Changes at Pleasure Island won’t be finished until 2012

Duckberg

Yup

Sorry, but not every family includes little tikes who need to be in bed by 9:00. The entire resort is lacking in nighttime entertainment. The resort could really use something to do after the parks close at a far too early hour.

WDW :snore: need to get on the stick on this issue :veryconfu Duckberg :cool:

DisneyCanadian

I have a few ideas for PI:
what if they put an interactive multi-level museum. A history of Disney.

another option, what if they moved a show or two from the parks to PI?

I know there's lots of posters here who dislike MILF, but it has potential, what if they were to move something like that to DTD, particularily to PI?

serve some food in the theatre, maybe alcohol as well?
Rainforest Cafe or T-Rex are familly oriented, yet they serve booze there as well...just a thought

jt04

I know there's lots of posters here who dislike MILF, but it has potential, what if they were to move something like that to DTD, particularily to PI?

Rainforest Cafe or T-Rex are familly oriented, yet they serve booze there as well...just a thought

I like the idea. And it would get it out of T-Land. It could also easily go into the CW building. Win-win-win. Very good idea! A family dinner show early and a regular comedy club type show during the later hours for adults. Brilliant.

MadHatterJr

Disney nor anyone else is required to be all to all. That is just not what Disney is in the business of. And the more they get back to Walt's principles the better they will do. IMO.

So in that idea, is it really considered a problem to have something that might be considered a "non family" area like PI was? Its good to try and have little areas that cater to some of the varying demographics that make that "magical" moment for them. I'm only hoping for the best for what is coming, but I go to the parks about every month or two (sometimes more frequent), and it's nice to find areas where I can escape the "family" aspect of the world sometimes.

Jason the mildly disappointed

Lee

Adventurer
[/B]
Way to keep an open mind!:rolleyes:
Oh, no. On this issue it isn't open at all. Never was and never will be.
It's very cut and dry, black and white.
DTD without AC is worthless. Anything they build in it's place will not be worth my time, and will be an insult to Adventurers everywhere.
Seriously. I don't care if they are handing out chocolate candy wrapped in $100 bills. If it ain't AC....they can just keep it.
IMHO, of course...

lazyboy97o

Museums are good for people who visit infrequently. Downtown Disney is marketed both at both visitors and locals.

Moving the show does not address its poorly written script and lame jokes.

Why does alcohol keep coming up as this big issue? The only place at the entire Resort that is specifically no alcohol is the Magic Kingdom. Alcohol is served all over the property. Pleasure Island still has a pub and tequila bar.

Mouse Detective

The Save PI blog is reporting that Motion and Beach Club are coming down after the first of the year. AC and BET are coming down later. Mannequins. 8TRAX and CW structures are going to remain but be converted into restaurants.

NMBC1993

I like the idea. And it would get it out of T-Land. It could also easily go into the CW building. Win-win-win.
Except for the guests, I'd imagine a lot of guests would want a refund if they had to pay to go into MILF. Besides, why would they bring in a comedy club when where was already a much better one right there? I have expressed my opinion about PI for more than a year now so I won’t get into that. The way I look at this new information is they are just trying to bide their time and hopes that someone will want to rent out some space at DTD. Plus, they went out of their way to let the whole world know they are bringing enchantments to Fantastyland, why didn't they say ANYTHING about PI at D23? You'd think they'd want to put out any kind of news they could.

jt04

Except for the guests, I'd imagine a lot of guests would want a refund if they had to pay to go into MILF. Besides, why would they bring in a comedy club when where was already a much better one right there? I have expressed my opinion about PI for more than a year now so I won’t get into that. The way I look at this new information is they are just trying to bide their time and hopes that someone will want to rent out some space at DTD. Plus, they went out of their way to let the whole world know they are bringing enchantments to Fantastyland, why didn't they say ANYTHING about PI at D23? You'd think they'd want to put out any kind of news they could.

First if they did bring the show to PI (a long shot to say the least) they would obviously not keep the current show. It would have to be substantially longer and be a true improv type show with several acts. But I do think it could work.

D23 offered up the MK expansion. They needed something to offer WDW plus it will sell DVC's. Some here seem to think that they are saving some announcements for closer or soon after Potterland opens.

NMBC1993

First if they did bring the show to PI (a long shot to say the least) they would obviously not keep the current show. It would have to be substantially longer and be a true improve type show with several acts. But I do think it could work.

Again I say, if they already had one there which pretty much did all the things you just discribed, why couldn't they just re-open that one?

D23 offered up the MK expansion. They needed something to offer WDW plus it will sell DVC's. Some here seem to think that they are saving some announcements for closer or soon after Potterland opens.
It also offered up the Star Tours enchantments so it was not just about MK. They had different seminars for anything to do with the company, so if they really have this grand 4 year plan for PI tucked away somewhere, why not shed some light to the fans? Would it have really hurt anything?

jt04

Again I say, if they already had one there which pretty much did all the things you just discribed, why couldn't they just re-open that one?

It also offered up the Star Tours enchantments so it was not just about MK. They had different seminars for anything to do with the company, so if they really have this grand 4 year plan for PI tucked away somewhere, why not shed some light to the fans? Would it have really hurt anything?

The Monsters show seems possible to me because it promotes a Disney franchise unlike the original comedy warehouse. And, more importantly, it is familiy friendly. And that seems to be the direction they have decided to go. They could even have the shows be G rated during the day and early evening and create edgier shows for adults later in the evening. I really think it could work well.

I think they held back a lot of possibilities at D23 largely due to the uncertainties of the economy.

NMBC1993

The Monsters show seems possible to me because it promotes a Disney franchise unlike the original comedy warehouse. And, more importantly, it is familiy friendly. And that seems to be the direction they have decided to go. They could even have the shows be G rated during the day and early evening and create edgier shows for adults later in the evening. I really think it could work well.

I think they held back a lot of possibilities at D23 largely due to the uncertainties of the economy.

G rated shows are half the reason why MILF doesn't work in the first place. Seeing as I attended the shows at Comedy Warehouse very frequently I can tell you that the shows were not some R-rated could only be viewed at 3 am type of performance. They even say at the beginning of every show "Remember there are children in the audience and certain words and phrases just do not exists at WDW". Plus I think if Disney promoted their franchises anymore than they already do, the parks would become some kind of giant cheap billboard to promote anything that could make them a quick buck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom