News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

phillip9698

We can all write a 100 pages on this thread in 30 hours but no one will sign the petition below? Speaks volumes here…

A petition isn’t going to save this space when sitting on the other side is a river of data showing this space was woefully underutilized.

Schema

From the concept art, there is still water in those sections, you can see guests crossing a bridge over water to get to the Cars attractions. Hopefully, there will be a steady stream between the Frontierland town and the Cars Mountains
View attachment 809041
If they were so inclined, they could keep the existing water (or a skinnier version of it) all the way from the channel North of BTM down to the area you highlighted and even a little beyond the corner. That would allow them to permanently park Belle in the Bayou area and have the illusion that it can travel up and down the little branch of the river. Just don't worry about how it would turn around. Maybe it has to back out. :)

The Chatbox Ghost

Well that's what I was saying earlier too. Maybe the top portion of the river will be preserved? View attachment 809072
I'd be fine with that, but at that point, the grounding visual element of Frontierland and Liberty Square is already gone. You wouldn't even be able to see the rivers from anywhere but Big Thunder. Plus, I'm sure Disney would much rather just use the rest of the river for Villains instead of needing to prepare swampland on the other side of the tracks.

disney fan 13

More of a general point but it’s sorta fascinating that every attraction announced besides Villians land (possibly) is replacing something else.

-Cars obviously replacing TSI/ROA
-Monsters inc seems as of now to be replacing Muppets area
-Indy/Encanto replacing Dinoland/Dinosaur

A lot of the negative reactions can be traced to that, and it’s absolutely Disney’s fault for choosing that course of action. There are a multitude of either empty buildings or unpopular rides well past their shelf life Disney could’ve put a ride into, or they could’ve expanded the parks and preserved existing capacity. They are doing neither which is why these things are bittersweet to some.

easyrowrdw

Yes I’ve enjoyed what is there for almost 40 years (pains me to say). But if they can deliver something like this on a theme park scale I think my kids, grandkids, my wife and I will all very much enjoy this for the next 40 years.
View attachment 809036
Incorporating Lightning McQueen into The Wilderness Lodge would be an unfathomable disaster, but that’s basically their idea. That tells me they absolutely cannot deliver something on the level of The Wilderness Lodge.

Last edited:

phillip9698

More of a general point but it’s sorta fascinating that every attraction announced besides Villians land (possibly) is replacing something else.

A lot of the negative reactions can be traced to that, and it’s absolutely Disney’s fault for choosing that course of action. There are a multitude of either empty buildings or unpopular rides well past their shelf life Disney could’ve put a ride into, or they could’ve expanded the parks and preserved existing capacity. They are doing neither which is why these things are bittersweet to some.

TSI is an unpopular “ride” well past its shelf life though.

TheRealSkull

This area is smaller than GE and I thought villain's was supposed to be larger? That's about 9 acres and GE is 14.
Yeah, something about this doesn't sit right with me. Take away the Cars area and the supposed remaining land for Villains is about 7 acres. You would think they would need to actually go beyond the berm of the park to have a fully fleshed out land.

mickEblu

I still can't quite get over the fact that they are planning to completely redo so a large section of the Magic Kingdom to pay homage to cars. I guess they imagine that the imagination of current and future generations is as activated by the theme of cars as past generations were by adventure, the American frontier, fantasy, and the future.

I just find it so weird that this is what they think the Magic Kingdom is.

For 2 rides and a 4 acre land they could fit anywhere

The Chatbox Ghost

For whatever reason, they seem to not really care for the "blessing of space". All the parks have plenty of expansion pads/abandoned buildings to demolish and use the space of. Look at the Shooting Gallery- demolished to make way for a DVC Lounge, meanwhile there are several abandoned sponsor lounges in MK and Stitch's is still empty after 6 years. Disney is controlled by businessmen without a single drop of creativity in their bodies that tell WDI to do what they want, and what they want is maximizing spaces for optimal ROI.

TheRealSkull

I'd be fine with that, but at that point, the grounding visual element of Frontierland and Liberty Square is already gone. You wouldn't even be able to see the rivers from anywhere but Big Thunder. Plus, I'm sure Disney would much rather just use the rest of the river for Villains instead of needing to prepare swampland on the other side of the tracks.
It's better than replacing the river entirely. The only thing I'm trying to think of in terms of this logistically working is if an entrance to Villians from Haunted Mansion is necessary. It might not be if Villains Land is big enough for the second entrance to be placed right around where Fantasyland is.

The Chatbox Ghost

TSI is an unpopular “ride” well past its shelf life though.
It's only unpopular because it's a hassle to get over there. There's plenty of ways they could've solved that issue. Additionally, TSI and the RoA are experienced by EVERY guest who visits that area of the park, because they are the grounding visual element. They add immersion and beauty to the area. You can't quantify that in numbers. Replacing them with a thick tree line, snowy rocks, and the muffled sounds of "Kachow" will take away so much from the area.

The Chatbox Ghost

It's better than replacing the river entirely. The only thing I'm trying to think of in terms of this logistically working is if an entrance to Villians from Haunted Mansion is necessary. It might not be if Villains Land is big enough for the second entrance to be placed right around where Fantasyland is.
Also, I just noticed in your plan that Villains isn't using any of the back half of the river- so why not put Cars there? I feel like if Cars is taking the front half, then Villains is taking the back half.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom