News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

tissandtully

My personal opinion is that we've always had the worst version of Rivers, the Island, and the train. So I personally don't care what they do as long as it's better than what was there before. I'd also add it's not like we're losing River's just for Cars rather we're losing it mainly for Villains and just the bottom part for Cars.

Really hopeful that we finally get new scenes and upgrades for the train, especially when it goes through the Villains area. And I'd ad the DAK river boat as well as the Swan Boats the use to exist for MK we're good ideas for moving guests around but it's the same issue of ride capacity and do you get moved quicker walking it vs taking the boat. That's one reason the train's been so useful because it moves people quicker then walking and the lines are usually not bad. You can't argue that with the DAK boat and it's not like it has the scenery of Peoplemover sadly.
I felt disappointed we didn't get more with the Tron tunnel, I was hoping we'd get something like the dinosaur scenes on DLRR, maybe some cool projections or screens or something.. but nope

Incomudro

We are at DCA this morning and as we are waiting in line for RSR a large group of Imagineers (mostly young adults so assuming college program or the like) are out studying the ride and area.

After seeing Grizzly peak for the first time and seeing what Disney can do with that and Wilderness Lodge and experiencing the Radiator Springs vibe I’m even more excited for what may come to New Frontierland.

They can definitely create the feel of kinetic energy if they can replicate the Grizzly Peak falls.
The Wilderness Lodge was built 30 years ago.
Try looking at the Riviera or Poly Prison for a better idea of Disney's current level of theming.

TrainsOfDisney

The Wilderness Lodge was built 30 years ago.
Try looking at the Riviera or Poly Prison for a better idea of Disney's current level of theming.
True! Everyone keeps pointing to Grizzly Peak - that was designed and built in the 90’s - yes that park as a whole was built cheap but Grizzly Peak was built with “old imagineering” - standards.

When was the last time Disney built something with no sight-line issues like Grizzly Peak? New Fantasyland is decent over all so put that in the ring I guess

October82

True! Everyone keeps pointing to Grizzly Peak - that was designed and built in the 90’s - yes that park as a whole was built cheap but Grizzly Peak was built with “old imagineering” - standards.

When was the last time Disney built something with no sight-line issues like Grizzly Peak? New Fantasyland is decent over all so put that in the ring I guess
Like much of DCA, Grizzly Peak was done as well as could be done on the budget they were given.

What people miss is that it isn’t built like most Disney mountains - much of it is built up “earthworks”, basically a series of retaining walls - with only the “bear” a separate structure.

This was done to fit into the meager budget the park had, but also means that the space basically can’t be used for anything else. Since the concept art here shows the attraction vehicles interacting with the “mountain”, we aren’t getting a very large or elaborately themed structure. That is, unless the budget for the Cars attraction is well in excess of what is reasonable for a D-ticket.

People who draw the comparison between Grizzly Peak and Cars should keep in mind the difference in cost and scale.

wdwgreek

1000007114.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240822-165757.png
    Screenshot_20240822-165757.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 821

Rich Brownn

The majority of the rides in the park will indeed close. I stand by that statement.

Rides that would remain open:

Ministry of Magic
Mario Kart
Monsters Dark Ride
Carousel

Rides that will close:

Starfall Racer
Curse of the Werewolf
Dragon Racer’s Rally
Fyre Drill
Hiccup’s Wing Gliders

Mine Cart Madness
Yoshi’s Adventure

Some of these lands (Mario and Dragons) will be down to one or no rides open at times.

Again speaking strictly of rides. The dragon and Harry Potter show will obviously also remain open.

I’m not saying other parks don’t have similar issues, but Epic will certainly be challenging in the summer. Obviously these new cars rides would fair similarly in the summer.
There's also the two shows which will operate

Rich Brownn

Theme and ambience within rides is the main reason most people go.

if it was just pretty areas with restaurants and characters but no rides then disneyworld would close for business within 3 months.

no one goes to disneyworld to see the tangled toilets as pretty as they are. They go to ride seven dwarfs mine ride. A fairly simple and short ride technically but with some minor thrills and amazing immersion that has most people singing hi ho as they ride through and out the mountian.
And if Fantasyland was just dark rides in boxes in a parking lot, no one would go either. It's the theming and ambience that has always set Disney apart from the run of the mill amusement parks.

Disone

Same here - I’m for any solution that keeps the riverboat.

The lower portion keeps the vibe of Frontierland - and also the riverboat going by Tiana. It also is a smaller portion of property if that’s the concern.
I didn't think about it going by Tiana's... that is a good point. Like you I'd be happy with either portion. I probably still lean towards the northern portion but I'd be happy with either.

JSouth25

The crazy part of this whole thing… if they Just announced a smaller ROA loop and Villains land with small upgrades or replacements for stitch, buzz, speedway and no cars, they would have had a massive positive response. And probably saved money. Increased capacity, Adding cars seems pointless in MK
They shortened the RoA in Disneyland while also plussing up the area with new scenes and making the railroad trip from New Orleans Squade to Toontown one of the prettiest in the park, ALL while adding Galaxy’s Edge behind it, keeping all the river attractions, and creating a nice walkway from Critter Country to Galaxy’s Edge, eliminating the dead end that used to be there. They had the blueprint and didn’t even consider it, I don’t understand why.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom