Changes at WDW due to alligator attack (dedicated thread)

21stamps

I seem to be in the minority here, but there's nothing Disney can do related to this child's death that can be too much or over-reacting. I wouldn't care if they put up billboards, if it would save even one child. I've seen with my on eyes the gator that was hanging out by Splash. There's even video of a cm trying to scare one off at a spot where it easily could have hurt someone in the park. People assume since the alligators are in these spots and Disney doesn't seemed concerned, then they don't need to be cautious.
Fences can't stop the alligators, but they will put people on alert and give people the chance to avoid them.
Alligators have gone from endangered to 1.5 million in FL. With no control, this problem will continue to grow.
I guarantee you that if this was your child, then you wouldn't think any of this is over-reacting.
I don't want this thread to turn into the other one. I just want to post this in case someone reads your post. Alligators have not been endangered since the 1980s. So it's not like we have some new epidemic, or even an epidemic at all. Also, Florida is huge, and alligators typically stay away from people. Last but not least, there IS and has always been alligator control/trappers.--Just want to bring some perspective here.

Passing a law for children to be rear facing in their child seats until 2 years old, car seats until a minimum of 40lbs, high back boosters for several years after- this will save a child's life.

Closing areas around a body of water- this is over reacting to an alligator attack. There is too much water, and guess what, alligators travel. Same thing with shark attack- you don't permanently close a beach bc one happened.

Out of billions of people who have lived in and visited Florida since the 1980s- shark and alligator attacks happen to less than 1%. To pretend it is a "problem" is going overboard.

Now back to regular schedule :)

Last edited:

mimitchi33

Why would they pull Zootopia? There aren't ANY reptiles in that, let alone alligators.
Because it was the movie shown on the beach when the incident occured. I've seen it pulled from all of the Movie Night schedules. For example, one resort now shows Bambi and another shows The Good Dinosaur.

I agree nothing should be closed, and all at WDW should be as it was before. I'm surprised the crocs are still on exhibit on KS over at AK.:jawdrop:

Check out 2 interesting videos...

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/loca...cle_f336ed3a-3ed7-11e6-bcad-7b83f7d1bc25.html

Woah, that's scary.

brb1006

Also read on twitter that at Disney Junior: Live on Stage show, the audience now claps to scare away Capt Hook rather than doing the chomp or croc noises to simulate Tick Tock Croc. I will be there in a few days to confirm, but if true, this is getting way out of hand. I still feel bad for what happened but, is Disney going to pretend that crocs and gators don't exist from here on in?
So Hook has a phobia to clapping now?

brb1006

Ugh. I hate that the signs are in the MK. If anything, they could attempt to theme them a little to fit in with the area. It's not like you can access the water there anyway without hopping over a barrier that's a lot sturdier than the ones that they're putting up at the resorts. I can't really blame Disney for being overboard though. I just hate that we live in a world where things like that are necessary to prevent lawsuits.
I agree the signs should have been themed.

mimitchi33

Forget my last post about Zootopia screenings being cancelled-they've returned after a two-week hiatus at all resorts, but not on the day of the week of the incident.
Also read on twitter that at Disney Junior: Live on Stage show, the audience now claps to scare away Capt Hook rather than doing the chomp or croc noises to simulate Tick Tock Croc. I will be there in a few days to confirm, but if true, this is getting way out of hand. I still feel bad for what happened but, is Disney going to pretend that crocs and gators don't exist from here on in?
This YouTube channel has been uploading parts of the current show every few hours. If they do upload the Jake segment, I'll watch it and confirm if they clap to stop Hook.

natatomic

Forget my last post about Zootopia screenings being cancelled-they've returned after a two-week hiatus at all resorts, but not on the day of the week of the incident.

This YouTube channel has been uploading parts of the current show every few hours. If they do upload the Jake segment, I'll watch it and confirm if they clap to stop Hook.

I can confirm it. I saw the show and posted about it a few days ago.

sonoma15

Don't know if this was said yet but I think the crocodiles from LWTL have been removed.

If true this is a bit overboard.

JohnD

Anything beyond the JC joke, Louis in the castle show, chomping gator barge in electrical water pageant, and maybe Tick Tock in FOF is going overboard. What these have in common are scripts/elements in live parades/shows. Changing out existing ride features , whether live or not, is being over-sensitive.

To get back to facts, any confirmation that the LWTL alligator AAs have been removed (beyond a Twitter reference)?

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Anything beyond the JC joke, Louis in the castle show, chomping gator barge in electrical water pageant, and maybe Tick Tock in FOF is going overboard. What these have in common are scripts/elements in live parades/shows. Changing out existing ride features , whether live or not, is being over-sensitive.

To get back to facts, any confirmation that the LWTL alligator AAs have been removed (beyond a Twitter reference)?
What???? Twitters not enough for you? What more evidence do you need. Just because someone just said that they were there last week and that they actually saw them, is no reason to not believe what Twitter says. Is it?;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom