News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

lazyboy97o

I get why you're correcting that post, but Walt was alive when early planning was taking place, and a "Rivers of America" is visible in the concept art behind him in the EPCOT film.
The Rivers of America is shown because they used Disneyland as a placeholder for Disneyland East. Walt was dead before any design work actually began on the Magic Kingdom.

This also means the story of him having an apartment in Cinderella Castle is not true.

celluloid

I disagree.

I get why you're correcting that post, but Walt was alive when early planning was taking place, and a "Rivers of America" is visible in the concept art behind him in the EPCOT film.
And ironically, Tom Sayer's Island was the most involved he was very all other Dusney theme park creations.
So what is being removed now is the most Walt Connected aspect left of Frontierland.

lazyboy97o

This is from “The EPCOT Film” and does not touch on Magic Kingdom. The park that would become the Magic Kingdom is only ever shown as a placeholder, a direct copy of Disneyland. The design and development of the Magic Kingdom is all well documented and it began after Walt’s death. Walt agreed to a second theme park and was part of its general siting at the north end of the property, but the particulars of its design were not started and by his own words didn’t really concern him. As Walt himself acknowledged, WED was an incredible team and they were able to deliver without him.

Incomudro

I disagree.

Yes, it's not a stretch to say that he very much knew and wanted his east coast park to be a representation of his west coast park.
With the ability to be a whole lot more.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Will the response to this be made public similar to the permit? Would you expect it to reveal much more about the project or just minimum to answer the questions/requests?

Yes, the response is normally added to the permit site. I assume Disney will try to provide the minimum required to satisfy the request.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom