Changes in store for Fantasmic?

TP2000

Langdonj said:
Hey Wave... Starter... Guy, did you know the origin of the Wave was at an NBA game, and they did it bottum to top instead of horizontally? Wierd, Huh? (Sorry for the thread drift)

Hate to break it to you, but The Wave was started at the University of Washington in Seattle back on October 31st, 1981. I wasn't there at that Halloween game, but I attended Husky games back in the early 80's and remember when it was still fresh and novel later in the 1981 season. By the 1982 season it was spreading to the other Pac-10 schools on the West Coast and being picked up on TV, and the rest is history.

But the NBA, or any sporting event beyond the West Coast, has no part in the history of The Wave. Click here for the official story.

http://gohuskies.collegesports.com/trads/020498aad.html

Seattle has given Americans some great inventions... Nordstrom, Starbucks, Microsoft, and The Wave. :cool:

And to bring this back on topic.... The MGM version of Fantasmic! is dramatically different from the Disneyland version, and mostly not for the better. (Although the bleachers are nice) In the words of my dear, sweet Californian mother after her first trip to WDW in 1999 as we left the Fantasmic! arena after the performance.... "Wow, that sucked." :D

xfkirsten

TP2000 said:
Hate to break it to you, but The Wave was started at the University of Washington in Seattle back on October 31st, 1981. I wasn't there at that Halloween game, but I attended Husky games back in the early 80's and remember when it was still fresh and novel later in the 1981 season. By the 1982 season it was spreading to the other Pac-10 schools on the West Coast and being picked up on TV, and the rest is history.

But the NBA, or any sporting event beyond the West Coast, has no part in the history of The Wave. Click here for the official story.

http://gohuskies.collegesports.com/trads/020498aad.html

Seattle has given Americans some great inventions... Nordstrom, Starbucks, Microsoft, and The Wave. :cool:

And to bring this back on topic.... The MGM version of Fantasmic! is dramatically different from the Disneyland version, and mostly not for the better. (Although the bleachers are nice) In the words of my dear, sweet Californian mother after her first trip to WDW in 1999 as we left the Fantasmic! arena after the performance.... "Wow, that sucked." :D

Oh! You went to the games when they would actually win! :lol:

/born and raised Washingtonian who was born on Apple Cup Saturday, 1982

And yes, DL's version beats WDW's all over the place, but I'm beating a very-dead horse here, so that's all I'll say about that. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom