
It would be kind of stupid if those plus ToT, RNRC, SDD and TSMW are all tier 1. Well, unless the upcharge is coming to remove tiers. You can book 1 ride that you actually want to ride but, for the low price of $50 per ticket per day you can book 2 and, for only $100 per ticket per day you can book all tier 1s and get a 4th advanced reservation. That will be when I stop buying an AP.

danheaton

I suspect this has to be temporary and a way to deal with expected crowds for Galaxy's Edge (which may or may not materialize). When we have three new attractions, they'll have to adjust in some way with Tier 1. Removing tiers would be great, but I'm a bit skeptical.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
How will the fastpass tiers look when MMRR and galaxy’s edge are all open. Going next summer.
SDD+TSM+AS2+RNR+TOT+MMRR+MFSR+ROTR= hourly capacity of ~ 13,200. If they allocate 80% of that to FastPass that’s 127,000 FastPasses in a 12 hour day.

Average DHS attendance in 2018 was 31,000 guests.

So I imagine they’ll re-tier.

danheaton

I wonder if Disney won't make changes until after they see what happens with ROTR. I don't expect there will be FPs right away there and that the structure would only be shifted in the future.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yes correct....But to change it on 12/5, they would have to have it available on 9/5 for the 90 day FP people and he is saying it is not available at the 90 window so its not likely to happen on 12/5
Tiers don't apply to the 90 day window, so any change in tiers would be at 60+14 at the earliest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom