Castaway Cay plans?

Disneyfalcon

Well the beach is the main attraction, but there's a lot of other things to do! Excursions include fishing, parasailing, jet skis, snorkeling, swimming with Sting Rays, bike rides, etc.

You can also eat! :)

harveyt0206

We are taking our first cruise next week and we are considering renting bikes and just riding around the island. We also considered doing the jet ski rental but that may be a bit too pricey for us this time around. I know they also have parasailing which several people have said is a lot of fun.

sweetpee_1993

I can honestly say before I went to CC I was NOT a beach girl. That said, I've been to CC twice and I think I might be finding my inner beach girl. Really. It's such an amazing place. Words don't describe it. Utopia? Paradise? Nah, just not good enough. It's just awesome.

In my 2 visits to CC I've run a 5k, snorkeled a little, and parasailed. When the hubby & I get there for our 3rd visit later this month we're planning to snorkel some more, spend time walking the beach, ride some bikes, float in the water, play at Pelican Plunge, nap in our hammock, and enjoy the awesome-factor of a rented private cabana on the adult beach. I. Can't. WAIT!

ChuckElias

We are taking our first cruise next week and we are considering renting bikes and just riding around the island. We also considered doing the jet ski rental but that may be a bit too pricey for us this time around.
The bikes are $6/hr but you can bike the 3-mile loop pretty easily in that time. Last time I was there, the jet ski was something like $95/hr for one rider or $120/hr for two riders. Those are not exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure they're close. And the jet ski was FUN! :) (My daughter came with me and called it "the most fun terrifying thing" she'd ever done.)

I am NOT a beach person. I hate sitting on the beach for more than 15 minutes. But I looooooooove Castaway Cay. I like snorkeling and seeing the special Disney surprises in the lagoon. I like going to Serenity Bay and walking out a half-mile from the beach. I like the food at the adult beach, b/c you can get a steak (which you can't do at Cookies by the family beach). I really like biking around the island and stopping at the spot where I spread my dad's ashes.

There's really plenty of fun things to do, and they did a great job of expanding the facilities so that it still doesn't feel crowded.

iloverags2

Our favorite thing to do at CC is ride bikes! Great way to exercise and see different parts of the island. Since we are kidless adults, we prefer to pick the bikes up near the family beach and ride out to Serenity Bay. You can then return the bikes to the SB location rather than riding them back.

An "inexpensive" (relative term to cruise excursions) excursion that we love is the Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure. Love getting up close to those beautiful creatures!

harveyt0206

The bikes are $6/hr but you can bike the 3-mile loop pretty easily in that time. Last time I was there, the jet ski was something like $95/hr for one rider or $120/hr for two riders. Those are not exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure they're close. And the jet ski was FUN! :) (My daughter came with me and called it "the most fun terrifying thing" she'd ever done.)

I am NOT a beach person. I hate sitting on the beach for more than 15 minutes. But I looooooooove Castaway Cay. I like snorkeling and seeing the special Disney surprises in the lagoon. I like going to Serenity Bay and walking out a half-mile from the beach. I like the food at the adult beach, b/c you can get a steak (which you can't do at Cookies by the family beach). I really like biking around the island and stopping at the spot where I spread my dad's ashes.

There's really plenty of fun things to do, and they did a great job of expanding the facilities so that it still doesn't feel crowded.

I actually think I am totally going to be a beach person. :). If it wasn't for my super fair, Norwegian skin I believe I would hang out in a beach chair with a tropical beverage right up until last call. I have been dreaming of my day at Castaway Cay for months. Bring on the beach, sand and ocean.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I can honestly say before I went to CC I was NOT a beach girl. That said, I've been to CC twice and I think I might be finding my inner beach girl. Really. It's such an amazing place. Words don't describe it. Utopia? Paradise? Nah, just not good enough. It's just awesome.

In my 2 visits to CC I've run a 5k, snorkeled a little, and parasailed. When the hubby & I get there for our 3rd visit later this month we're planning to snorkel some more, spend time walking the beach, ride some bikes, float in the water, play at Pelican Plunge, nap in our hammock, and enjoy the awesome-factor of a rented private cabana on the adult beach. I. Can't. WAIT!

Making me line for CC big times:(

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Thanks to all of you. I've been sure I'd have a great time at Castaway, but I've had a hard time figuring out what there is to do there besides the beach and a few water slides.

sweetpee_1993

I swear it sounds so mundane just going to the beach but it's Disney-amazing at every turn. Even if you do nothing you'll be perfectly happy wandering around marveling at the details. It's hard to explain.

wiigirl

I swear it sounds so mundane just going to the beach but it's Disney-amazing at every turn. Even if you do nothing you'll be perfectly happy wandering around marveling at the details. It's hard to explain.

Agreed....just something you need to experience..
75.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom