Changes at Pleasure Island won’t be finished until 2012

jt04

Oh yes! I'm so distraught over you and PI! :rolleyes::lol: Please. This is nothing to me. I remember telling you that.

I also remember telling you that I look for proof. This constitutes it, and goes against everything you have said on the mater.

FL isn't a failure. I see a plan and what they want to do. It looks good. Can't say the same for Pleasure Island.

True, we will know when they want us too. But don't you think that they would try to shove the closures under the rug with something great and new? The clubs have been gone too long without a word on what we ARE getting. That's fishy.

Fishy? :lol:

Please, just accept Disney has a plan. Just because they don't feel the need to explain to a fan community that will rip it apart no matter how good it is, does not mean there is not a plan. They are wise to hold off on any new announcements until after Potter opens. That is just being smart.:D

EPCOT Explorer

Fishy? :lol:

Please, just accept Disney has a plan. Just because they don't feel the need to explain to a fan community that will rip it apart no matter how could it is, does not mean there is not a plan. They are wise to hold off on any new announcements until after Potter opens. That is just being smart.:D

Yeah, Fishy. Nemo. :lookaroun:lol:

I don't accept things without proof.:wave: However, your theorizing on an announcement after Potterland opens makes sense. Don't know if it's wise, though...If anything, it should have been synonymous with the announcement of the closures, to soften the blow.

GymLeaderPhil

If Disney had a plan they would be touting it in our faces right now. Enticing future DVC sales and vacation planners to spend their dollars at Walt Disney World.

There's a very detailed expansion in the Magic Kingdom.

There's a very detailed re-imagineering and expansion at Disney's California Adventure.

They don't have a plan or a clue as to what to do with Pleasure Island.

EPCOT Explorer

If Disney had a plan they would be touting it in our faces right now. Enticing future DVC sales and vacation planners to spend their dollars at Walt Disney World.

There's a very detailed re-imagineering and expansion at Disney's California Adventure.

Exactly. :wave:

Waiting this long to show off, as you say really is not smart. They are loosing people this way.

Mr.EPCOT

I'm sure the decision to close PI was made before the economy tanked.

People whine and complain"Why is there nothing at PI. They should put something there."

Disney says they have a plan-

"Ew. 4 years. I can't believe Disney is doing this!"

Happens all the time. Disney dies what people want,they complain. AGAIN.

Of course they say they have a plan. They would look even more stupid than they already do if they admitted otherwise.

As for New Fantasyland, we know what that will look like in four years. We have no idea what Pleasure Island will look like in that time. Why hasn't Disney released what their plans are? I maintain that if they actually had any plans, we would have seen bulldozers rolling just as soon as the clubs closed. Do you really think they intentionally wanted these places to sit empty for years?

jt04

People want to attack the plan no matter what it is in a desperate attempt (at the last minute) to save PI. That is another reason Disney has been wise to keep the plans secret.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm sure the decision to close PI was made before the economy tanked.

People whine and complain"Why is there nothing at PI. They should put something there."

Disney says they have a plan-

"Ew. 4 years. I can't believe Disney is doing this!"

Happens all the time. Disney dies what people want,they complain. AGAIN.
The Cylons had a plan to and we see how well that worked out.:D

Lee

Adventurer
Disney does what people want...
Like for example....?
I don't remember the last time Disney ever "did what people want." Disney does what makes it money. Period. Regardless of the wishes of the people.
Sure they do. They are gonna put stuff there. Ask them what, and they'll tell you, "We're gonna put stuff there."
Like Bob Dole's economic plan. Journalists asked him to explain his plan and he responded, "I have a plan. It's a good plan."
:rolleyes:

jt04

Of course they say they have a plan. They would look even more stupid than they already do if they admitted otherwise.

As for New Fantasyland, we know what that will look like in four years. We have no idea what Pleasure Island will look like in that time. Why hasn't Disney released what their plans are? I maintain that if they actually had any plans, we would have seen bulldozers rolling just as soon as the clubs closed. Do you really think they intentionally wanted these places to sit empty for years?

Yes, it's obvious the repurposing of PI is being budgeted over several years. Seems to me it IS part of the plan. For example, we know the BAH is going as planned. The only variable is when a budget will be approved to do it.

DisneyParksFan1

Like for example....?
I don't remember the last time Disney ever "did what people want." Disney does what makes it money. Period. Regardless of the wishes of the people.

While I do agree with you, it didn't always do that. Back then when they did quality things for the guests. It was all about the guests. Now, they just want to satisfy the tourist whom is too misinformed to know Disney's true potential.

As for PI, I agree completely, if they were to have some sort of "plan" they would have already released them in some form.

WDW Vacationer

You know what would look even MORE stupid.

Saying the things in the plan will be done in 2012 and not doing anything. Which is why you can bet this will get done.

jt04

While I do agree with you, it didn't always do that. Back then when they did quality things for the guests. It was all about the guests. Now, they just want to satisfy the tourist whom is too misinformed to know Disney's true potential.

As for PI, I agree completely, if they were to have some sort of "plan" they would have already released them in some form.

Wrong. The FL plans existed for a long time before being announced for instance.

EPCOT Explorer

Agreed in full. They've dumbed down for the people that need and want that.

Saying the things in the plan will be done in 2012 and not doing anything. Which is why you can bet this will get done.
Well, let's see if it's a good plan then, first...:lol:

Sor far...I see nothing.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
People want to attack the plan no matter what it is in a desperate attempt (at the last minute) to save PI. That is another reason Disney has been wise to keep the plans secret.
JT even you would have to admit that closing all of PI before having something to replace it was a bad decision. PI was not some 3 store strip mall in the middle of nowhere it was smack dab in the middle of a huge shopping and entertainment district in the most popular vacation destination of the world.

SirGoofy

Yea, just like all those WS pavilions that were announced back in the day.

Just like how they announced Test Track would open in 1997.

Just like that big display they had on Main Street for Western River.

You're right, Disney never fails to miss those deadlines!

*Fades back into the shadows.*

:lookaroun

WDW Vacationer

Like for example....?

Sure they do. They are gonna put stuff there. Ask them what, and they'll tell you, "We're gonna put stuff there."
Like Bob Dole's economic plan. Journalists asked him to explain his plan and he responded, "I have a plan. It's a good plan."
:rolleyes:

"I wish our FL was better"got us the expansion

People saying SSE was old and stale got us a new SSE

Oh! I have a great one!

"Why isn't Disney doing anything fir EPCOT's 25th?!" got us an event,gallery and merchandise for the 25th.

EPCOT Explorer

Yea, just like all those WS pavilions that were announced back in the day.

Just like how they announced Test Track would open in 1997.

Just like that big display they had on Main Street for Western River.

You're right, Disney never fails to miss those deadlines!

*Fades back into the shadows.*

:lookaroun

:lookaroun:lol:

Well, hello there.

"The Professor certainly knows how to make a entrance...and a exit"

DisneyParksFan1

Wrong. The FL plans existed for a long time before being announced for instance.

What's wrong?:confused:

EDIT: The reason they ever even did the 25th for EPCOT was because the fans held the guns they had, if Disney had gotten their way there would have been no 25th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom