Changes Coming to The Swiss Family Treehouse

The Empress Lilly

I disagree with you in this instance. SFR just isn't that compelling or relevent and I wouldn't mind a reimagining of this attraction. Are we witnessing a "prefurb"? :shrug:

:eek:

*runs for shelter*
:mad::fork: Why, you insolent, sadly mistaken littl...

Nah. ;)

We all have our little favourites, eh? One of mine is the Treehouse, which I adore. It is a must-do for me, I need it for my emotional satisfaction. I'm not in AL until I've climbed the Treehouse.

WDW1974

I have to wonder if anything will increase the popularity of an attraction where guests have to (GASP!!!) exert themselves by walking up stairs!

~GFC~

I love this attraction. But i definitley thing it needs some new elements. No one's ever in the line to go so i think that disney's is right for changing it up a lil!

MissMorrow

Yeah, and especially Terk. Having Rosie O'Donnell scream at people is not my idea of "plussing"...

:ROFLOL: Just add in Iago and Stitch and I think Sounds Dangerous would loose it's top spot on the worst attractions list!

But anyway, I'm glad it's is getting some TLC. It was my favorite attraction as a kid.

jayhawkmickey

We just got back from WDW in September and it just wasn't the same without climbing the treehouse. I'm all for a little sprucing up and an improved queue as long as it's still Swiss Family Robinson. The treehouse and POTC have always been my favorites.

repairs to be made?

We went through the Treehouse two days before it closed for refurbishing. The fiberglass trunk and limbs were cracked in a lot of areas and needed to be repaired to prevent moisture intrusion.

PhilharMagician

They have been cutting pressure treated lumber in the queue are and a new arbor is appearing more each day. It looks like the queue is being extended out father than it was before.

I am rather surprised that any work is being put into this attraction. Thhis attraction just never seems to be busy. I personally think it is boring, but it can be a nice change once in a while. Now every time I am up in the tree house there is at least one person complaining that they should not have to climb all these stairs.

I have to wonder if anything will increase the popularity of an attraction where guests have to (GASP!!!) exert themselves by walking up stairs!

~GFC~

Since it is a lot of exertion to walk the stairs, they are building ramps all the way up and down the ride for ECV's and escalators are being added for the the non ECV guests. Then to top it off there is a going to be a ice cream cart located on the top to replenish the calories lost.

Now that the sarcasm is over, you are correct about many of the guests not wanting to climb all those stairs. I think that will end up being it's demise. I hope JT's is right on this one and that this ends up being changed in some way in the near future to bring it out of the 1950's.

maxairmike

They could take it out, but I don't really know what other attraction they could put there, besides a spinner. It takes up next to no space and is a bit of a hidden gem. If people that can enjoy it are too lazy, then they miss out. There's really no way to make it ADA compliant, so that may be its ultimate undoing if they ever make any changes that could be considered major enough to force them to go ADA compliant.

chargerag

I wonder if they could retheme the tree house to Lilo and Stich. The adventure land area sort of has a poly theme and would fit in with the hawia theme from the movie.

invader

I wonder if they could retheme the tree house to Lilo and Stich. The adventure land area sort of has a poly theme and would fit in with the hawia theme from the movie.

Please, no. There needs to be atleast one attraction left in Magic Kingdom that doesn't have a character overlay.

Clever Name

Disney cut a deal with Time/Warner and I heard they were going to do a Gilligan’s Island meets Swiss Family Robinson rehab. The Professor is going to create some great gadgets for the tree house including a pedal powered HDTV with a satellite dish! :wave:

The Duck

Disney cut a deal with Time/Warner and I heard they were going to do a Gilligan’s Island meets Swiss Family Robinson rehab. The Professor is going to create some great gadgets for the tree house including a pedal powered HDTV with a satellite dish! :wave:

Shhh... Don't give them ideas. :D I've always enjoyed the treehouse but I haven't been able to experience it like I used to. Arthritic knees and a cane can be a pain (literally) while climbing the steps but on the plus side, I get to cut the line at Splash Mountain!

PhilharMagician

They could take it out, but I don't really know what other attraction they could put there, besides a spinner. It takes up next to no space and is a bit of a hidden gem. If people that can enjoy it are too lazy, then they miss out. There's really no way to make it ADA compliant, so that may be its ultimate undoing if they ever make any changes that could be considered major enough to force them to go ADA compliant.
There is plenty of room there to put another attraction, but I would not expect that to happen. Honestly it can be a people eater during busy times and requires no CM's for operation and has almost zero moving parts to maintain. This is a very low cost attraction.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
This is one attraction, minor though it may be, where WDW is better than its analog at DLR. The rehab into Tarzan might have worked OK had they left it themed as a treehouse, rather than merely a long walking path to see dioramas of the story.

That said, I personally would not mind removing the SFT. It holds little enjoyment for me.

I am under the impression that this rehab relates to Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom.

This, however, would make a lot of sense to me. Incorporate a few interactive elements into the queue and the treehouse that relate to the new game, and you could have something that actually causes kids to learn a bit about the story and the attraction.

MickeyPeace

I am under the impression that this rehab relates to Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom.

I'm not sure that would be the best idea.

Let's add a new attraction to MK, Sorcerers, and make it inaccessible to handicap guests (which make up a huge percentage of guests visiting).

Unless thats part of the rehab, making the treehouse handicap accessible, I don't see this happening.

WorldKey

NewfieFan

I'm not sure that would be the best idea.

Let's add a new attraction to MK, Sorcerers, and make it inaccessible to handicap guests (which make up a huge percentage of guests visiting).

Unless thats part of the rehab, making the treehouse handicap accessible, I don't see this happening.

But maybe there will be different "missions" or something just like the KP game at Epcot. Those who need an accessible mission just won't get the treehouse one!

The attraction as it stands is not accessible to those guests so what difference does it make if they add something to it that the other guests can enjoy!?! :shrug:

NoChesterHester

The attraction as it stands is not accessible to those guests so what difference does it make if they add something to it that the other guests can enjoy!?! :shrug:

You must not have someone that needs this.

The point of accessibility is that there arent classes of guests. There aren't "other" guests. As close to the same access for everyone as possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom