News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

the_rich

I think the things keeping American Adventure from a substantial update are:
  1. It's huge, so updates would be super-expensive. And I'm not sure they're convinced there's an ROI.
  2. No matter what you change, half the country would be upset.
Looking at Hall of Presidents, I mean, where does it go from here? What could Disney possibly do to it to make it an actual draw with guests while maintaining anything like its current narrative?

Or put another way: would you trade Hall of Presidents as it is, for a Muppets version of American history?
Yea..give me the muppets lol

Disstevefan1

World Showcase Lagoon does seem like it has huge potential for new Lands...
Anotherwdwmagicderail2.jpg

doctornick

In recent years, my family has talked about selling our DVC. My parents are getting older and not able to tour the parks the way they once did. My children enjoy Disney but aren't as obsessed as I am. I was excited for new things being announced as that usually makes the whole family really inspiring to revisit.

This news pushes me to be in the "want to sell" category. I'm not really sure I am all that enthused to keep going back to WDW when they remove the stuff that makes it unique and beautiful.

I mean, I'm usually pretty neutral to even favorable with most of the changes that occur. I think adding IP is fine. I like what they've done with Epcot. But this to me is inexcusible - it is so mind bogglingly bad.

I'd have been totally fine if they left the waterfront, docked the boat and paved over the back half of the river. But this just seems to have no rhyme or reason in regards to the existing Frontierland.

JustInTime

Im more concerned they are gutting Liberty Square at this point. I think Frontierland having a national park feel could work really well. But not sure I can get over losing almost all of Liberty Square. It’s already half a land as it is and the fact that it looks like half the buildings are replaced with trees in the concept art isn’t promising. I hope that is just artistic liberty?

ctrlaltdel

Not that it's going to make people feel any better, but this was one of the costlier options pitched, and makes a broad attempt to fit the area better than most others.

Now that word is out and the dust is settling, a little more information is slipping through.

Once their original BBTM plans were scrapped, Coco's massive showbuilding precluded it from being relocated. Cars won, the ROA's fate was sealed.

Villains - despite being a disparate collection of ideas even to this date - was by far the favorite to win over the singular BBTM expansion plot. The art as shown is suggestive of theme and style but not related to a practical model. Yet.
Where is the single BBTM plot? Does it only have one point of access by Big Thunder?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This might be an unpopular opinion, but kids today don't know who Tom Sawyer is, nor do they care about a steam-powered riverboat. Besides, maintaining an island with a steam-powered riverboat circling it every 20 minutes or so gets expensive in the long run, and the infrastructure they had to maintain to keep this obsolete (by today's standards) bit of fantasy going just isn't justified by today's MBA standards.

And the kids of today are the ticket buyers of tomorrow. Better to put something in that THEY can relate to. Boomer G'paw gonna be gone soon anyway...

Think upon this... now that there's another Car ride coming into MK, expect pressure to mount on repurposing the land eaten up by Tomorrowland Speedway...

Meanwhile, who's the robot being memorialized in that mountain peak?
1723472601582.png

ctrlaltdel

With this concept art it makes the area seem seem very vast and expansive, but just being here in person looking at it, the cars area, with 2 attractions, seems kind of small.
Yeah if you look at a map, it will be smaller than just RSR alone, however, every time I look at the concept art, the main attraction really does go through almost the entirety of the expansion. I think this will have more wrapping around and elevation changes to compensate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom