News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Quietmouse

I mean could they dock it on land and create like a haunted boat next to the entry way of villains land?

I’m just thinking of ways that the boat could be preserved and it seems like there are path ways to at the very least preserving the boat in some type of function.

hopemax

They tried to make DHS, DAK and Epcot MORE like MK to lure people away, but it hasn't worked. MK isn't becoming more like DHS, MK is getting more Disney.
I would argue they identified a reason they believed makes MK the most visited of the parks, but the failure of all the investment to lure people away means they didn’t correctly identify the real reason guests choose it over the others, despite some highly rated attraction additions based on Disney IP.

These plans, IMO, indicate an intent to Hunger Games the MK, which is in full display at DHS. I have ideas on what impact this will have on MK attendance, and I’m sure you and others will disagree.

Gusey

The Riverboat is going away totally, not being docked. There's no place to dock it if they don't have any water.
But from the concept art, there is some water along that edge and trees blocking that area of the park. For all we know, there could be water there too, a water buffer between current Frontierland and the Cars attractions. Also, as we saw with DLP's Lion King attraction featuring the wrong Lion King movie, Concept Art is designed to just give a sense of how the attraction could end up.

hopemax

The MK is a two day park as is. You can experience anything you want in those 2 days, time isnt an issue. Given 2 days most people still do not go visit TSI.
The Disney fan crowd may visit 2 days, but the normies that are skipping the rest of WDW, are buying 1-day tickets, and only visiting one day.

When we first started visiting WDW, Epcot was always stated to be a 2-day park. Hardly anyone ever says that anymore. It changed as prices went up, entertainment was eliminated, and changes that were intended to make it more appealing, didn’t work. The same can happen to MK.

Disney Analyst

No the river was there when I went to the park last Friday. You can't compare some modifications to not being there at all. Cmon man lol. Stop with the silliness

I'd add, I actually think Disneyland's ROA may be at it's best in history, currently, despite the shortening. I really think that redone area to hide Galaxy's Edge, that the rail runs across, is stunning. Cascade Peak who?

The island however is a shell, and pathetic, and sad.

lentesta

Premium Member
To all of the people that are completely OK with this change, I will say this: sooner or later, Disney is going to rip out the attraction/land/area that you think is sacred, that you love, that you think is integral to the parks. Only then will you understand how we feel about this change.

1723658457919.png

Pull up a milk crate and sit a spell, young man.

There are people on this thread who have park ponchos older than you.

Half of them have said "I'm still upset about If You Had Wings" to their therapist.

The "Bring Back World of Motion" club meets on Tuesdays at 8. Bring a covered dish.

Raineman

View attachment 809336

Pull up a milk crate and sit a spell, young man.

There are people on this thread who have park ponchos older than you.

Half of them have said "I'm still upset about If You Had Wings" to their therapist.

The "Bring Back World of Motion" club meets on Tuesdays at 8. Bring a covered dish.
Tbh, I should have clarified my statement-"to anyone here who is younger or newer to WDW that has never lost something they love...". Trust me, I'm still bitter about Horizons and Communicore. I appreciate the young man part, though. I haven't been a young man in about 30 years so I like it. 😄

UNCgolf

I think it's super simple for the general public. "I don't go on TSI, but I would love two Cars rides. I'm in!"

Yeah, I don't even care about removing TSI (although I understand why people do).

My only real issue is the waterfront at Liberty Square and Frontierland; the river is integral to the design of those areas. But they can obviously make changes to the remaining areas to fix that, if they wanted to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom