News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Chef idea Mickey`=

To put this somewhat back on topic... What do you think the other Cars attraction will be?
My guess at first or by looking at the map was a smaller tamer experience kid friendly able to ride sit in the Cars and just a loop around the area near Big Thunder. People thought the last concept art with all the cars cheering was part of the second attraction but looks like it's the first. Some then say the second attraction would be small like one in DCA.

Brer Panther

Yeah without Mater and McQueen, it's not cars. Kids will be like "Where's lightning?". Little boys (and yes girls too!) OBSESS over Lighning
The concept art shows Lightning and Mater at some point in the ride, so there's that.
To put this somewhat back on topic... What do you think the other Cars attraction will be?
A clone of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree?

celluloid

I agree but not for the reason you're probably thinking.

Just not really big on single IP "lands" and two Cars attractions is one too many. Though based on the majority here perhaps, it's two too many.

That's about the same reason I was thinking. Haha

But joking aside. If it is not Test Track system again(seems FL storms would make that difficult again unless things have greatly improved on tech) I would presume the Dynamic Attractions tech has a shot.

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

Said my goodbyes to Tom Sawyer Island and the Liberty Belle/Rivers of America.

Magical, old school, exploratory experiences. Getting to show my 4 year old niece around the caves and Fort Langhorn is something I will treasure forever.

Something I found to be really interesting though....

The Rivers of America at WDW is different than its counterpart at Disneyland in that it's actually hard to see in most areas surrounding it. Disneyland's version is, basically, right on the same level as the shoreline. The water is incredibly prominent all throughout the loop. WDW's is nearly sunken below high walls on the Liberty Square side and hidden behind a lot of trees and wooden pathways in Frontierland. You almost have to go out of your way to enjoy the water. You can see it nearly everywhere out in California.

I'm not saying I agree with the removal, far from it. I genuinely hate the decision. But I was surprised to see how differently this river is integrated into the surrounding lands. This did give me a slight glimmer of hope in that this wouldn't be as catastrophic as I originally imagined.

celluloid

Said my goodbyes to Tom Sawyer Island and the Liberty Belle/Rivers of America.

Magical, old school, exploratory experiences. Getting to show my 4 year old niece around the caves and Fort Langhorn is something I will treasure forever.

Something I found to be really interesting though....

The Rivers of America at WDW is different than its counterpart at Disneyland in that it's actually hard to see in most areas surrounding it. Disneyland's version is, basically, right on the same level as the shoreline. The water is incredibly prominent all throughout the loop. WDW's is nearly sunken below high walls on the Liberty Square side and hidden behind a lot of trees and wooden pathways in Frontierland. You almost have to go out of your way to enjoy the water. You can see it nearly everywhere out in California.

I'm not saying I agree with the removal, far from it. I genuinely hate the decision. But I was surprised to see how differently this river is integrated into the surrounding lands. This did give me a slight glimmer of hope in that this wouldn't be as catastrophic as I originally imagined.
Ironically, it's off island and ride visibility would have been even better with new expansion.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
But anyway, Yeah without Mater and McQueen, it's not cars. Kids will be like "Where's lightning?". Little boys (and yes girls too!) OBSESS over Lighning, like he's a famous athlete they look up to. He's like the modern day Thomas the Tank Engine.
Good thing that they're going to have Lighting McQueen in there. A perfectly good animatronic is leaving a little park from Orlando called "Disney's Hollywood Studios"...

Casper Gutman

I really think its going to be something in the vein of Tomorrowland Speedway so they can get rid of that finally. It’s telling to me only Cali was announced as going electric.
The MAIN ride in the Cars expansion is analogous to the Speedway. And Disney basically locked the Speedway in place with the moronic placement of Tron.

Every decision made recently regarding MK has been mind-bogglingly short-sighted with long-term effects that will be felt for decades.

Gusey

The MAIN ride in the Cars expansion is analogous to the Speedway. And Disney basically locked the Speedway in place with the moronic placement of Tron.

Every decision made recently regarding MK has been mind-bogglingly short-sighted with long-term effects that will be felt for decades.
From the concept art, the main attraction looks to be quite different to Speedway, because you aren't driving the cars, and it's two cars racing much faster through actual scenery (which Speedway has none). It's even been speculated to be some kind of trackless system so it feels like a more extreme car race. The second attraction we haven't seen anything of yet, but it could be similar to Speedway in which kids can drive their own cars, or it could be a flat ride like Luigis or Maters

Casper Gutman

From the concept art, the main attraction looks to be quite different to Speedway, because you aren't driving the cars, and it's two cars racing much faster through actual scenery (which Speedway has none). It's even been speculated to be some kind of trackless system so it feels like a more extreme car race. The second attraction we haven't seen anything of yet, but it could be similar to Speedway in which kids can drive their own cars, or it could be a flat ride like Luigis or Maters
Aren’t issues with outdoor trackless, especially over “rough” terrain, a big reason Uni’s Kong has been running without the outside portion for well over a year?

FettFan

I prefer Runaway Railway to The Great Movie Ride, though they're so different from each other that I'm not sure a comparison is especially productive or appropriate.

Leaving that aside, I think the attraction's use of projection mapping works very effectively to make guests feel as if they've entered a 2-D animated world, which is the whole point.

MMRR’s biggest problem was where it was placed. It should have been in Animation Courtyard, for obvious reasons.

Sadly, The Bob Iger Company decided Star Wars was too much of a sacred cow and kept Launch Bay around.

lazyboy97o

Aren’t issues with outdoor trackless, especially over “rough” terrain, a big reason Uni’s Kong has been running without the outside portion for well over a year?
No, that’s more about Universal being cheap and running the attraction at reduced capacity. They’re only loading and unloading one vehicle at a time instead of two, so cutting down the cycle time of the attraction means the hit to capacity isn’t quite as bad.

Casper Gutman

No, that’s more about Universal being cheap and running the attraction at reduced capacity. They’re only loading and unloading one vehicle at a time instead of two, so cutting down the cycle time of the attraction means the hit to capacity isn’t quite as bad.
Oh, Uni is definitely being indefensibly cheap, one way or the other. Perhaps I fell for a "hole under Horizons," but I understood that at least one factor in the decision was that the axels of the vehicles were having difficulty with the outdoor terrain and Uni didn't want to spend to correct the situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom