Cars Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios Still Possible?

jt04

A future expansion themed after Zootopia in the future. While it's to early to think of this idea this would either fit there on replacing the Dinorama section.

I love the idea of a Fantasyland type area at DAK. Especially with the loss of CNN. Zootopia could be the perfect franchise to replace Dinorama.

SirLink

No. I just think Cars Land is the unannounced phase 3 which it most likely is due to the amount of space they got (which is very unlikely that amount of space is STL or TSL)

'Think' being the operative word here. Given that Disney wants to try and gets budgets normalized and construction to clip at a pace. One Cars Land was drastically over budget. Two the main attraction would have to be redesigned so that operationally it could be up more and wouldn't need any outdoor sections.

So based on those factors alone it makes sense as to Cars Land not going into that part of the park ....

Maerj

Back on topic. Cars Land will come to WDW. They'll simply put signs up in the parking lots that read: "Cars Land." That's the cheapest way to do it. Unfortunately, it'll take about five years to do it and when they do put the signs up they'll most likely be crooked or misspelled.

HauntedMansionFLA

Back on topic. Cars Land will come to WDW. They'll simply put signs up in the parking lots that read: "Cars Land." That's the cheapest way to do it. Unfortunately, it'll take about five years to do it and when they do put the signs up they'll most likely be crooked or misspelled.
Well, maybe this is a step further. But they could always move the Speedway over from the MK and theme it toward Cars and you have a kid friendly ride at DAK. Plus that would open up the most valuable land at WDW where the Speedway now stands.

Cesar R M

43fef88512a701c92c898872195a0b5ccf3cb54b862eecc261f77c999a377544.jpg
but_wait_theres_more.jpg

Cesar R M

I don't know why anyone would be eager to get ride of areas (especially ones with rides) at DAK rather than expanding the park to new areas (there's plenty of unused space). Go and build an Australia or South America section if they want to spend more money in the park.

That said, I don't think Zootopia is really that good a fit for DAK. I mean, for a M&G, sure. But the nature of the film's premise seems very counter the "real" animals of the park. If they wanted to incorporate animated films more into DAK, there are plenty of better fits like Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, Jungle Book, Tarzan, Pocahontas, etc which feature "real" animals the way that IP already used in the park like Lion King, Bug's Life and Nemo do.
The new jungle book would definitively fit.
That darn trailer looked fantastic.

But zootopia could fit as well, remember.. there are areas in the city that are not "city" like.. like the themed areas that surrounds the metropolis. (tundra, sahara, forest)

Cesar R M

And for those not paying attention at home, we referenced not only that but Bootsy Collins as well as the NBC show Homicide:Life on the Streets and the movie Warriors.

And if youre so narrow minded as to divide the world into gay and straight, then you need to broaden your horizons and try something fabulous....
Your jokes are a bit Rusty Dave.. maybe you need to get Fit!!!

vuHqCax.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom