Challenge to ALL!

ajl5102

Ok... so I am a big Disney fan however my girlfriend of 3 years is not. She has never been to any Disney park and does not understand the magic. I want to show her the Disney magic without having to explain it all, but have her EXPERIENCE it w/o me pushing it on her. The challenge is....

Create an itinerary for someone who does not "get" the magic. The itinerary should cover 7 days/6 nights, can include any hotel, park ticket combo, restaurants, etc. The goal of the itinerary should be to convert a complete Disney skeptic into one of us (sounds kinda creepy lol :hammer:)!! Assume flying into Orlando on any day of the week and arriving mid day. Departure date/time can vary.

I have some ideas but won't post them yet... let me see what you all got!

Let the Challenge BEGIN!!

Deadman

Attacking some of the big rides during the morning hours, such as Splash Mountain, Space Mountain etc without the afternoon crowds and the long lines.

Upvote 0

BPForever

7 days is kinda a lot for someone who is not into Disney :brick: But I guess let time work in your favor. Pick a great resort and really take the time to enjoy it. Watch all the big fireworks shows in the parks, a parade or 2, some great meals, all the top rides (is she a fan of thrill rides?)... Good luck! I hope she adopts some of your enthusiasm :ROFLOL: (Wish my hubby would too, but that ain't gonna happen! :zipit:)

Upvote 0

ajl5102

Original Poster
She is 21 and likes trying different restaurants, loves zoos, and pretty much any type of ride.

I was thinking for a first time Disney person, a monorail resort is a must. GF is a little pricey for me (only a college kid lol), Contemp (stayed there before) so the Poly would be a good one to try.

Day 1: Arrive at Poly mid afternoon. Check in, lay out by pool, then have dinner at a restaurant at Poly or at a hotel on the monorail route.

Day 2: Animal Kingdom. She really enjoys zoos so I think that AK will be a good way to let her contrast how Disney is different (and better) than any park she has been to before. Since AK closes early, we can head over to MGM at night ride TOT and RnRc. Possibly stop for dinner at the Brown Derby. Then (ideally) catch a fantastmic.

Day 3: Full day at Epcot. Take a good, slow stroll through WS. Dinner at Mexico. Illuminations at night.

Day 4: By this time in the trip (hopefully) she is starting to get the idea of what Disney is all about so I can hit her with the big one.... Magic Kingdom. I was afraid to pull out the big guns the first day because I think to really enjoy MK you have to understand what it is all about. We can try the Crystal Palace for breakfast/brunch, get some fast passes for whatever is available, and take time to enjoy an afternoon parade. Dinner at Comtemp at the resturant on the top floor (forget the name sorry)

Day 5-7: By this time we should know what we both like best so we can have time to go back and do things, check out Universal for a day, maybe Seaworld, and a water park.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

I would just add on your first night watching the electric water pageant and Wishes from the beach at the Poly. It's not every place you go that you can get a fireworks show every night of the week.

Upvote 0

luvlifeinfl

She is 21 and likes trying different restaurants, loves zoos, and pretty much any type of ride.

I was thinking for a first time Disney person, a monorail resort is a must. GF is a little pricey for me (only a college kid lol), Contemp (stayed there before) so the Poly would be a good one to try.

Day 1: Arrive at Poly mid afternoon. Check in, lay out by pool, then have dinner at a restaurant at Poly or at a hotel on the monorail route.

Day 2: Animal Kingdom. She really enjoys zoos so I think that AK will be a good way to let her contrast how Disney is different (and better) than any park she has been to before. Since AK closes early, we can head over to MGM at night ride TOT and RnRc. Possibly stop for dinner at the Brown Derby. Then (ideally) catch a fantastmic.

Day 3: Full day at Epcot. Take a good, slow stroll through WS. Dinner at Mexico. Illuminations at night.

Day 4: By this time in the trip (hopefully) she is starting to get the idea of what Disney is all about so I can hit her with the big one.... Magic Kingdom. I was afraid to pull out the big guns the first day because I think to really enjoy MK you have to understand what it is all about. We can try the Crystal Palace for breakfast/brunch, get some fast passes for whatever is available, and take time to enjoy an afternoon parade. Dinner at Comtemp at the resturant on the top floor (forget the name sorry)

Day 5-7: By this time we should know what we both like best so we can have time to go back and do things, check out Universal for a day, maybe Seaworld, and a water park.

I like the plan! Since you said she likes animals & zoo's and taking her to the AK right off is showing her that Disney does have something that she will like.

Then you are giving your self time at the end of your trip to see what you 2 enjoy the most and would like to do it again before you leave.

For her I really hope that the magic converts her to one of us!!

Upvote 0

corey154

She sounds lucky to me, I think you planned it perfectly. I'd try to go in the fall or winter, otherwise she won't love it so much no matter what you do (it's hot and lines are long). Boardwalk has some dance clubs and a piano bar she might like. When you take her to MK tell her it's a day to revert back to childhood and try to take the day in from a child's point of view, it makes everything better then!

Also if you have a vehicle and can drive, take her to Universal Studio's City Walk, it's an area of night clubs and dining, just like pleasure island used to be. It's alot of fun. After 6 you dont have to pay for parking. margaritaville is there and also Emeril has a place to eat (get a reservation), and the Blue Man group show is good too.

Upvote 0

LeeSeeBabe

A monorail resort is great for someone who needs to feel the Disney magic... However, since they are all Deluxe resorts, maybe think about AKL since she loves animals so much!

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

try for SEPT for the free dinning offer. I am also not that well to do and can use all the savings I can get. And if Fantasmic! can't convert her than I don't know what can.

Upvote 0

DisGal

I took my then boyfriend and Disney skeptic last Spetember. We stayed at the Poly and after lounging by the pool and walking the beach all afternoon our first night consisted of dinner at the California Grill where we watched Wishes and then went and strolled the Boardwalk. He was hooked on our first night - before we even entered a park.

He is now my finance and it was his idea to get married at the Poly this Nov.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

Monsterfan99

If she is into rides, might want to try out DHS first park wise. As a way to slowly move into the magic. They have non-disney related things (TOT, American Idol, ect) as well as fun Disney shows.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom