Changes to Fastpass+ Tiers at Hollywood Studios Effective 8.29

The_Jobu

Absolutely...that’s where I’m at as well.

People have to remember that even Disney has been very careful to advertise
FP+ as a “benefit”. They really haven’t...they offer it with out superlative. That in of itself is telling.

Here’s what it was designed to do:
1. Track movements to glean data for revenue streams and staff reductions
2. Ride ration...as near zero investment since DAK for a stunning 15 years grew crowds to a level where the parks flaws show.
3. Eventually - more revenue streams.

Iger himself - slime monkey that he is - talked about how he had to “convince” the board to authorize the spending on it. There is EXACTLY one way you convince a mercenary board of billionaires like Disney to spend. One.

But this is our responsibility - the consumers. It’s a relationship and you’re allowing everyone to be abused. When I see “oh I just wish they’d charge so I can be done with it...my time is too valuable”

That kinda thought cause rampant deflation of the value of MY time. There are no “individuals” in a team Disney. And there never will be. Wise up, peeps.

Slowclap.avi

This is spot on. Especially the staff reductions.

donsullivan

Premium Member
quite a few people on Facebook and other fan forums are reporting the new HS Tiers since today is the 60 day mark for August 29. But, I can't find any official list on the disney site anywhere. Does anyone have a link to a disney URL with the new tiers?

I just looked at 8/30.
Tier 1= Swirling Saucers, Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Toy Story Midway Mania, Slinky Dog & Tower of Terror.
Tier 2 = Everything else

Janir

2) My hotel was only $150/night and unlike Disney resorts they offered me a $15 per night discount for being a Veteran so that made it $135/night.
You do know about Shades of Green for active military and veterans? You get a whole resort dedicated to you guys that gives resort stay and park ticket discounts to military and their families. Worth a look into for you.

bubbles1812

I just looked at 8/30.
Tier 1= Swirling Saucers, Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Toy Story Midway Mania, Slinky Dog & Tower of Terror.
Tier 2 = Everything else
That’s just crappy. One good fast pass and then I guess I’ll burn the rest as quickly as possible to start shooting for the worthwhile ones.

KIsAPrincess

Are any of the shows worth a FP? Specifically Disney Jr, Little Mermaid or Frozen?
We fastpass the Frozen show every single time. I have two girls. The actors are hilarious and there is a lot of crowd interaction with the official Arandell Royal Historians. I don't really think there is a bad seat in the theater - but we like to be down front. Even the hubs likes it.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Original Poster
For those going to MGM on 8.29, 8.30 or 8.31, be aware that the RIDES (SDD, TSM, @SS, ToT, RnR, and Star Tours) all have FPs starting at 6:00 AM, and they seem to be gone already for 8.29 (at least there are none available for parties of 3 that day). The shows all seem start with FPs after "normal" hours (9-10ish). So if you're planning on going to MGM to rope drop ToT and ride it repeatedly with no lines by avoiding us Star Wars nerds, that may not work out.

I wish they had just killed FP+ for the whole park those three days instead of this asinine tiering tomfoolery.

Starting on 9.1, when there is EEMH from 6-9 and the park officially opens at 9, it appears that FP+ starts at 9 for all FP+ attractions.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Original Poster
We fastpass the Frozen show every single time. I have two girls. The actors are hilarious and there is a lot of crowd interaction with the official Arandell Royal Historians. I don't really think there is a bad seat in the theater - but we like to be down front. Even the hubs likes it.
I agree completely. We would have skipped it but for a recommendation from a friend, and it was a lot of fun. Some jokes for the parents, some jokes for the kids. We FPd it both times, which wasn't really necessary. But with the ridiculous new tiers (can you tell I'm not a fan?), if you're going to FP a show, I would do Frozen.

aladdin2007

doctornick

What is the rationale for this change? What is the benefit to MGM, or the Guest?

The rationale is that they are expecting many more guests once SW:GE opens and they want to give all guests at least one FP+ to a ride (which are limited number in the park). Under the old/current system, the FP+ to the rides would be gobbled up quickly with a substantial increase in attendance and people would be left with the potentially to only get shows with FP+, which are of little value.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You do know about Shades of Green for active military and veterans? You get a whole resort dedicated to you guys that gives resort stay and park ticket discounts to military and their families. Worth a look into for you.

SoG is only available to retired veterans, or active military. Those of us who served one term of enlistment are not illegible to stay at SoG, unfortunately.
I am well aware of Shades of Green.
It is for ACTIVE Military or retired CAREER veterans.
Others who served and did not make a career out of it don't get to use Shades of Green.
Twice each year, SOG opens up its rooms to veterans who left the service with honorable discharges as detailed here.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What is the rationale for this change? What is the benefit to MGM, or the Guest?
The Benefit is that mgm is a half day park and continues to be as they piecemeal things over 31 years...they started with 5,000,000 visitors...now they think they’ll get 15,000,000

Please, I beg you wdw clientele, don’t be stupid enough to make them right. Don’t swallow redonkulous crowds that are a complete failure in serving their customers and encourage them to upcharge everything...

Wait...what am I saying? You’re gonna do whatever anyway.

Carry on.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The rationale is that they are expecting many more guests once SW:GE opens and they want to give all guests at least one FP+ to a ride (which are limited number in the park). Under the old/current system, the FP+ to the rides would be gobbled up quickly with a substantial increase in attendance and people would be left with the potentially to only get shows with FP+, which are of little value.
Honest question: who’s “ok” with that?

First you had to prebook when and what you do in an all inclusive park...now you get 1 thing desirable in that restrictive format?

I hope this is overcautious and temporary...or they might just be crossing the river.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom