News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

orky8

We can all write a 100 pages on this thread in 30 hours but no one will sign the petition below? Speaks volumes here…

They don't care. They knew how we'd feel, which is why they purposefully released the concept art AFTER D23 ended. It was such a jerky thing to do to the fans and it was very intentional. More than anything else, to me it speaks volumes about how bad Josh is.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
They don't care. They knew how we'd feel, which is why they purposefully released the concept art AFTER D23 ended. It was such a jerky thing to do to the fans and it was very intentional. More than anything else, to me it speaks volumes about how bad Josh is.
It speaks to them being noncommittal until the very last second. This years D23 was a shell game/musical chairs.

orky8

View attachment 809046
quick google mapping of other thrilling rides:
Big Thunder ~86,000 Sq ft
Mine Train ~85,000 sq ft
Space ~90,000 sq ft
TT ~136,000 sqft
Guardians ~182,000 sqft
Rise ~97,000 sqft
SDD:~130,000 sqft
Dinosaur ~81,000 sqft
Everest: ~145,000 sqft

How about Radiator Springs Racers, at nearly 250,000 sq ft.... Uh oh...

Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 1.19.42 PM.png

The Chatbox Ghost

It speaks to them being noncommittal until the very last second. This year's D23 was a shell game/musical chairs.
Especially with the two Monsters concept arts being two different areas of HS- a lot of these plans were likely rushed to announcement so they had a "beefy" presentation. They know EU is kicking their butts and they wanted to one-up them, but by withholding the info on what we're losing (and every single WDW announcement minus Villains is confirmed to be taking the place of something- and Villains easily could be doing that too) it just makes them look so weaselly. They know people love the Rivers and Muppets but didn't want to get booed.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I assume this was really meant to be two distinct thoughts, because it is definitely not Disney's fault that kids don't read books or play outside anymore.

It seems silly to think Disney would maintain a property that was locked into appealing to kids in the 1950s and never change from that.
Yes. I don’t blame Disney for that one 😉

Wall-e

Incorporating Lightning McQueen into The Wilderness Lodge would be an unfathomable disaster, but that’s basically their idea. That tells they absolutely cannot deliver something on the level of The Wilderness Lodge.
I’m speaking on the incredible theming of the Wilderness Lodge being brought to the park. I think if done correctly that alone would be a huge win for everyone. Maybe I’m seeing the vision of the concept art differently then some people but what I see are depth, forced perspective, scale, theming (separate the current area of LS and HM), and a variety of natural elements. I’m imagining how this land will look from BTM, it seems to be a natural valley in the park.

And to everyone saying the ATV’s will be loud and take away the ambiance, what if they are EV’s? So much is unknown at this point but I’m just delving into what I see and what I see is an area that has the look of being something special. AND it isn’t even the most spectacular thing on the docket (Villians!). It’s like an appetizer.

V_L_Raptor

Especially with the two Monsters concept arts being two different areas of HS- a lot of these plans were likely rushed to announcement so they had a "beefy" presentation. They know EU is kicking their butts and they wanted to one-up them, but by withholding the info on what we're losing (and every single WDW announcement minus Villains is confirmed to be taking the place of something- and Villains easily could be doing that too) it just makes them look so weaselly. They know people love the Rivers and Muppets but didn't want to get booed.

Which... For anyone who was wondering why this was streaming just to Fortnite and cast/imagineers... Hindsight is 20/20.

Quietmouse

I’m speaking on the incredible theming of the Wilderness Lodge being brought to the park. I think if done correctly that alone would be a huge win for everyone. Maybe I’m seeing the vision of the concept art differently then some people but what I see are depth, forced perspective, scale, theming (separate the current area of LS and HM), and a variety of natural elements. I’m imagining how this land will look from BTM, it seems to be a natural valley in the park.

And to everyone saying the ATV’s will be loud and take away the ambiance, what if they are EV’s? So much is unknown at this point but I’m just delving into what I see and what I see is an area that has the look of being something special. AND it isn’t even the most spectacular thing on the docket (Villians!). It’s like an appetizer.

Hundred percent agree. It’s a natural fit for frontier land. Everyone is so focused on the ip attached, but I could care less because the ride itself is very interchangeable to whichever ip they want to rethink in the future.

I think if done right, this could be the perfect juxtaposition between a pleasant, beautiful forest, and “accidentally strolling” into s nightmarish forest that gets darker and darker the more you continue to walk thru until it reveals itself as villains land.

Raineman

I think removing the ROA falls outside of the “only the crazy fans care” group.
I think it does somewhat, but with the comments I've seen so far, here and on social media. there are alot of people applauding this change and passive-aggressively shaming those of us that don't like this. Those are the people that Disney loves. In that sense, this is like Splash/TBA all over again.

Gusey

Here's the thing though, Disney must have numbers for how many people visited Tom Sawyer Island and the Liberty Belle. If you love an attraction, make sure you experience it every time you visit to get the numbers up. Before this announcement, there was very little public love for Tom Sawyer Island and the Rivers of America and any vlog I've seen featuring those attractions, they appear to not be very busy?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom