News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Sneaky

I’m not so broken up over losing Tom Sawyer Island itself, but Rivers of America is something else entirely.

There’s something to be said for the place-making you get as you leave BTM right when the Liberty Belle passes.

Also, the riverboat is the one thing that would actually connect Tiana’s Bayou Adventure to the rest of the area….so much so that when TBA was first announced, we were all under the impression that the Zip A Dee Lady finale would be repurposed.

It works for TBA, it works with BTMRR, it works with Haunted Mansion and Liberty Square…that boat really tied the room together, did it not?

View attachment 816341
I agree. The River and boat itself still had plenty of gas in the tank, but Tom Sawyer Island has been knocking on deaths door since the 2000’s imo

Chef idea Mickey`=

Would it be possible to save the river, island and boat by canceling the names "Tom Sawyer", "America" and "Liberty Belle"?

In other words:

The Rivers of "something else"
"Somebody else's" Island
"Something else" Riverboat.

I feel like this "re-theme" would be a compromise that would allow us to keep the water feature view itself but would sterilize it for today"s modern audience.

They did this for Splash and made it Tiana's. Why cant they do it for the river, island and boat? I dont like this idea but I'll accept it in order to give Disney what they need...yet still keep the space.
Mater's Buck-Tooth Wonderin Island Mud Puddle Tootn Stroll

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom