News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Quietmouse

Aside from nostalgia warriors, is this really going to play such a huge impact on the core of Disney world audience (younger families typically with small children, with above middle income brackets?)?

These families are paying nearly over 4k for 4 days at Disney world. Does the river boat and river and island add to the magic experience, detracts or is neutral for these families ?

Likewise, same question, would a cars land, with a well done e ticket experience, plus a smaller family experience ride, with solid theming and landscaping add, detract or be neutral ?

My guess, if well done (big if), then it will probably add to the overall trip versus a boat ride/island visit that most kids and families found boring and time wasting and would typically skip over.

Uh…so “Frontierland” is now about giant princess tiaras and anthropomorphic cars?

I give up. Honestly.

And Josh’s rationalization is just embarrassing.
Well if they came right out and said they and their advisors find the American Frontier and even Riverboats as racist and problematic, people would rightfully get angry. The slow change is much more appealing on paper.

Scuttle

Sad to say, but Disney World is just no longer worth it.

You’re going to have Lightning McQueen zooming past the Haunted Mansion. WOW.

So you know, f Iger, f. D’Amaro. F the whole lot of them. They can take their lightning lane plus or whatever scheme they come up with next and shove it right up where the sun don’t shine.
I gave up my annual in 2018. Was a passholder for 10 years. I’ll never buy a pass again. I’ve been back twice since 2018. Don’t miss it a bit. There’s a lot more to life than WDW. Imagineering has no talent and on top of that corporate makes the worst decisions possible. Disney is truly screwed until they hire real talent and stay out of politics. The board needs to grow a pair and hire a conservative CEO that understands that.

pwnbeaver

give us an example of concept art of something they announced at WDW turned out like that

This is a good point, but the example I can think of is, ironically, Cars Land.

Ah. Everyone who thinks water in Florida looks beautiful should instead check out Water, Japan.

Got it.

Animal Kingdom is beautiful. Islands of Adventure is beautiful. Rivers of America is nothing special, outside of its historical ties and nostalgia. I totally get that, but this isn't like bulldozing Haunted Mansion or Pirates, or even retheming Splash Mountain.

Plus, Disneysea really is the best. I have never seen anything in my life that can compare to that kind of scale and accomplishment. The water is purposeful and looks beautiful in completely different ways in every section of the park. It is better.

FettFan

Aside from nostalgia warriors, is this really going to play such a huge impact on the core of Disney world audience (younger families typically with small children, with above middle income brackets?)?

The Iger Company continues to think the average guest is a drooling moron who will happily lap up whatever they toss out.

dont-ask-questions-just-consume-product.gif

And that’s why we’ve seen such stunning failures for Disney parks.

BrianLo

It looks to me that you'll now have a big mountain shaped like a piston as your first view as you walk over from the hub. My mind is blown that people are describing this as looking "beautiful", but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Would you not call Radiator Spring beautiful? They are all designed to look like the back end of cars.

Sir_Cliff

Ask every single person who off-roads, overlands or likes rally racing. Cars and the wilderness go hand in hand.

Of course, it's nice to be without technology in the wilderness as well.
I guess this is more on the subjective side of things, as I am sure some people do feel that way about the relationship between cars and wilderness.

Frontierland was always my favourite land in MK mainly for the calmer atmosphere, and especially the effect at night with the music, dim lighting, water, and trees which added some respite when crowds and temperatures dipped. Adding cars to that equation subtracts from the appeal to me, in the same way that Grizzly Peak would be far less charming to me if there were cars zooming all over the mountain in place of the rapids ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom