News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

el_super

I never said that. But i don’t see Disneyland raising prices because they still have the steamboat, sailing ship, canoes, and Tom Sawyer island open.

No, but they have also significantly raised prices and retooled the annual passes within the last few years. Building SWGE and relocating swaths of backstage infrastructure did necessitate huge price increases. The kind of huge price increases that would probably have to happen at MK if they kept ROA and TSI and still kept expanding.

If it helps you out a bit though, I won't deny there is probably some degree of historical preservation impacting decisions at Disneyland on whether to remove or retool attractions. It's easy to see that the river stayed at Disneyland because Fantasmic seats some 20,000 people a night.

Disstevefan1

The nostalga brigrade back at it again i see.

Most of them local free loading annual pass holders
You are in luck.

TWDC agrees with you and will rip out all the old stuff and jam in IP every place they can. It will take decades but they do put up very nice looking walls up while they are moving the dirt around,

TWDC agrees with you and hates APs as much as you do.

DarkMetroid567

so why does Disneyland continue to expand and add attractions and yet with fewer guests per year, and paying CM’s much more, the admission cost is actually lower?
Because Disneyland is already very dense and arguably very well-planned. You can’t replace at Disneyland without killing, like, 2 rides or an entire land. Something like Seven Dwarfs would genuinely kill 4 attractions at Disneyland’s Fantasyland. The only real grounds left are Autopia (which is still very popular) and the underutilized Tomorrowland space.

MK, by contrast, has the blessing of size, which means everything is super spread out.

TrainsOfDisney

MK, by contrast, has the blessing of size, which means everything is super spread out.
So blessing of size means - the guests get less. Interesting.

I just don’t understand how Disneyland makes money operating so many attractions and yet MK - which gets more visitors - has to close a simple dark ride and put in a princess photo op to make the budget make sense.

Tonto

You are in luck.

TWDC agrees with you and will rip out all the old stuff and jam in IP every place they can. It will take decades but they do put up very nice looking walls up while they are moving the dirt around,

TWDC agrees with you and hates APs as much as you

So blessing of size means - the guests get less. Interesting.

I just don’t understand how Disneyland makes money operating so many attractions and yet MK - which gets more visitors - has to close a simple dark ride and put in a princess photo op to make the budget make sense.
Simple. There was a large demand for those meet and greets. It was a smart business decision. Girls LOVED it. Not everything is for 40-50 year old males.

Two Ears

The 2 cars attractions replace Tom Sawyer Island and the Liberty Belle. Obviously you can argue riders per hour, popularity, etc. but attraction count doesn’t change.

We also don’t know for a fact that Villains will be adding 2 attractions and replacing nothing.
Yes we do know as villians will be on vacant land.

and i am arguing riders per hour. Thats the point. If an attraction falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it then did it actually fall?

Tonto

Is the Snow White dark ride designed for them!? 😳
A ride for a bygone era.
You and I like those old dark rides. That’s not for Gen z.

Not only did my girls get the meet and greets that they wanted. They got the mine train coaster too. Win win. I mean not for you but almost everyone else.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We also don’t know for a fact that Villains will be adding 2 attractions and replacing nothing.
Yes, we do. Two rides were announced. Villains is "Beyond Big Thunder Mountain" which puts it north of the new Cars Mini-Land.

I guess if the northern loop of RoA isn't saved, it can be said to be 'replacing something else.'

James Alucobond

A ride for a bygone era.
You and I like those old dark rides. That’s not for Gen z.
I’d argue Snow White is one of the few that really does hold up well, and it could hold up even better with a handful of figure, effect, and audio upgrades. I think you have to look at it from the perspective of it being a C-ticket (not totally sure if that’s what it was historically?) and realize the level of detail is kind of crazy relative to what you’d see for a similarly ranked experience at other parks. You’re right that it doesn’t match newer Es and Ds, but it’s not supposed to.

TrainsOfDisney

Yes, we do. Two rides were announced. Villains is "Beyond Big Thunder Mountain" which puts it north of the new Cars Mini-Land.

I guess if the northern loop of RoA isn't saved, it can be said to be 'replacing something else.'
I’m not convinced mansion or small world won’t be sacrificed. I don’t really know what they are thinking anymore haha

Tonto

I’d argue Snow White is one of the few that really does hold up well, and it could hold up even better with a handful of figure, effect, and audio upgrades. I think you have to look at it from the perspective of it being a C-ticket (not totally sure if that’s what it was historically?) and realize the level of detail is kind of crazy relative to what you’d see for a similarly ranked experience at other parks. You’re right that it doesn’t match newer Es and Ds, but it’s not supposed to.
i get it. I love it. Those old dark rides is what got me into Disney as a kid. I use to love the train effect in Mr Toads wild ride.
As a kid, I thought those rides were magical. know what impressed me as a kid doesn’t impress my kids. That was my point and the fact that about 10 yrs ago meet and greets were all the rage. Now??? Probably not so much.

Also could Snow White be considered a B ticket as it relates to the cost to build such an attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom