News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Starship824

In the Parks
No
May be controversial to say on here, but I've asked a few family members about this and we all agree that we just find MK's RoA and TSI boring. It's something we avoid on trips because there isn't much to do, and it's too hot enjoy. There isn't much to actually look at along the river compared to Disneyland's and DLP's, and the Island is mainly just caves. There just isn't enough there to justify keeping it open beyond nostalgia and that was how MK was first built. We've seen from how the various Rivers of Americas equivalent and later Castle Parks have been created to allow major E-tickets to take place on their Rivers: DLP has Big Thunder Mountain in the middle of it, designed from scratch with the idea of having an E-Ticket in the middle. Hong Kong's River in Adventureland contains the Jungle Cruise surrounding their Tarzan's Treehouse. Eventually, they were always going to replace Tom Sawyer Island, and they need to close the Rivers to get guests to the attraction in the middle of the island.
Yes except those resorts still have a water front. Getting rid of the entire river is a horrible idea.

Yellow Strap

This is what I'm hoping for. I know there's no changing the plans, but at the very least, I hope Disney sees the concerns about the waterfront/theming and makes sure to not only keep some water (at the very least so the walkway on the water doesn't feel so cramped) but also make sure to have plenty of waterfalls and new themed areas.
I think they will based on the art. Of course we will have to see when its actually built, but at least the art has a river and waterfalls and geysers

Quietmouse

just remember, this is the horror that Disney is introducing to Frontierland
60cbb499bbae58784b9871936c8588c7

Good news is that can easily be reskinned during refurbishment to whichever car model you want. The car ip will eventually die off, I am honestly surprised it’s still so popular.

To me the biggest thing is how well detailed and themed the land is. The ride itself is a cars based ip attraction, but the concept of trackless racing can be applied to any ip down the line. Heck it could be it’s standalone ip, call it frontier racing..won’t happen, but you get the point.

That’s my biggest takeaway. As long as the land blends in nicely, which it should with mountains, waterfall, small tiny rivers, etc then this being a car ip doesn’t really make too much of a difference.

lazyboy97o

Rise of the Resistance is incredible. The Skyliner is a amazing achievement that is free and fun. Ratatouille and the France expansion is gorgeous and lovely. Cosmic Rewind is one the best rides in Orlando, hand down.

So yes...we have.
Something designed for ascending mountains being built on flat land is an amazing achievement? That says so much.

The Chatbox Ghost

I think they will based on the art. Of course we will have to see when its actually built, but at least the art has a river and waterfalls and geysers
As long as the rivers are long and connected it's fine with me. I do think a Rockies inspired area would be fun. Hopefully they can make sure the wild west street can blend with it well, maybe building some new buildings on the other side? Or just planting area-appropriate trees and installing covered wagons and such. I dunno man. I think I'm in the bargaining stage right now.

Yellow Strap

View attachment 809046
quick google mapping of other thrilling rides:
Big Thunder ~86,000 Sq ft
Mine Train ~85,000 sq ft
Space ~90,000 sq ft
TT ~136,000 sqft
Guardians ~182,000 sqft
Rise ~97,000 sqft
SDD:~130,000 sqft
Dinosaur ~81,000 sqft
Everest: ~145,000 sqft
Thank you to Jack and the DSNY Newscast for this potential layout.

It could be very big. Villains Land could even be bigger. Like massively bigger...
Plus this saves the railroad from shutting down again for a long time.

Screenshot_13-8-2024_11549_www.youtube.com.jpeg

orky8

Do you think that the audience is willing to pay the increased admission prices to pay for attractions they don't intend to use? If the parks keep expanding, and maintenance keeps increasing, so too must the admission price.

This is the whole point of it not being a museum: they are not accepting donations to keep attractions open. They have to sell these attractions to the audience. And in that respect the ROA has been voted off the island.

I'm not going to take as fact the things you seem to think as fact. Disneyland has more than double the number of attractions as Magic Kingdom, yet lower attendance and same or lower ticket price, so your premise that they can't add more attractions without adding to the ticket price is simply false. And, I think the corporate line that the parks aren't a museum is equally misguided. I'm not saying to keep it because it is historically important -- I'm saying to keep it because it is actually important, just not in the ways the current management records importance on spreadsheets because they don't actually understand what makes a theme park work anymore. (Indeed, I'm all for muppets replacing HoP, just to show you I'm not a hardcore don't touch anything person).

No one, or at least very very few people, go to MK for TSI or the riverboat. But that's not the point. I don't go for the people mover or the railroad, either. But it adds to the ambience and it adds options. MK has loads of space to expand on without replacing current attractions and ambience. RSR, as a clone even, would have popped down nicely actually beyond big thunder mountain, and I'm worried this is going to be an inferior version, but that's another topic.

Jon81uk

3) I'm shocked that ROA, TSI and the Liberty Belle are that popular on here. It's always seemed like a huge waste of space to me. I think I went to TSI once in the 80s, never rode the keelboats, finally rode the Liberty Belle on the most recent trip and don't really need to do again. It seems like an obvious place to me to reclaim land for more popular attractions.
It’s not the specific attractions being removed that are the issue it’s more the loss of the river view and general feeling of space in that part of the park. Especially when the studios park in Paris is adding a huge lake to make the park feel less of a concrete mess.

doctornick

2) I think the theming arguments here are overblown and it feels like an issue to a very small, but very vocal, number of fanatics. The rock work of RSR (I know it's not a complete copy) feels like an extension of BTMRR to me even if it's just "west" and not "old west"

I think the rockwork and theming of the Cars area will harmonize very well with BTMRR. I don't think people are concerned about that.

But it will be an abrupt transition from the waterside areas of Liberty Square and the Frontierland town (in front of CBJ and such). Those were designed to be on a waterfront, not next to mountainous land.

Dear Prudence

Rise of the Resistance is incredible. The Skyliner is a amazing achievement that is free and fun. Ratatouille and the France expansion is gorgeous and lovely. Cosmic Rewind is one the best rides in Orlando, hand down.

So yes...we have.
Neither ROTR or Ratatouille impressed me, especially when considering how under utilized the track less system is on both. Plus, Ratatouille is screen based, which I can't stand (but that's a personal preference). I can't speak to the other two yet. But Ratatouille and ROTR existed in other parks before coming to WDW.

But to each their own, I guess.

el_super

Today’s kids aren’t buying coonskin caps anymore or reading long-form books in general, but certainly not the likes of Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn.

This is the end result of TDO’s poor planning

I assume this was really meant to be two distinct thoughts, because it is definitely not Disney's fault that kids don't read books or play outside anymore.

It seems silly to think Disney would maintain a property that was locked into appealing to kids in the 1950s and never change from that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom