News Cars-Themed Expansion at Magic Kingdom

TheRealSkull

Let's hope the most reason it will not be is because of all the ones saying no clones keep it unique to DCA and yet they are okay with Galaxy's Edge, and TBA being two clones on both coasts. I'm positive they would be ecstatic if they were getting a clone of the same Pandora just because Animal Kindom is unique as a park in itself.
For real. Everyone is already begging for the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster to come to DCA.

TheIceBaron

Wonder if the river gets concreted so they can move guests easier. We know they had been looking at MK crowd levels when making these decisions. Happy for additional capacity and I’m sure they will make it a great ride, just sad to see the river go.

Chef idea Mickey`=

It is very odd and probably very telling they only revealed art that doesn't give any sense of where it's going. If they wanted people to know how it fit into the park, they would have shown some kind of overview of the land more akin to the Blue Sky Beyond Big Thunder art they showed a few years ago rather than the pretty uninspiring art they showed. I suspect they thought revealing that would get an even less enthusiastic/hostile reaction.

They needed to show that this new Cars attraction or Land with it would be very different from the one existing. I'm not sure if we're getting the mountain work from Cars Land now even though the color matched with BTMR perfectly. I do see some other mountain range that has like white snow rooftops...idk.

MagicHappens1971

Good point. I think the tricky part here is that we are seeing a course with a lot of hills and curves, presumably outdoors. This is more than any existing trackless system deals with.
I don’t disagree, but I think it definitely could be done. Disney takes safety very seriously so I don’t have any worries about that, and I feel that if it’s executed well it could be a very cool ride experience.

MerlinTheGoat

Isn’t the trackless ride system pretty close to this anyway? We’re not talking about merging lanes on I-4.
From what I understand, not really no. Existing trackless rides are said to rely on extremely smooth and flat terrain without elevation. You can get a traditional busbar or slotted EMV-like system to work with elevation, but getting trackless system to work with complex slopes and such would be much more troublesome. I would also imagine having such a ride outside where weather and other environmental variables are at play would present further challenges to such a system.

ConfettiCupcake

You would be correct. For some reason, it seems to be a really picky thing with Disney fans. The hypocrisy shows in Disney fans more.

Definitely a vocal minority kind of complaint. I’m guessing the bulk of the casual guests have no idea what’s a clone and what’s not, and have no immediate or future plans to visit other Disney parks, especially those outside the US.

dennis-in-ct

Right, a "reimagined" portion. It must be TSI.

How can people be so blasé about this? If they are destroying ROA, the responses should not be heart and handclap emojis.
I was under the impression that the rivers of America would be truncated similar to CA’s rivers to accommodate Star Wars.
Are you saying that’s not true and the rivers are going away?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From what I understand, not really no. Existing trackless rides are said to rely on extremely smooth and flat terrain without elevation. You can get a traditional busbar or slotted EMV-like system to work with elevation, but getting trackless system to work with complex slopes and such would be much more troublesome. I would also imagine having such a ride outside where weather and other environmental variables are at play would present further challenges to such a system.

Yeah, but there are plenty of autonomous vehicles out there right now that handle conditions like this in much more uncontrolled environments.

Animaniac93-98

I think it is more about it being not "period accurate" to the rest of Frontierland

It's not just the shift in time period from the rest of Frontierland, it's the whole conceit of Cars as a concept.

Cars Land at DCA works because it's a self contained land, its own thing separate from the rest of the park.

Frontierland is about humans, animals and their history, narratives and relation to real world settings. Cars is a universe where everything, even little bugs, are vehicles. There are no humans in Cars and nothing is human scaled. The Country Bears may be talking, anthropomorphic animals, but they don't live in a universe where everything is a bear. The New Orleans of Tiana's Bayou doesn't have living cars, the dinosaur bones on BTMRR are not the skeletons of Cars etc. You could have an off road trip through Nature's Wonderland that carries the established time progression of FL/LS, but because every speck of the parks has to be IP, we're stuck tying this to a Pixar franchise that aesthetically and conceptually doesn't fit the location.

Then there's the simple fact that the vehicles have big cartoon eyes on them, and just look silly next to the rest of Frontierland and Liberty Square.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom