News Cars-Themed Expansion at Magic Kingdom

DCLcruiser

I get the vague sense it’ll be a 7DMT type headliner (though probably a coaster), a C-ticket masquerading as a D, a TSR, a QSR, a snack bar or two, another attempt at a Butterbeer knockoff that’ll be as well received as blue milk, and a bunch of stores that feel like Hot Topic tie ins.
I hope the coaster has scenes throughout the ride showing different villain's lairs...not just at the very end like 7DMT.

lazyboy97o

I mean, you would hope so. But honestly, do you think that's actually likely? Or is it more likely that they'd fill in the RoA and use that land instead? I think the latter is far more likely.
The big knock against using this space is the massive water management changes that would have to be made. You have to make up for all of the capacity of the Rivers of America somewhere else. The whole surrounding area would have to be redesigned to drain and move storm water somewhere else. It’s a lot of expense that will hopefully deter such rampant destruction.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Yep.

My only nagging concern is Villains scale, but that's based more on past performance than current information.
It's been my concern from go. I still think MK was a mistake for a Villains-land much for that reason. Scale and scope. TWO attractions, one of which appearing to be a coaster based on early concept art has me questioning if the "land" is even sustainable or serviceable for what will no doubt see massive crowds. Even the busting at the seams, landlocked Toy Story land has more to do. Plus, "Villains" just deserves more. Guess we'll see.

I took it as a knee jerk reaction. There had to be better options for a Villains land. And yes I am already discounting it. Why? Josh was vague. Does Disney even know what they're doing here yet? It's a commit, an announcement but still feels early days Bluesky to me .

The Chatbox Ghost

Rallying through a muddy mountain road looks cool. I am so glad it’s not a copy/paste.

Hopefully the little racers ride is a family tour, not Luigi’s spinning tires.
It would be cool if both attractions were woven together, with the kids one being a slow and scenic ride through the wilderness while the thrill one is a high speed race through muddy trails. Kinda like how Mine Train and Pack Mules used to be weaved together.

Mike S

I don’t have faith they’d do this at all, but imagine if this expansion was still over the RoA and the river itself isn’t touched. Imagine the lower half of Tom Sawyer still exists but then the river travels through the new Cars ride and there’s even a tunnel it goes through in the new mountain.

DCLcruiser

Did they mention what the 2nd attraction in this land is?
No. This is what we have:

"But what about smaller racers? The second attraction will be geared towards them and will be fun for the whole family."

The Chatbox Ghost

I’m really not a fan of this at all, but hopefully they manage to make it fit without destroying the beauty of current Frontierland.

Best case scenario:
Cars is Beyond Big Thunder, possibly shortening the Rivers of America a little but staying back so there’s still a natural progressing from Colonial America to (now) the Pacific Northwest. Trees and terrain block views of modern cars from Liberty Square and OG Frontierland. Liberty Belle is either running in a smaller loop or docked by Tiana’s and made a snack stand

Middle case scenario:
Cars isn’t Beyond Big Thunder, but they don’t remove all of the RoA- perhaps just making it a loop with the main island and using the rest for Cars. Maybe they axe Tom Swayers Island and use it for the ride, but leave the rivers for the nice water feature, having the Liberty Belle docked permanently near Tiana’s and made a snack stand

Worst case scenario:
Rivers are filled with concrete and Cars takes up its entire footprint, having modern race cars within sight of Liberty Square and OG Frontierland. Frontierland itself now feels cramped and small thanks to the lack of the water view.

I still would’ve much preferred Coco in place of Cars but oh well. Can’t stop this from happening

Brian

I don’t have faith they’d do this at all, but imagine if this expansion was still over the RoA and the river itself isn’t touched. Imagine the lower half of Tom Sawyer still exists but then the river travels through the new Cars ride and there’s even a tunnel it goes through in the new mountain.
There are ways to keep (most of) the river, and even the Liberty Belle, if they want to.

Last edited:

bwr827

People were complaining for months that they would clone Radiator Springs and Racers.

Awesome that they instead announced a brand new attraction that’s thematically designed to blend into the frontier.

Early complaints of “Ugh no villains and just Cars!” quickly turned to “Ugh vague details of Villains and I doubt it will be good anyway.”

The goal posts of crapping on Disney move faster than Velocicoaster around here.

celluloid

People were complaining for months that they would clone Radiator Springs and Racers.

Awesome that they instead announced a brand new attraction that’s thematically designed to blend into the frontier.

Early complaints of “Ugh no villains and just Cars!” quickly turned to “Ugh vague details of Villains and I doubt it will be good anyway.”

The goal posts of crapping on Disney move faster than Velocicoaster around here.

Maybe if they committed and actually opened one(like Velocicoaster) people could appreciate the attempts or have faith.

The things you post are not mutually exclusive.

I don't want a clone of Radiator Springs Racers or a cars attraction in an American Frontier themed land.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

It’s the likely location of cars land that has been the main issue. For most at least.

Animaniac93-98

The big knock against using this space is the massive water management changes that would have to be made. You have to make up for all of the capacity of the Rivers of America somewhere else. The whole surrounding area would have to be redesigned to drain and move storm water somewhere else. It’s a lot of expense that will hopefully deter such rampant destruction.

Or Disney will plow ahead and only after construction is done realize all of this should have been dealt with first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom