Changes at DTD

hardcard

from what I've gathered, apparently Disney has leased rights to the property locations (finally?)....

The nail is in the coffin for these structures now...

Goodbye to the last 'shells' of the old clubs.. Including AC...... I guess thats why these private events at AC weren't allowed after sept/october

hardcard

Lets see... Must be about time for another shop to pull out of DTD. So something must be in the works to help "cover" the loss over there.

who has pulled out of DTD lately? Virgin? Um, they closed ALL of thier stores, worldwide....

Thats like blaming you local mall because linens and things closed... good god..

Lee

Adventurer
Two press releases coming soon.
Oh...I can't wait...:rolleyes:

Yoyo....send me the name and contact information of who's idea all this was. Not Iger or his ilk....the pencil pusher who had this brilliant idea.
I feel the need to vent a tremendous amount of abuse on someone.

GothMickey

Oh good. With everyone unhappy with more dining choices, then I shall assume there will be plenty of space for those of us who may want to try new things to eat on property.

AC is gone. Not coming back. True, it didn't have to go, but, guess what??? It did. Time to move on. Sadly, it won't be coming back. Not in DTD anyway.

Hello City Walk....

Magic failure of epic proportions.:fork:
Shame Disney....shame on you...

That's where I went last time I was there...and that's where I'll be going from now on for my After-Parks entertainment...

Taxi from the Disney hotel and back, plus CityWalk admission, still cheaper than what PI was anyway...or close enough...

NMBC1993

Well I'll believe this "grand new plan" when I see it. I still think TDO has no idea what to do with the DTD area. Mostly because they are too cheap to have the imagineers build something amazing like the Adventurers Club. If they've had an idea they would have said something by now. It's been what? 10 months now? So far all the "new additions" I've seen have been a big yawn in my book. Oh well I guess closing PI did gain a lot of money....for the guests.

AndrewRnR

How can everyone here just automatically assume this is the end to DTD or that its going to be horrible when we haven't heard details or seen any plans?

Call me crazy but it seems like many are just so upset about the AC that they assume new changes will suck. Sure the AC may not reopen but that doesn't mean anything and everything related to DTD will be crap. No one seemed like DCA and said Disney failed with it blah blah blah then all the new stuff was announced and suddenly Disney is doing a great job with it. Hong Kong Disney opened and a lot of people didn't like it, but now with the new additions it has become quite the "cool" thing for Disney fans. What's not to say Disney will do the same with DTD?

I have a feeling we will all be surprised when things happen and plans are announced - Disney is a business and I'm sure they arn't going to just let PI and its big ugly buildings sit empty for any longer then they have to.

Lee

Adventurer
Sure the AC may not reopen but that doesn't mean anything and everything related to DTD will be crap.
Yes...to me it does.
Remove the AC and everything at DTD is tarnished with the evil and shame of that foolish, ignorant decision.
I'm finished over there.

CaptainMichael

How can everyone here just automatically assume this is the end to DTD or that its going to be horrible when we haven't heard details or seen any plans?

Call me crazy but it seems like many are just so upset about the AC that they assume new changes will suck. Sure the AC may not reopen but that doesn't mean anything and everything related to DTD will be crap. No one seemed like DCA and said Disney failed with it blah blah blah then all the new stuff was announced and suddenly Disney is doing a great job with it. Hong Kong Disney opened and a lot of people didn't like it, but now with the new additions it has become quite the "cool" thing for Disney fans. What's not to say Disney will do the same with DTD?

I have a feeling we will all be surprised when things happen and plans are announced - Disney is a business and I'm sure they arn't going to just let PI and its big ugly buildings sit empty for any longer then they have to.
Are you honestly comparing billion dollar expansions with original attractions to third party restaurants and shopping?

NMBC1993

Disney is a business and I'm sure they arn't going to just let PI and its big ugly buildings sit empty for any longer then they have to.

Tell that to the Wonders of Life building, the 20k lagoon, and the old hunchback theater. I look at it this way. The reason TDO has taken so long to do anything at DTD is because they are trying to rely on 3rd party companies to come in and fill the space of the old PI clubs. They are either too lazy or too cheap to actually spend their own money to put in one of a kind experience. Well I don't want an outback steakhouse or something like that at DTD. I want something I can't experience anywhere else on earth, and a Princess Diana patch job exhibit isn't going to cut it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom