Changes in store for Fantasmic?

Chernabog

DL has Peter Pan and Captain Hook and a pirate ship?!?!?!?:eek: This is the first time I've ever heard of this. I've never been out there but was planning a trip this summer and now am even more excited. I love Fantasmic and I think the Pocahontas part is nice but I've never seen this Pan sequence which everyone talks about. What happens? It'll be sad to see Poca go but it may be a nice addition. I always feel bad for characters/movies that get shafted in the parks. Please someone tell me more!:D

xfkirsten

The Peter Pan scene is incredible! The Columbia comes around Tom Sawyer Island, with Hook and Pan and Smee and Wendy and a whole crew of pirates. As it passes by, Pan and Hook climb all ovoer the masts and the rigging of the ship, fighting. Very, VERY impressive!

As for an original replacement at WDW, I'd still like to see them put in a POTC scene. It would be in the same veini as Peter Pan, but it wouludn't be an exact copy. Have the Black Pearl come out with a big fight between the soldiers and the pirates. :)

-Kirsten

imagineersrock

Originally posted by xfkirsten
The Peter Pan scene is incredible! The Columbia comes around Tom Sawyer Island, with Hook and Pan and Smee and Wendy and a whole crew of pirates. As it passes by, Pan and Hook climb all ovoer the masts and the rigging of the ship, fighting. Very, VERY impressive!

As for an original replacement at WDW, I'd still like to see them put in a POTC scene. It would be in the same veini as Peter Pan, but it wouludn't be an exact copy. Have the Black Pearl come out with a big fight between the soldiers and the pirates. :)

-Kirsten

being a HUGE potc fan, i'd be all for it.. however, it would be the only live action film to be thrown into the mix though wouldnt it? -IMO that'd throw off the animated character mood of the show.

xfkirsten

Originally posted by imagineersrock
being a HUGE potc fan, i'd be all for it.. however, it would be the only live action film to be thrown into the mix though wouldnt it? -IMO that'd throw off the animated character mood of the show.

Y'know, I'd never even noticed that there were no other live action films in there? :lol: But you're right.

-Kirsten

imagineersrock

Originally posted by xfkirsten
Y'know, I'd never even noticed that there were no other live action films in there? :lol: But you're right.

-Kirsten

lol don't feel bad, it wasn't something i would've thought of right away either, but once you introduced the idea of a live action film, i was like hey wait a sec---!

:cool:

DarkMeasures

I like the Peter Pan idea (never saw it) but I do enjoy the Pocahontas Scene. (it's all good).

My only problem with the current show is when it rains, and then stops, you get wet bleachers. And with florida Weather....

However, if the Seats were all covered, it would be much better.

The Cave of Wonders does cover the snake setup. There are 28 cast members all getting into their segments and out onto the stage. It takes awhile. Any technical questions on Fantasmic I can probably answer if anyone is interested.

Dark Measures,

That is why they sell ponchos. I remember a time when the entire park was out of ponchos and while looking in the computer we noticed that Fantasmic still had 6000 ponchos in stock. It was quite a challenge to get them to give some of them up for the rest of the park.

boo52

While the Peter Pan idea seems grand. There is no room behind the island for another ship. The only way they would be able to do it is to have some sort of overlay for the steamboat. I would be hard pressed to believe that something like that would hapen due to the time it would take to change over and strike the stunt equipment before it would be sent out for it's second pass as the Steamboat. Now if they would do some stunt pirtate sequence on the mountain that would involve maybe a fight sequence taking place on Neverland Island, that would be more likely.

he-guy

I don't know if this is a great idea. Pocohontas isn't that big right now, but the Special Edition DVD is coming soon, I don't know that WDW would try to erase one of the last glimpses of this movies characters from all parks but DAK.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Now I love Fantasmic - but I have to admit that the too much of the show centres around Pocahontas. I would welcome a change and Peter Pan from DL sounds great.

Coasterbp

Is everyone forgetting the rehab that Fantasmic just went through in January? Why in the world would it go back down again in the fall? It's not happening.

As for changing the Pocahontas scene...it may happen eventually, but not for a while. I'd say at least 2 more years. And it probably won't be to Peter Pan. And if it were Peter Pan, don't look for any new large watercraft, because as Boo52 stated, there isn't room behind the mountain for any more large watercraft.

OnWiththeShow, it's 17 performers for Cobra....

:wave:

cherrynegra

Originally posted by Coasterbp
Is everyone forgetting the rehab that Fantasmic just went through in January? Why in the world would it go back down again in the fall? It's not happening.

As for changing the Pocahontas scene...it may happen eventually, but not for a while. I'd say at least 2 more years. And it probably won't be to Peter Pan. And if it were Peter Pan, don't look for any new large watercraft, because as Boo52 stated, there isn't room behind the mountain for any more large watercraft.

OnWiththeShow, it's 17 performers for Cobra....

:wave:

Yes, if what you said is true about no room for two large water crafts, they would have to find some other story to take Pocohantas' place. Is it possible to do Peter Pan without the Hook's ship? I don't know, use the canoes from Pocahantas in the story with Peter Pan since I believe there were Native American characters in it.

imagineer boy

As much as I hate the Pochahantas scene and love the Peter Pan scene, I don't think Peter Pan should come to WDW's Fantasmic. Why? Because the shows need to be different so that they're not the same if a person from DL went to see WDW's. Here' my idea for a replacement for Pochaboring:

Mickey: Hey, uh, what's going on? Uh oh!

BANG!

Gaston and his angry villagers appear on stage with torches and pitch forks.

Gaston: Come on! We must kill the beast!

Villagers: yeah!

They march around singing "Kill the Beast" for a little while and then attack. People dressed as the beast's Lumier, cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, ect. ( or perhaps puppeteers dressed in black behind and controlling a puppet which is lit up in black light ) do stunt work and fight Gaston and his angry villagers.

It then cuts to Gaston fighting the beast on the mountain. It plays the same as the movie where he tells Gaston to get out, belle calls to beast, Gaston stabs beast, Gaston falls off the mountain to his death.

Belle: Beast, I love you.

Beast: I love you Belle.

They reach out similar to Pochaboring and then cuts to prince and princesses dancing scene and the rest of Fantasmic goes from there. What do you think?

I also think that the bubbles scene should be shortened because it is simply way too long.

sniggle74

Originally posted by imagineer boy
As much as I hate the Pochahantas scene and love the Peter Pan scene, I don't think Peter Pan should come to WDW's Fantasmic. Why? Because the shows need to be different so that they're not the same if a person from DL went to see WDW's. Here' my idea for a replacement for Pochaboring:

Mickey: Hey, uh, what's going on? Uh oh!

BANG!

Gaston and his angry villagers appear on stage with torches and pitch forks.

Gaston: Come on! We must kill the beast!

Villagers: yeah!

They march around singing "Kill the Beast" for a little while and then attack. People dressed as the beast's Lumier, cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, ect. ( or perhaps puppeteers dressed in black behind and controlling a puppet which is lit up in black light ) do stunt work and fight Gaston and his angry villagers.

It then cuts to Gaston fighting the beast on the mountain. It plays the same as the movie where he tells Gaston to get out, belle calls to beast, Gaston stabs beast, Gaston falls off the mountain to his death.

Belle: Beast, I love you.

Beast: I love you Belle.

They reach out similar to Pochaboring and then cuts to prince and princesses dancing scene and the rest of Fantasmic goes from there. What do you think?

I also think that the bubbles scene should be shortened because it is simply way too long.

Great idea IB! I was thinking here at the office most of the day as to what else could be added. I can't believe I totally forgot BATB. The other idea that came to mind (other than my first love Robin Hood) was Mulan. Granted, the fight happened on the snow capped mountains and not a crag like in Fantasmic! but it could work as well. There's action, stunts...and could possibly have that tight connection like we see in Pocahontas.

FigmentJedi

Another idea they had for a segment for WDW's Fantasmic was a recreation of the Squid fight from 20000 Leagues Under The Sea. It would of had a Nautilus with Captain Nemo and some Nautilus crew members fighting a inflatable Squid while Mickey played Toccata and Fugue in D Minor on an Organ on the island for musical accompaniment.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally posted by Tahu
Another idea they had for a segment for WDW's Fantasmic was a recreation of the Squid fight from 20000 Leagues Under The Sea. It would of had a Nautilus with Captain Nemo and some Nautilus crew members fighting a inflatable Squid while Mickey played Toccata and Fugue in D Minor on an Organ on the island for musical accompaniment.

Wasn`t a variation of this planned for the original Fantasmic? Sounds familiar!

pppapazo

Originally posted by marni1971
Wasn`t a variation of this planned for the original Fantasmic? Sounds familiar!

Originally, the show at the Studios was supposed to be Fantasmic Hollywood! and was to be substantially different from the show we ended up getting. As I recall, the 20K squid fight was a part of this plan

I'd love to hear more details of the original plans for the show, if anyone has them. I think it would be great if Fantasmic! were restaged with Mickey (literally) in a Director's Chair on a movie set when something goes wrong. It could incorporate other Disney properties like Mary Poppins or Pirates of the Caribbean.

Peter

Bill

Account Suspended
I'd love to see Pirates and Beast in Fantasmic! Hee hee.

When my sister was younger, (She's 8 now) my best friend & I did sort of a "Fantasmic! Puppet Show" using mini bean bags, glow in the dark stars, and an edited version of the Fantasmic CD. We incorporated "Kill the Beast" into it one time. Worked out pretty well too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom