Caught Stormstruck today!

Shiloh

Well, since I experienced hurricanes Jean, Charley and the other one firsthand whose name escapes me at the moment, i guess i dont really need to see a simulation of one :) I KNOW what happens during a hurricane since i experienced three within 5 weeks. And dont really want said experience ever again!

socalkdg

Well, since I experienced hurricanes Jean, Charley and the other one firsthand whose name escapes me at the moment, i guess i dont really need to see a simulation of one :) I KNOW what happens during a hurricane since i experienced three within 5 weeks. And dont really want said experience ever again!
Supposedly it does give many good tips on making your house safer in a storm.

Full review is here:

http://miceage.micechat.com/kevinyee/ky081208a.htm

Looks like a nice addition to Epcot.

socalkdg

Tell that to everyone in Florida that I know whose policies were dropped(Ummmm, dozens doesn't equal 1% in a general sampling!)...

State Farm is a scam, plain and simple... They are all about making money off of peoples misfortunes, just like every other insurance company. Otherwise, Citizens wouldn't be picking up so many new policies...

You have absolutely no right to comment, especially as someone who is biased because you work for a scumbag company who drops policies like hot potatoes, and doesn't live in the affected areas. And, I have not met ONE happy State Farm customer in South or Central Florida... NOT ONE!! And 99% of happy policy owners?? Where??? Please, enlighten us!

Please explain this one:

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/07/20/Business/Insurer_to_drop_50_00.shtml
Based on that article they will be dropping 50,000 of the 1,000,000 policy holders in Florida, so its at 5%, which is higher than the 1% mentioned.

Would you insure a driver that totals his car every year for the past 5 years?

If you live on a golf course and have a 20 window house, I'd expect some broken windows that I would have to pay for, not somebody else.

Insurance is for one of those once in a lifetime occurances, not something that happens every few years.

I don't have State Farm insurance (Use USAA) but its good for you and them to have an exhibit that shows you ways to improve the safety of your home.

HinunterZuNich

If you all have read the Kevin Yee article, I do agree with a majority of the points he brought up. I did enjoy myself, but like he said certain questions asked were sort of leading to one choice most of the time.

In the beginning when all the craziness is happening, I was somewhat confused as a lot of water was being sprayed in my face LOL. But as it proceeded, I began to enjoy the exhibit.

Everyone should give it a try, it is ultimately only a smaller attraction/show but has many great aspects to it!

DisneyMusician2

Stormstruck should be embraced by all of the hardcore EPCOT Center fans, as I am. It is a great mix of fun and the "edutainment" as someone mentioned above.

The idea certainly has merit, and I did not expect a Twister-style experience. I'm glad it's not one, as I was not terribly impressed by the Twisted experience at US.

Oriolesmagic

I know. I can't believe THAT replaced Ghostbusters! :brick:
But that's another rant for another thread

I don't remember that. What was it like? I personally thought stormstruck was a good attraction, that really carries the spirit of innoventions. I picked tape because I kinda figured it wouldn't hurt anything!

jeffb

Stormstruck should be embraced by all of the hardcore EPCOT Center fans, as I am. It is a great mix of fun and the "edutainment" as someone mentioned above.

I completely agree - I participated a few weeks ago. We weren't sure what to expect and were pleased. The storm effects while not intense are very well done and the quiz section was a nice nod to the Future Choice Theater.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom