Cash or travelers checks?

ErickainPA

You can put the cash on your room key so that you know exactly how much you want to spend and not having to carry extra things with you. Since all restaurants, gift shops and kiosks around the world take your room key.

Just a suggestion for you.

Raven66

We have done all three (included is the room key) and I have to say the room key is easiest. The travelers checks were just to much of a hinderence. We also did our debit card which works good unless you lose a receipt which with my luck was always a huge one. So last trip we did the key card and it was great. But we also each carried a couple of twenties on us just in case.

mickeysshoes

Tracelers checks are a great idea but a pain...have to have a pen and have to have space to sign....cash is the way to go. Carry very little on you and rest locked in safe in the room or as stated above put the cash on your room key and use that. That is all we use...and i pay down on it a couple time during the week. Have fun!!!

WDW 3

We use plastic. First trip we brought cash and barely used any. Credit cards are pretty easy, sometimes too easy:)
SoG doesn't have a key option.

nolatron

Room key.

Charge everything to the room, pay it off with my Disney Visa to earn some points, and then pay off the Visa with cash when I get home.

dreamfinder

If you are at a resort that has the ability to room charge, then I recommend that method. Easier than having to carry around cash or travelers checks. You still get to see every purchase made on the card, and can pay it off as you go if you want.

Do you have a reason to not use credit? Even if you cannot do room charge, most places onsite take plastic. If you do have a reason not to use credit, then do you have to pay a fee to get your travelers checks? That alone may be enough reason not to use them. You should be able to cash them on property, you may need to go to guest services or the resort desk to get it cashed. Either would work, but I would leave most of it in you room safe.

Tiggerfanatic

Cash, definitely (or room key.) The last time I used traveler's checks was 3 years ago, and a few CM's didn't know how to cash them. Then I felt bad for holding up the line.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You can get your travelers checks as a debit card. I've gotten one through my AAA office and it works great, just load it up with cash and it is accepted everywhere just like a credit card. I would also take a litle cash and and credit card, just in case.

Tooning

I Usually Do 3- Cash for small stuff, travelers cheques for gifts and souveniers with the budget we made and Credit Card for everything else and just payoff the credit card when we get back with the cash we saved up. Then we get the points from the credit card.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom