• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Changes to Fastpass+ Tiers at Hollywood Studios Effective 8.29

DisneyCane

How will the fastpass tiers look when MMRR and galaxy’s edge are all open. Going next summer.
It would be kind of stupid if those plus ToT, RNRC, SDD and TSMW are all tier 1. Well, unless the upcharge is coming to remove tiers. You can book 1 ride that you actually want to ride but, for the low price of $50 per ticket per day you can book 2 and, for only $100 per ticket per day you can book all tier 1s and get a 4th advanced reservation. That will be when I stop buying an AP.

danheaton

Advertisement
I suspect this has to be temporary and a way to deal with expected crowds for Galaxy's Edge (which may or may not materialize). When we have three new attractions, they'll have to adjust in some way with Tier 1. Removing tiers would be great, but I'm a bit skeptical.

DisneyDreamer08

So the 2nd Star Wars ride opens 12/5, meaning people staying club level should have their 90 day access now right? Has anyone heard if the structure is changing at that time?

danheaton

I wonder if Disney won't make changes until after they see what happens with ROTR. I don't expect there will be FPs right away there and that the structure would only be shifted in the future.

I think the question was about whether or not the current tier structure was changing 12/5. I could see them adding FP to Smugglers Run on 12/5 or at least restructuring the groups.
Yes correct....But to change it on 12/5, they would have to have it available on 9/5 for the 90 day FP people and he is saying it is not available at the 90 window so its not likely to happen on 12/5

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yes correct....But to change it on 12/5, they would have to have it available on 9/5 for the 90 day FP people and he is saying it is not available at the 90 window so its not likely to happen on 12/5
Tiers don't apply to the 90 day window, so any change in tiers would be at 60+14 at the earliest.

MansionButler84

I would be shocked if they change tiers before Jan 3. The goal of the new tiers is to deal with crowds and whether or not you think ROTR will bring them, I guarantee Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years will.
Yes. There are currently no concrete plans to change tiers or bring FP to SWGE. I suspect they will evaluate once the entire land has been opened and determine when to add FP to SWGE (presumably at some point in 2020). Once MFSR and RotR are added to FP, I would imagine they and MMRR will make up Tier 1 with everything else moved back to Tier 2 where they belong. So this will be a short, national nightmare at best.

Castastone

Yes. There are currently no concrete plans to change tiers or bring FP to SWGE. I suspect they will evaluate once the entire land has been opened and determine when to add FP to SWGE (presumably at some point in 2020). Once MFSR and RotR are added to FP, I would imagine they and MMRR will make up Tier 1 with everything else moved back to Tier 2 where they belong. So this will be a short, national nightmare at best.
I would be surprised if SDD is tier 2.

Also I’m not sure MFSR justifies tier 1.

Castastone

What’s really important is that after MMRR opens the park will have a decent ride capacity for the first time in forever (I’m assuming it’s largest ever?), so all of this will matter substantially less. Standby Lines won’t be nearly as bad and FP will be plentiful. Ish.

DisneyDreamer08

Thanks for all the responses. Both Star Wars rides have single rider, correct? I’m in the early stages of FP planning for our January trip :)

MansionButler84

I would be surprised if SDD is tier 2.

Also I’m not sure MFSR justifies tier 1.
There’s really no need for four Tier 1 rides. Capacity is high enough from the three newest rides. If we assume a capacity of 1500 per hour for each, that’s 54000 in a 12-hr day. More than enough. And of course MFSR will be Tier 1. It’s a consolation when RotR sells out. Just like NRJ.

Last edited:

Castastone

There’s really no need for four Tier 1 rides. Capacity is high enough from the three newest rides. If we assume a capacity of 1500 per hour for each, that’s 54000 in a 12-hr day. More than enough. And of course MFSR will be Tier 1. It’s a consolation when RotR sells out. Just like NRJ.
I think of it this way: DHS will have a ton of ride capacity now. So why bother screwing with tiers at all? The answer is so that people booking at 60+1 or 30 days have something of value to book. SDD is still the hottest FP in all of WDW, is still fairly low capacity, and will be less than two years old. ROTR is supposed to be transcendent (let’s hope). OTOH, MFSR hasn’t proven on either coast to have popularity at that level. I don’t think it’s nearly the consolation prize that SDD is.

MansionButler84

I think of it this way: DHS will have a ton of ride capacity now. So why bother screwing with tiers at all? The answer is so that people booking at 60+1 or 30 days have something of value to book. SDD is still the hottest FP in all of WDW, is still fairly low capacity, and will be less than two years old. ROTR is supposed to be transcendent (let’s hope). OTOH, MFSR hasn’t proven on either coast to have popularity at that level. I don’t think it’s nearly the consolation prize that SDD is.
What do I know?

Top Bottom