Carousel of Progress exterior refurbishment

DisneyFans4Life

I wish they would restore the last scene to either the 1964 World's Fair version or Walt Disney World' 1975 version...The current scene in there now is dated ...not in a good way, but in a bad, non-retro, poorly written kind of way...
Yeah...that last scene definitely needs an update. The rest of the ride is solid...but that last scene is just...blah.

With the amount of Apple products used in the parks...I'm suprised they can't get Apple to sponsor the ride and do some crazy tech stuff...

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah...that last scene definitely needs an update. The rest of the ride is solid...but that last scene is just...blah.

With the amount of Apple products used in the parks...I'm suprised they can't get Apple to sponsor the ride and do some crazy tech stuff...
I've considered that idea before, but I don't think Apple would ever do something like that despite how close a relationship they have to Disney. Apple doesn't do sponsorships pretty much anywhere. The only advertising they do is for themselves.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Can't beat any more striking than it's original look!! It really was a sight to behold. All of the ribbing on the roof had synchronized lights that could form changing patterns and colors. It gave the illusion that the entire roof was rotating.

View attachment 142997
My father has fond memories of visiting the 1964-65 World's Fair. His favorite exhibit was the Carousel of Progress

Goofyernmost

My father has fond memories of visiting the 1964-65 World's Fair. His favorite exhibit was the Carousel of Progress
From everything that I have read about it, it was possibly the most popular pavilion at the Fair. Probably why it has lasted 50 years, so we should bulldoze it, it's just another dated attraction with no relevance to anything.

Or better yet let's alter it so it no longer even resembles the historic Worlds Fair show. Who needs to see that anyway?

Last edited:

raymusiccity

From everything that I have read about it, it was possibly the most popular pavilion at the Fair. Probably why it has lasted 50 years, so we should bulldoze it, it's just another dated attraction with no relevance to anything.

Or better yet let's alter it so it no longer even resembles the historic Worlds Fair show. Who needs to see that anyway?

It's a shame that they did that exact same thing to the original at Disneyland. First they gutted it, installed a new show, (America Sings?), then just bulldozed it. :-( Hopefully, we can save this one, or it'll follow the footsteps of my favorite.....'20,000 Leagues'.

Goofyernmost

It's a shame that they did that exact same thing to the original at Disneyland. First they gutted it, installed a new show, (America Sings?), then just bulldozed it. :-( Hopefully, we can save this one, or it'll follow the footsteps of my favorite.....'20,000 Leagues'.
They didn't bulldoze the building in DL. It is, or at least was, Innovations complete with moving floor and everything. (I think that the floor has stopped moving though, not sure of that.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
They didn't bulldoze the building in DL. It is, or at least was, Innovations complete with moving floor and everything. (I think that the floor has stopped moving though, not sure of that.
Actually, Innoventions at DLR closed last year and became Star Wars Launch Bay

raymusiccity

Wait did the lights actually change colors giving the illusion of the place spinning?

There were multiple combinations. Sometimes there were wave effects, changing colors, as well as interlacing change of direction. Definitely way ahead or it's time!! ...
Haven't been able to track down any video of it yet. Pretty scarce since this was back in the day when seeing yourself at the RCA exhibit of color TV was exciting!

Last edited:

RobbinsDad

The ride reset on us twice in December, but it was actually a godsend. I was pretty exhausted, and that 20 minute nap hit the spot. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom