News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

LittleBuford

That wasn’t really a “view” everything I said was a fact. The visuals and reveal of the castle has significantly changed.

I’m not arguing for or against - although the hub in MK is very unpleasant now with no shade.
It's not a fact that guests used to consider the castle a more mundane sight than they do now. That's very much your own opinion.

No-one is denying that the framing of the castle has changed. The alterations you're referring to have not, however, made the castle look more fantastical. If anything, the presence of more trees in the past only enhanced the storybook aesthetic.

TrainsOfDisney

But yes, looking down Main Street you saw a park at the end of the street and beyond the park, through and above the trees you’d see a portion of the castle - which called you into the park - the weenie.

Once you got to the hub and walked through or around the trees, you’d see the entire castle towering over you, which of course called you further into the park to explore fantasyland.

You wrote that "the castle didn’t originally look surprising or fantastical at the end of Main Street". I'm not sure how else to interpret that.
it didn’t look surprising or fantastical from Main Street - it did after you passed the hub and it was towering over you.

LittleBuford

it didn’t look surprising or fantastical from Main Street - it did after you passed the hub and it was towering over you.
OK, thanks for clarifying; I misunderstood what you were saying. I still disagree with you. Cinderella Castle in particular is far too grand ever to have just blended in, and I don’t think Sleeping Beauty was sufficiently inconspicuous either.

WorldExplorer

View attachment 810112
The Frontierland name will be staying it seems! I'm glad because it's pretty iconic, and at the very least, "frontier" also means "wilderness." I guess we'll have to see what happens to Liberty Square though...

They should take a page from Epcot: Celebration Land.

What does it mean? What's the theme? Why, whatever the heck they currently feel like putting there of course!

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Nope, never said that and I don't think that.

Sorry, I'm not a Christian either.

A BB gun shooting target range in Frontier land promotes a bad message about gun violence to kids.....but promoting uber-gun violent Deadpool to kids in Disney parks does NOT do any that?

Look,...make the laughing, bloody bullets movie for adults...but don't bring it into the parks while pretending to claim that you DON'T want to promote gun violence in society.

Burbank's "sensitivity" censors are a complete and utter joke....

And this "does" make perfect sense to you????
How dare you! Deadpool has chimichangas, not guns ;)

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

Is there something wrong with the name Frontierland?
No, I think people are just thinking it's going to go because Frontierland isn't entirely about the "Frontier" anymore, as in wild west/pioneers/cowboys. Granted, it really hasn't ever been 100% that, but for whatever reason ever since Tiana's, people have thought the name was going to be changed. Given the continued use of "Frontierland" by Disney, even a joke that the Cars area will be "Front-Tire Land", I'm pretty sure it's sticking around. It's iconic, it's recognizable, and importantly- it can encompass pretty much anything related to the American Wilderness at this point, which I think works in preserving it as a theme.
Westernland I think of Cowboys and Indians whereas Frontierland I think of more than Cowboys and Indians, but also the like of Lewis & Clark expeditions along with the Spanish, like Zorro. Call it Pioneer County ...
That's why I think Frontierland is a better name- it's cowboys, it's native Americans, it's the south, it's the midwest, it's the wild west, it's the pacific northwest, etc etc. It can fit anything from an old fashioned saloon, to bears singing country songs, to Georgia, to New Orleans, to a southwest mine train, to a national park with mountains and waterfalls. It's pretty much anywhere in the US that isn't the original 13 colonies.

celluloid

You think this at all compares to a permanent location, or an “attraction” as people refer to it now?

I personally don't. But I believe Disney over promises and under delivers plenty to where that is often the case. Lines are often blurred too when it comes to big properties and characters.

Front facing guest set pieces in the parks regardless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom