Celebrities at Disney....

MickeyCrazed

I walked right past Whoopi Goldberg on Main Street in December.

During the same vacation, Eddie George (former running back for the Titans) sat at a table near us at Yachtsmans Steakhouse He seemed like a nice guy, taking time to speak with some fans several times during his meal.

A couple of years ago we were waiting for our table at 1900 Park Fare to be ready for dinner and the kid that won American Idol that year walked by with a CM. I have no idea what his name is at this point. Normally I wouldn't have noticed since I don't watch the show but I had seen him on one of the morning talk show a few days before.

We were at DisneyQuest about 10 years ago waiting to go on the Alien ride and Michael Jackson and his ontourage came off. My daughter also seen him later on down in the snack area, he walked right by her.

BiggerTigger

I had Jason Alexander on my boat when I was a tour guide on one of the attractions. It was during the popularity of Seinfeld and he was not very recognizable, he had grown out a beard, but his entourage made people look.
I saw Penn Jillette outside of Crystal Restaurant. He was there with his family for breakfast. I never said anything to my family as my brother is a huge fan, but most of the time celebrities want to just relax and enjoy themselves life everyone else.

Saintsfan75

I saw Rosie O'Donnell and her (then) partner Kelly Carpenter in DHS about three years ago. They were exiting The Great Movie Ride.

I also ran into Jeremy Shockey (NFL tight end) at baggage claim at MCO the following year. Unfortunately, he was incredibly obnoxious.

You should have yelled "Who Dat" at him and I'm sure he would have waved.

rct247

While there are some celebrities that can be down to earth, humble, and very nice if you do get that rare rare chance of "meeting" them at Disney World, if you were to ask them, all of them would probably express their desires to spend their vacation as a vacation meaning with family and friends, not with constant interruptions, people gawking, and people following them around everywhere. Most try to hide or blend in with the public. Snookie came to Disney World and she didn't have her signature hair. Many wear hats and sunglasses or surround themselves with lots of other random people.

I've personally seen Nick Cannon, Ryan Seacrest, Lee Dewyze, Kris Allen Mariah Carey, Penn (from Penn & Teller), Yanni, Snookie, Whoopi Goldberg, George Lucas, Joey Fatone, and just last week John Stamos. Terry Crews from Everyone Hates Chris was here last week too, but I didn't see him. I've also heard of visits from Tom Hanks, Jennifer Hudson, Miley Cyrus, the Jones Brothers, Rubben Studdard, Tiger Woods, and many more.

While sure it is exciting, you have to always remember they are people just like you an me but with a different career and lifestyle. Celebrities come to Disney all the time because of the brand and fun, but also because the way Disney treats them.

Disney_Belle

My very first trip (1988) I was 4 years old and we were in line for IASW and Rick Shroder from Silver Spoons was in front of us.

Also saw David Bromstad (HGTV) in November 2009 walking through Tomorrowland filming for the Disney holiday special that aired on HGTV last year.

While it wasn't in WDW, I do have a Steven Tyler story. My parents own a towing business. For a while we were leasing 2 of our trucks and drivers out to a container business that delivered to most of the eastern part of Mass. One of our driver's got to deliver to Steven Tyler. He spent about 2 hours at his house talking about the beautiful woodwork and craftsmanship of his home. Walt (our driver) said if it wasn't for the one hallway with awards and plaques, and his "style", he would have never known he was famous because he was so down to earth and nice. I was so jealous when he came back with a carbon copy of the slip for us to file lol.

WDWJedi

LOL...you aren't going to see an announcement...they keep it as secret as they can because it causes all sorts of problems to begin with! It's a PAIN IN THE BUTT!!!

DisneyJoe

On the January 23-26 Dream Preview Cruise, I saw

- Debbie Ryan from Suite Life on Deck
- Frankie Jonas and his parents
- Chelsea Kane Staub
This group ate at a table not far from us on our first night onboard.

Others reported seeing Steve Harvey and Joe Jonas.

Jodi Benson (voice of Ariel and others) was a surprise guest at our conference.

I know a few people had their photo taken with Debbie Ryan.

WDWJedi

I know a few people had their photo taken with Debbie Ryan

And there in lies the problem. Disney really tries to allow ALL guests the same experience when visiting the parks. NOW..that being said if your a movie star it makes it VERY difficult. They do try though..and when people start asking for photos, autographs, etc..it starts to detract from the experience THEY are trying to have at the park, or cruise. I have seen some stars stop and be cool about it...but others not only have their own experience ruined...they ruin OTHER guests experience by being REAR ENDS...

DisneyJoe

And there in lies the problem. Disney really tries to allow ALL guests the same experience when visiting the parks. NOW..that being said if your a movie star it makes it VERY difficult. They do try though..and when people start asking for photos, autographs, etc..it starts to detract from the experience THEY are trying to have at the park, or cruise. I have seen some stars stop and be cool about it...but others not only have their own experience ruined...they ruin OTHER guests experience by being REAR ENDS...

Actually Debbie's mom was with her almost all of the time, and kept everything under very tight control. I believe the few that did get photos happened to be in a shop at the same time with them.

I was very proud of all of the guests onboard that I saw, I saw extremely few (1!) even attempting to interact with the celebs, while in the dining room and even on the very crowded deck for the Pirate's deck party and fireworks.

Disneygal1

I have seen Kyle Massy from "That's So Raven" and "Cory in the House", I have a picture, but I'm too lazy to post it. He was filming a Disney 365 segment, so all the cameras and such attracted a lot of attention. A cast member also told me that Vanilla Ice likes to camp at Fort Wilderness. Like some others on this thread, I would never try to say hello to a celebrity if I saw one. It may seem that a lot of celebrities are nice, but I have heard so many stories about them being mean or just not in the mood. But I don't blame them, they just want to enjoy their vacation in peace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom