News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Chef idea Mickey`=

To you, maybe. Other people have different tastes. Look at the differences between Aulani and the Four Seasons right next door. Same price point, same location, totally different styles. There isn't a right one or a wrong one there.
Four Seasons has the luxury and offers the luxury you are to have, while also at a better price less than the Disney Deluxes like Grand Floridian, Riviera etc.

Schmidt

Four Seasons has the luxury and offers the luxury you are to have, while also at a better price less than the Disney Deluxes like Grand Floridian, Riviera etc.
Four Seasons is about twice the price of the Grand Floridian and the Rivera. Stayed in a basic room this summer for over 1000/night.

Now that use to be the case where Four Seasons was comparable to Disney hotels in price, but not for anwhile . The Four Seasons is another level of expensive.

Also if you use the awesome DVC rental sites, you can stay at the GF in the mid 300.00.

Last edited:

Bocabear

To you, maybe. Other people have different tastes. Look at the differences between Aulani and the Four Seasons right next door. Same price point, same location, totally different styles. There isn't a right one or a wrong one there.
but we are talking about removing the things that made the high priced Disney resorts special and replacing it with things you can find in any Marriott hotel. a nice Marriott...but not a 4 Seasons hotel. Disney Resorts have been priced as if they are luxury hotels... They are nice, but they are not the level they are priced at... I think the difference has always been the theme and style... Why pay for The Polynesian Village Resort when the style you are getting will be a Fairfield Inn with a fiberglass Moana Splashpad?

Schmidt

but we are talking about removing the things that made the high priced Disney resorts special and replacing it with things you can find in any Marriott hotel. a nice Marriott...but not a 4 Seasons hotel. Disney Resorts have been priced as if they are luxury hotels... They are nice, but they are not the level they are priced at... I think the difference has always been the theme and style... Why pay for The Polynesian Village Resort when the style you are getting will be a Fairfield Inn with a fiberglass Moana Splashpad?
I’ll admit that Disney hotels aren’t these ultra fancy hotels but calling them a fairfield inn is equally absurd.

I stay at Fairfield’s if on the road and need a place in a jiffy. They are several steps below a poly. I mean like several hundred steps below

Last edited:

Chef idea Mickey`=

Four Seasons is about twice the price of the Grand Floridian and the Rivera. Stayed in a basic room this summer for over 1000/night.

Now that use to be the case where Four Seasons was comparable to Disney hotels in price, but not for anwhile . The Four Seasons is another level of expensive.

Also if you use the awesome DVC rental sites, you can stay at the GF in the mid 300.00.
Maybe I got confused by Wardorf Astoria! 🤔

But someone did say whether more or same price the lux experience you get is uncompared to the Disney ones today.

Last edited:

el_super

but we are talking about removing the things that made the high priced Disney resorts special and replacing it with things you can find in any Marriott hotel.

You are making the assumption that there isn't a market for hotels that look like luxury brand hotels, but still offer the convenience and amenities Disney resorts offer.

I disagree. Disney does too apparently.

TrainsOfDisney

You are making the assumption that there isn't a market for hotels that look like luxury brand hotels, but still offer the convenience and amenities Disney resorts offer.

I disagree. Disney does too apparently.
I’m not really sure what you’re getting at here…. Obviously different guests want different experiences from an on-property hotel - which is why there is so much variety on property.

el_super

I’m not really sure what you’re getting at here…. Obviously different guests want different experiences from an on-property hotel - which is why there is so much variety on property.

There seems to be this generic belief that *no one* wants to see the parks change in the ways that they don't personally subscribe to. It's incorrect.

There are people out there in the world that think the Disney parks are old, outdated, dusty relics of a bygone time and Disney still has a duty to convince them otherwise. That's why the river has to go and that's why the hotels get updated.

Disstevefan1

There seems to be this generic belief that *no one* wants to see the parks change in the ways that they don't personally subscribe to. It's incorrect.

There are people out there in the world that think the Disney parks are old, outdated, dusty relics of a bygone time and Disney still has a duty to convince them otherwise. That's why the river has to go and that's why the hotels get updated.
Don't worry, in 5 to 7 years the Cars attraction will be in previews and it will be like the ROA, TSI and the riverboat never existed. ;)

TrainsOfDisney

I would think those people aren’t the target customers for Disney Parks? The icon is a castle that is over 50 years old.

“Updated” is great - I’d love to see the riverboat get updated with new scenes, live entertainment, etc. that’s very different than being ripped out. I 100% disagree with the statement “the River has to go.”

Schmidt

💥! Exactly. The truth is that a lot of people here have valid points but this place is mostly an echo chamber of the same ole 5 -10 people that in no way shape or form represent the average visitor. The truth is Disney would have been out of business along time ago if they listened to this niche group. Sell to the masses not the fanatics.

Never give the people exactly what they want cause the people really don’t know what they want. That adage is as true as they come and what’s allowed me to thrive in my career for the past 25 yrs.

Last edited:

Chef idea Mickey`=

I mean seeing souvenirs or pins they sell right now at The Contemporary with the Contemporary or monorail but with Incredibles smacked on it doesn't represent the luxury or value of stayed at The Contemporary. Seems location and the monorail and architecture and historic's is the only thing left that counts.

TomboyJanet

I suppose the next 2 years will determine the success of the upgrading existing attractions for Disney and if they'll see enough money to justify these upgrades. The only things set to open in the next 2 years are upgrades to existing attractions, rather than opening brand new attractions that have been built:
  • 2025: an upgraded Test Track, upgraded Little Mermaid, New Villain show & New 3D show in the Tree of Life
  • 2026: update to Smuggler's Run
I wonder if they will fix the ending for the little mermaid or if they will just make the animatronics better and less 3-D printer looking.

On a side note, I know this is Eisner's fault but had they left the Imagination ride and just updated it with time It would have become Epcot's It's a small World. Same for the GMR.

What Disney doesn't seem to get is that like the Fantasyland rides, they can just leave good rides the same and update them now and then. Hopefully the CBJ thing will help them grasp this concept.

Disstevefan1

You never got a Four Seasons type of experience at Disney. That not what Disney is or ever was. Also as stated the prices aren’t equivalent. You can stay at a GF for 350 through a DVC. You are going to pay well over 700 for Four Seasons.

To be fair there are perks to staying at the GF over FS as well.
A random search of GF:
1729116283556.png

osian

Sell to the masses not the fanatics.

Never give the people exactly what they want cause the people really don’t know what they want.
Well...apparently the masses want and expect more Disney characters, cartoons, movies and songs in Disney parks. This is what's been touted again and again - the "fanatics" here who don't want that are in a minority. The masses also wanted to be able to book LLs in advance just like FP+. The masses wanted a premium LL service like Universal. They also don't like outdated decor.

Disney is indeed giving the people exactly what they want. But you're saying they shouldn't do that? Or are you saying they should do that? I'm confused.

TomboyJanet

I doubt the original Imagination would've survived under Iger.
I mean in a hypothetical "good timeline" that is. lol

I think that What we see is getting further and further from Walt's imagination and more and more into the quantity over quality mentality.

However I do hope that whatever happens next there happens AFTER Iger or at least if Iger grows up a bit (ironic!) out of that neo venture capitalist mindset. Or I could just say Iger is a big oger who came and stomped on all that is good in the kingdom and the people hid waiting for a chance to save it from his clutches. whatever works. I'm feeling a little silly today

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom