Cash or travelers checks?

NewDisneyMeg

Cash on Room Key???

Ok, maybe a stupid question but I haven't stayed at a Disney Resort since 1972 so forgive me! When you say put cash on your room key what do you mean? We can give cash to the front desk at check in??? Thanks in advance everyone!!!:)

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Ok, maybe a stupid question but I haven't stayed at a Disney Resort since 1972 so forgive me! When you say put cash on your room key what do you mean? We can give cash to the front desk at check in??? Thanks in advance everyone!!!:)
Depending on how you book your package, for the most part, your room key can be just about everything. You can link a credit card (and I guess cash, though I've never used this) to your room key and use it to charge things. Your park tickets are also linked, unless you bought them separately. Even your dining plan is linked in to your room key ("key to the world"). They try to make it so you could leave everything behind and just bring the one little plastic card key with you and be ok.

ErickainPA

When you are checking in, you just tell them that you want to put cash on your room key in for your purchases. You can usually do that instead of a credit card.

Pluto'sGrl

We have always gotten Traveler's Checks in the past. Then for the last trip we decided to avoid the hassle and use a debit/credit card. We just notified our bank ahead of time that we were going on vacation from this date to that date, so they wouldn't think it was suspicious activity and deny any purchases. It saved us a trip to the bank and made cashing out much quicker. If the card gets stolen or lost, you can call your bank and rectify the situation fairly easily - if you realize the card is gone quickly.

Plus, with a debit card, you only spend what you have in your account!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom