News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

rtmachine

today and to the left and behind BTM, taken from the train.

Attachments

• IMG_2618.jpeg
    IMG_2618.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 204

michmousefan

Speculation will run rampant (that's what this board does; it's fine), but I bet we don't get any additional substantial info on the ride until next year at Destination D23 (probably Nov. 2025, right?), where they might have progressed to the model stage and present that as part of the big parks reveal for that event.

SamusAranX

So l had to take a break for a long time posting here. Life. Any how, judging by the tone of the thread I take it they confirmed this Cars land is replacing RoA and TSI?

trainplane3

It's really interesting to me that in a sense they want to say the demographic of WDW is normies (those who just come for Disney only want IP they know) and not locals or fans as Disneyland is.

So if WDW is that and your deciding to bring in Cars to the property then why not Cars Land geared to the larger demographic you have whom practically all familiar of the film.

Most practicaly know nothing of the Planes films. None of this concept is featured in any Cars films but all inspired by in order
(to fit frontierland).. same thing can be said for TBA with not doing the ride based on the beloved film at WDW either but having Tiana in swamp gear is to fit frontierland?

Again Walt Disney World is not Disneyland but continuing to build not for WDW is my point here.
If Disney doesnt want to keep parts of Frontierland than build another land on what your removing. Desert Land made more sense.
Because they can get away with the minimum and still attract guests. Why build a full land when you can retheme or replace something when none of the regular guests will care? The DL locals have pride in their park and are the majority guest so things are handled very differently out there. WDW locals are a minority while the majority are the kind of guest that is doing their once in a lifetime trip and spending $$$$ to be in Orlando for 2 weeks. The majority wants to see X thing in park, regardless if it makes any actual sense.

Bocabear

Because they can get away with the minimum and still attract guests. Why build a full land when you can retheme or replace something when none of the regular guests will care? The DL locals have pride in their park and are the majority guest so things are handled very differently out there. WDW locals are a minority while the majority are the kind of guest that is doing their once in a lifetime trip and spending $$$$ to be in Orlando for 2 weeks. The majority wants to see X thing in park, regardless if it makes any actual sense.
I think that is what TDO believes, but I think there are a lot of guests...maybe even a majority that actually do care....and when it is done the right way and makes sense, it just feels better...Maybe it is not something that people will be able to pinpoint, but they will feel the difference... Just like now with de-theming the themes resorts...People may not be able to pinpoint why it feels less magical, but they do notice it is different.... and not as special

Last edited:

el_super

Just like now with de-theming the themes resorts...People may not be able to pinpoint why it feels less magical, but they do notice it is different.... and not as specia

Just want to point out here, that there are a lot of potential customers that look at the "themed" areas of the resorts and see "old" and "outdated" and "stuck in the 90s" and want something more modern and clean looking. If Disney thought they could save money by NOT upgrading the rooms, and people would continue thinking they were "magical," Disney would have selected saving the money. They MUST upgrade and advance as time moved forward.

That applies to the parks just as much as the hotels.

trainplane3

I think that is what TDO believes, but I think there are a lot of guests...maybe even a majority that actually do care....and when it is done the right way and makes sense, it just feels better...Maybe it is not something that people will be able to pinpoint, but they will feel the difference... Just like now with de-theming the themes resorts...People may not be able to pinpoint why it feels less magical, but they do notice it is different.... and not as specia
TDO definitely operates that way for sure, regardless of how large the fanbase is. I just know from being out in DL, there was a huge contrast in how everything felt.

TrainsOfDisney

there are a lot of potential customers that look at the "themed" areas of the resorts and see "old" and "outdated" and "stuck in the 90s" and want something more modern and clean looking.
It’s a balancing act for sure - especially with the resorts. Nobody actually wants the original 1971 Polynesian Resort decor (or like .1% do?) but guests also don’t want a Hilton room with some IP on the wallpaper.

For the parks…. I do think modern Disney has wasted money tearing down and rebuilding so much vs. upgrading existing attractions.

Chef idea Mickey`=

It’s a balancing act for sure - especially with the resorts. Nobody actually wants the original 1971 Polynesian Resort decor (or like .1% do?) but guests also don’t want a Hilton room with some IP on the wallpaper.

For the parks…. I do think modern Disney has wasted money tearing down and rebuilding so much vs. upgrading existing attractions.
I rather Grand Floridian 90's than EDNA Mode horror Contemporary Wiplash!

Bocabear

Just want to point out here, that there are a lot of potential customers that look at the "themed" areas of the resorts and see "old" and "outdated" and "stuck in the 90s" and want something more modern and clean looking. If Disney thought they could save money by NOT upgrading the rooms, and people would continue thinking they were "magical," Disney would have selected saving the money. They MUST upgrade and advance as time moved forward.

That applies to the parks just as much as the hotels.
I don't think there are a lot of potential customers that would choose to stay at a non-branded Hampton Inn for $375/nt Vs a beautifully themed resort. Of course they have to freshen up the decor...every hotel does that, but to change the identity and feel of the hotel is where it becomes a problem...It is no longer the thing that made it special to stay at a Disney resort.....

Gusey

I suppose the next 2 years will determine the success of the upgrading existing attractions for Disney and if they'll see enough money to justify these upgrades. The only things set to open in the next 2 years are upgrades to existing attractions, rather than opening brand new attractions that have been built:
  • 2025: an upgraded Test Track, upgraded Little Mermaid, New Villain show & New 3D show in the Tree of Life
  • 2026: update to Smuggler's Run

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom