News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Advisable Joseph

I don't know if this is sarcasm or not. But in case it's serious, "Disney Adult" is NOT a positive thing to call someone. It's an insult. This person is making fun of the people who are upset about the removal of the RoA/TSI/Riverboat, along with the idea that they believe they could convince Disney leadership to change their mind.
I think you knee-jerked.:(

MerlinTheGoat

I think you knee-jerked.:(
The image that was posted with the "Disney Adults" stuff was definitely a troll making fun of people. I don't know of anyone who unironically refers to themselves as a Disney Adult in a positive way, and I can smell the sarcasm dripping off of it.

I would be over the moon if they actually do rethink this and save the RoA/TSI/boat, but I genuinely don't think there's any hope of it. Pro at one point also claimed that there was hope that the Splash/Tiana overhaul would be canceled (or at least that one coast might be spared), but it didn't ultimately happen. Steve (wdwmagic, the admin here) also said the other day that there's no chance of reversing course at this point.

What are all of these other sources reporting this?

Last edited:

Advisable Joseph

Steve (wdwmagic, the admin here) also said the other day that there's no chance of reversing course at this point.
You mean
I keep seeing some comments about how there may be a change of mind, and it wont go forward on TSI and RoA. Just to reiterate, this project is full steam ahead, and nobody is reconsidering.
That was a while ago, and may be the result of confusion: Cars is still coming, but relocated, and the water has to be reworked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Two Ears

The crazy part of this whole thing… if they Just announced a smaller ROA loop and Villains land with small upgrades or replacements for stitch, buzz, speedway and no cars, they would have had a massive positive response. And probably saved money. Increased capacity, Adding cars seems pointless in MK
But that approach only adds two new rides. With cars you have 4 new rides.

gorillaball

The point is that the concrete lining of the RoA is just a concrete surface, not exposed to exotic or unusual conditions, and although it may have some maintenance costs, isn't especially remarkable or costly to maintain. Disney may no longer want to spend the money but I would view any claims based on the condition of the RoA as a reason for this with extreme skepticism.
The image that was posted with the "Disney Adults" stuff was definitely a troll making fun of people. I don't know of anyone who unironically refers to themselves as a Disney Adult in a positive way, and I can smell the sarcasm dripping off of it.

I would be over the moon if they actually do rethink this and save the RoA/TSI/boat, but I genuinely don't think there's any hope of it. Pro at one point also claimed that there was hope that the Splash/Tiana overhaul would be canceled (or at least that one coast might be spared), but it didn't ultimately happen. Steve (wdwmagic, the admin here) also said the other day that there's no chance of reversing course at this point.

What are all of these other sources reporting this?
Disney Adult here, term doesn’t bother me in the least. First trip I was 35, kids now grown and wife and I have AP without them and we live halfway across the country.

MerlinTheGoat

I didn't say being an adult who visits Disney (in this context without children) is a bad thing or warranting an insult. It isn't, i'm one myself and there are tons of others here who are. Adults are the people who make and spend the money on Disney products, whether they have children or not. Walt Disney was also VERY explicit that he didn't want the parks to target children too heavily at the expense of adults. Adults were massively important to him and he felt that it was important to create experiences that appeal to them too (one of many reasons why he filled the Frontierland river with water and a riverboat and not googly eyed cartoon cars).

What i'm saying is that the term "Disney Adult" is used as an insult 99% of the time I see it. Google the term and you'll see in the results what I mean by this. There are actually more specific traits that it's supposed to describe (like the more strange and obsessive behavior among some adult fans regarding going overboard with the dress-up or acting weird and obnoxious in the parks), though it's often just broadly used to mock all adult childless Disney park goers.

If that message is sincere and not sarcastic mockery, i'll be shocked. It's absolutely giving that impression to a strong degree.

Last edited:

Moth

I'd be extremely surprised if they backed off of ROA and Tom Sawyer at this point, more Sawyer than ROA.

I can believe parts of ROA will be kept, but I do not believe Sawyer, even in a hypothetical "plan B" like what's being spun around right now.

If somehow Sawyer survives, it looks like I need to find a way into Archives...

Unless you've recently been told by your "sources" that these claims are not true, I'm not believing you.
I'd be extremely shocked and pleasantly surprised if it survived. I'm an advocate for the continued survival of Sawyer and ROA, I just cannot believe that until I see Cars open and it's still there, that it's surviving. I fully believe Disney has no issues turning that part of the park into a concrete block with some water features that'll break in a year.

This isn't even a "source told me this is fake" type deal, I genuinely think that low of Disney's treatment of WDW that I can fully believe they're gun-ho about scrapping the Riverboat, and draining the ROA and making it a vehicle to sell Lightning McQueen sippers and Mater popcorn buckets.

Last edited:
I'd be extremely surprised if they backed off of ROA and Tom Sawyer at this point, more Sawyer than ROA.

I can believe parts of ROA will be kept, but I do not believe Sawyer, even in a hypothetical "plan B" like what's being spun around right now.

If somehow Sawyer survives, it looks like I need to find a way into Archives...

I'd be extremely shocked and pleasantly surprised if it survived. I'm an advocate for the continued survival of Sawyer and ROA, I just cannot believe that until I see Cars open and it's still there, that it's surviving. I fully believe Disney has no issues during that part of the part into a concrete block with some water features that'll break in a year.

This isn't even a "source told me this is fake" type deal, I genuinely think that low of Disney's treatment of WDW that I can fully believe they're gun-ho about scrapping the Riverboat, and draining the ROA and making it a vehicle to sell Lightning McQueen sippers and Mater popcorn buckets.
If they really hate Mark Twain as much as people say they do, they could easily retheme/rename the Island to something else. They probably wouldn't even have to change anything apart from a few signs, and I can easily see them coming up with a name akin to "Folklore Island". (Shout-out to Park Lore for coming up with that name.) Also, they could easily fit Villains and Cars where the northern island is. They'd just have to scale them back a bit, which is ok with me if it means the survival of the bottom island and the Riverboat. Besides, this makes sense as I believe that Disney loves cutting costs, and they would be adding capacity instead of replacing existing capacity. As for the maintenance area, they could easily leave a sliver of the waterway along BTM, and make that the new maintenance area.
Here’s a map of how it could look:
Red: Walkway
Blue: River
Yellow: Cars
Purple: Villains

Attachments

• B99EF4FA-A683-4D64-9616-B15AC988FB13.jpeg
    B99EF4FA-A683-4D64-9616-B15AC988FB13.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 69

Quietmouse

i find it hard to believe that Disney didn’t think there would be blowback, especially from die hard fans.

I highly doubt they are taking the negative criticism to heart only purely due to the fact, financially and promotionally- merchandise wise - it makes sense to get rid of the boat and the River.

I think best case scenario is they take the negative feedback and figure out how to save a portion of the River and figure out how to dock the boat and utilize it..

Advisable Joseph

What i'm saying is that the term "Disney Adult" is used as an insult
Some people do self-identify like this

And this gentleman was posting to a group called "Disney Nerds." He is likely self-deprecating, not insulting. You have to consider context.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I’m sensing echoes of the Splash Mountain thread all over again. Queue the denial, cancellation conspiracies from supposed “insiders” claiming Disney’s doing an about-face.

…. Or it’s likely (unfortunately in my opinion, but if we’re being realistic) that Disney execs already know this isn’t popular with fans and have factored it in since they buried the announcement until after D23 and most likely their market research shows it will serve to be a long term net revenue gain.

Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

bwr827

Saw this tweet from Drew the Disney Dude. Does the mountain from Piston Peak National Park from the Planes franchise looks very similar to the one in the attraction concept art?

Plus the buildings from the Planes 2 concept art look similar to the attractions' buildings:
View attachment 811152
View attachment 811151

Wait… Drew only just realized this?

JD80

I surprised people don't realize that any sources for "change" is just all echo chamber. People are reporting rumors of rumors of speculation.

C'mon folks stop posting facebook nonsense and all that creepy doxxing of people facebook/linkedin profiles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom