Cast Member surprised by son's return from Iraq

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Greetings all from the geeklabs....

This isnt really any rumors or insider park news. But I felt it was important enough to be called NEWS.

With the current US/IRAQ sitituation (mind you everyone has an opinion of what should be done) Some good news finally for a change

Disney's Animal Kingdom Resort Area Cast Members recently partnered to make a magical reunion for Housekeeping Cast Member Cassie Lee Davis and her son Cortez Watson on the day he returned from the war in Iraq.

Cast Members waited secretly with Cortez in the Disney's All-Star Resort Cast Services Building, anticipating the surprise reunion.

Cast Members told Cassie that a Guest had dropped off a special present for her, and that she needed to pick it up in the Cast Services Building immediately. When she entered the room filled with Cast Members, Consuelo Gomez, Executive Housekeeper for Disney's All-Star Sports Resort, announced, "Everyday is a magical day at Walt Disney World, but today is an extra special magical day for Cassie Lee Davis."

Cortez, still in uniform and carrying a bouquet of flowers for his mother, entered the room and created a very special moment, not only for his mother, but also for all of the Cast Members who were able to help make the magical reunion a reality.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Welcome home and Thank you for all you and all the rest have done and continue to do
1080AllStarReunionHug0521.jpg

Shaman

Originally posted by orlpassholder
Greetings all from the geeklabs....

This isnt really any rumors or insider park news. But I felt it was important enough to be called NEWS.

With the current US/IRAQ sitituation (mind you everyone has an opinion of what should be done) Some good news finally for a change

Disney's Animal Kingdom Resort Area Cast Members recently partnered to make a magical reunion for Housekeeping Cast Member Cassie Lee Davis and her son Cortez Watson on the day he returned from the war in Iraq.

Cast Members waited secretly with Cortez in the Disney's All-Star Resort Cast Services Building, anticipating the surprise reunion.

Cast Members told Cassie that a Guest had dropped off a special present for her, and that she needed to pick it up in the Cast Services Building immediately. When she entered the room filled with Cast Members, Consuelo Gomez, Executive Housekeeper for Disney's All-Star Sports Resort, announced, "Everyday is a magical day at Walt Disney World, but today is an extra special magical day for Cassie Lee Davis."

Cortez, still in uniform and carrying a bouquet of flowers for his mother, entered the room and created a very special moment, not only for his mother, but also for all of the Cast Members who were able to help make the magical reunion a reality.

So many families have been affected by the current situation of the world...its nice to see some happiness being brought back to one family's life. This kinda puts things in perspective for me...the picture is worth a thousand words, as I'm sure, no words could express a mother's realization that her son is safe from harm and in her arms again....

Thanks for posting this orlpassholder!!

:wave:

WDWFREAK53

Aww...great news...and yes...great to see you post this in News and Rumors...because this is News...and it deals with WDW.

Look at how tight she's hugging him...it's awesome.

Bliff

Yay!

With the current US/IRAQ sitituation (mind you everyone has an opinion of what should be done)

How true... but this is something I think we can all agree is

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

tigsmom

:sohappy:

Theres nothing like a mom's love for her kids.
Thanks for posting (and to all the CMs who made some "magic" for one of their own).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom