News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

donsullivan

Premium Member
The penguin’s got a point when TWDC was, let’s face it, running RCID, they could do as they please. Now with CFTOD, that freedom is gone.

So, yes, the path of least resistance is to destroy ROA, TSI.

And TWDC has only itself to blame for losing RCID.

And it’s only really the guests who suffer.
This is not CFTOD, this is South Florida Water Management District. They go through this stuff all the time and have for many, many decades. A good (albeit smaller) example was when they build the Grand Flo DVC, they filled in part of Seven Seas Lagoon to site the building where they did. SFWMD required them to restore the water storage capacity lost from filling that in as part of approving the permits. They just dug Bay Lake out a little larger just east of the water bridge to maintain the storage capacity of the water system. This sort of stuff happens all the time for every major construction project in Florida. SFWMD wants to be sure the construction will not cause a new flooding problem either upstream, downstream or within the construction area after it's completed and make sure plans are in place to mitigate that. This is pretty ordinary stuff for this sort of project.

donsullivan

Premium Member
If that’s true, do they need to offset the loss of ROA with another expansion of that body of water?
Yes, they will need to offset the water storage capacity of RofA as part of the whole solution since it' part of the overall flood control system on the full property since the late 60's. It's been a few weeks but I believe there was a very large retention pond just south of the pyro storage bunkers in the original submission plans.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yes, they will need to offset the water storage capacity of RofA as part of the whole solution since it' part of the overall flood control system on the full property since the late 60's. It's been a few weeks but I believe there was a very large retention pond just south of the pyro storage bunkers in the original submission plans.

Correct, it is a pretty large retention pond. I have roughly marked in red.

1726514203792.png

Gusey

Do we know if there is any truth to the earlier rumors about the south loop being retained?
I think that was more wishful thinking/denial. Disney have announced that Cars will replace Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island. From the Parks Blog "To make way for this completely new frontier, the Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island will be transformed into vast and rugged terrains for a rally race with some of the world’s most iconic racers. "

EricsBiscuit

This is probably the cheapest way to expand the parks with more usable attractions.
Not replacing Stitch? The Speedway is truly outdated, contributes little to the beauty of the park, and doesn’t come saddled with environmental red tape baggage. There’s also the undeveloped Adventureland plot. Theres space between MSUSA and TL. Point being: there’s other lower hanging fruits.

TrainsOfDisney

Not replacing Stitch? The Speedway is truly outdated, contributes little to the beauty of the park, and doesn’t come saddled with environmental red tape baggage. There’s also the undeveloped Adventureland plot. Theres space between MSUSA and TL. Point being: there’s other lower hanging fruits.
I would use speedway and the plot between Main Street and Tomorrowland first.

I’d also probably put villains at DHS - they have the land ready to go, need more attractions, and villains fit better over there thematically.

But for some strange reason Bob and Josh didn’t ask me! Haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom