Changes Coming to The Swiss Family Treehouse

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
But maybe there will be different "missions" or something just like the KP game at Epcot. Those who need an accessible mission just won't get the treehouse one!

The attraction as it stands is not accessible to those guests so what difference does it make if they add something to it that the other guests can enjoy!?! :shrug:

You must not have someone that needs this.

The point of accessibility is that there arent classes of guests. There aren't "other" guests. As close to the same access for everyone as possible.

I agree with the point of "accessibility" you state, NoChesterHester. And my parents fall into the category of "cannot do SFT anymore" because they can't handle the stairs.

Nonetheless, I don't think that means that Disney shouldn't try to improve the inaccessible attractions. As it stands, SFT is not very popular and is an inefficient use of space at MK because of the lack of popularity. Making the attraction more popular by adding something to it shouldn't be frowned upon because it isn't accessible. If that were the case, we shouldn't have spent money improving Space Mountain because lots of people can't experience that for health reasons.

RSoxNo1

I know that there are major expansions under way and announced, but isn't this area where an expansion plot to Adventureland exists?

That attraction is in a prime location and really doesn't justify it by it's attendance.

Jakester

Even though I havent seen the movie, the treehouse should stay the same theme. Can't wait to go thru it after the refurb.

TSI on the otherhand, i went there on the 40th, and was in and out within 30minutes.
There needs to be a major refurbishment/expansion of this area, I feel like it is just wasted space.

NewfieFan

You must not have someone that needs this.

The point of accessibility is that there arent classes of guests. There aren't "other" guests. As close to the same access for everyone as possible.

Well, actually I do! My father can no longer enjoy this attraction after his fall from a 14ft ladder and snapping his femur in two. I know exactly what the point of accessibility means! Please don't assume.

My point was why not have an aspect of the new game that was included in the treehouse!?! The treehouse is not accessible now so how does that change if they add something to it? I'm not saying make the whole game inaccessible and Disney would never do that anyway. I was just saying if one of the "missions" (if there's going to be different missions) included the treehouse I can't see it being an issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom