News Caribbean Beach Expansion

Jess G

going to be very interested to see how this plays out if a moderate resort now becomes a DVC location.

is it considered moderate or deluxe because of the specific room you are in or how the resort is overall so to speak?

and will the price point for DVC at a moderate be the same are other deluxe resorts or less?

I have to be honest, when I saw your name reply to this thread I thought we were getting answers! LOL

Branching off what you said - In order for me to be happy to pay a deluxe price for ANY room CBR they better really out do themselves. I read somewhere that they are adding (or replacing) a few Barbados buildings as well as doing something with the water ways. I would assume they should add a new restaurant and pool. I'm trying to imagine it but I just can't picture it yet lol. Also it is hard to believe that DVC would become cheaper. Unless the goal is to make an affordable DVC home resort? But that seems unlikely...

OH GREAT just realized with more building comes more bus stops LOL ... who wants to stop 10 times after a long day at the park?

CaptainAmerica

Also it is hard to believe that DVC would become cheaper. Unless the goal is to make an affordable DVC home resort? But that seems unlikely...
Price-per-point probably wouldn't change much, but people might be able to buy into 100 point contracts instead of the 200 point contracts they'd need at the more expensive resorts. Similar price per point * fewer points = lower initial buy-in without diluting the value of each point.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I have to be honest, when I saw your name reply to this thread I thought we were getting answers! LOL

Branching off what you said - In order for me to be happy to pay a deluxe price for ANY room CBR they better really out do themselves. I read somewhere that they are adding (or replacing) a few Barbados buildings as well as doing something with the water ways. I would assume they should add a new restaurant and pool. I'm trying to imagine it but I just can't picture it yet lol. Also it is hard to believe that DVC would become cheaper. Unless the goal is to make an affordable DVC home resort? But that seems unlikely...

OH GREAT just realized with more building comes more bus stops LOL ... who wants to stop 10 times after a long day at the park?

DVC wouldn't necessarily become cheaper. The price per point to purchase would remain the same. However, the amount of points you would need to use to stay at a "Moderate" DVC resort would be less. For example, if it would cost you 100 points to stay a week at the Boardwalk, it might cost 75 points to stay at this resort. (EDIT: Pretty much what @CaptainAmerica just said)

Also, if the plans do actually include a connector to Epcot, you may not need to take the bus as often. :)

Jess G

Price-per-point probably wouldn't change much, but people might be able to buy into 100 point contracts instead of the 200 point contracts they'd need at the more expensive resorts. Similar price per point * fewer points = lower initial buy-in without diluting the value of each point.

Half glass full ! I like that ;) .... It would be awesome if they did something like that.

Jess G

DVC wouldn't necessarily become cheaper. The price per point to purchase would remain the same. However, the amount of points you would need to use to stay at a "Moderate" DVC resort would be less. For example, if it would cost you 100 points to stay a week at the Boardwalk, it might cost 75 points to stay at this resort. (EDIT: Pretty much what @CaptainAmerica just said)

Also, if the plans do actually include a connector to Epcot, you may not need to take the bus as often. :)

You and @CaptainAmerica are right. This could be a really good thing. I'm all for change. I'm just hoping they don't add one boat and a building with a few suites and all of a sudden declare CBR a deluxe lol.

CaptainAmerica

You and @CaptainAmerica are right. This could be a really good thing. I'm all for change. I'm just hoping they don't add one boat and a building with a few suites and all of a sudden declare CBR a deluxe lol.
Totally speculating, they'd probably at least call it deluxe. The idea that you can stay in "deluxe accommodations" year after year is a big part of the DVC sales pitch, and I don't think they'd want to jeopardize that. But I can't imagine they'd try to price it like the other deluxe resorts for cash guests because nobody would stay there.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Totally speculating, they'd probably at least call it deluxe. The idea that you can stay in "deluxe accommodations" year after year is a big part of the DVC sales pitch, and I don't think they'd want to jeopardize that. But I can't imagine they'd try to price it like the other deluxe resorts for cash guests because nobody would stay there.

yeah that's what I'm wondering... will they call this deluxe because of the rooms even though the resort is classified as a moderate?

also referencing early, I was referring to the cost per dvc point to buy into CBR and points per room to stay v/s others

Disorbust

I'm prefacing that I know nothing However, wasn't there reports of baloons over at CSR as well? Maybe they are going to DVC both of these moderates?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm prefacing that I know nothing However, wasn't there reports of baloons over at CSR as well? Maybe they are going to DVC both of these moderates?

Coronado is definitely getting large expansion since a permit was filed to re-work the storm water retention ponds. The difference there was that the permit didn't not provide any details of what was going to be built. So we know they are planning on something, but not what.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
going to be very interested to see how this plays out if a moderate resort now becomes a DVC location.

is it considered moderate or deluxe because of the specific room you are in or how the resort is overall so to speak?

and will the price point for DVC at a moderate be the same are other deluxe resorts or less?

I think if this happens, the price point will be about the same, but the points needed to stay per night will be less for the same room at the Monorail Resorts.

SpaceMountain77

Who mentioned DVC?

Back in August 2014, prior to the groundbreaking at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, several websites reported that a 7-story DVC tower was planned for Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. There was speculation that the upper level floors would boast views of both Fantasmic and Illuminations. Moreover, a sky deck, comparable to Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower, was said to be in the plans.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Back in August 2014, prior to the groundbreaking at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, several websites reported that a 7-story DVC tower was planned for Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. There was speculation that the upper level floors would boast views of both Fantasmic and Illuminations. Moreover, a sky deck, comparable to Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower, was said to be in the plans.
Themed like Germany? :D

Disorbust

Finally, rumors of Disney Vacation Club eyeing Disney's Moderate-class resorts are true...but it would most likely not be a "Moderate DVC."

In the past, DVC has looked into the possibility of placing villas at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. With an elaborate feature pool, multiple dining options and convention facilities, Coronado Springs is arguably the most upscale of the Disney Moderates.

But the resort currently receving the most attention is Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. Caribbean Beach would not be a "Moderate DVC" in that no current guest rooms would be sold as timeshare villas. While some argue that a lower-priced "Moderate DVC" would make the program more accessible to budget-conscious owners, expect DVC to continue pursuing the Deluxe pricing model as long as they have buyers.

The plan designers are currently pursuing involves completely demolishing three or four of the resort's six "islands"--at least half of the resort--and building a DVC villa tower. The proposed design could see a DVC villa building up to 7 stories tall at Caribbean Beach.

As part of the Caribbean Beach Resort redesign, one source indicates that Disney is considering extension of neighboring waterways to provide boat service between Caribbean Beach and the Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios theme parks.

Some rebranding of the resort may even occur if Disney feels the need to distance itself from that "Moderate" label associated with the Caribbean Beach Resort name.

Keep in mind the above projects are all on the proverbial drawing board and are subject to change--particularly projects which are at least 5+ years down the road. Changes in executive leadership, changes in the economy and a variety of other factors can have an immediate impact on capital improvements of this scale.

With the Polynesian Villas less than a year away from completion, expect to see some activity on the Wilderness Lodge hotel conversion soon. We will continue to update other rumors as new details emerge.

Written on "another" site from August 2014

SpaceMountain77

Themed like Germany? :D

Honestly, @marni1971 , it was my longstanding hope that there was no merit to this rumor. Personally, it has always been my architectural and thematic preference that resort additions follow existing footprints, sight lines, and storytelling. Any multilevel addition to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort that exceeds four floors will dwarf the remaining islands and Old Port Royale.

DC0703

I really hope this is not being designated for DVC. Disney needs more moderate rooms not less. Limiting the number of moderate rooms will push more people offsite, not encourage upgrades to deluxe. DVC packages and deluxe rooms are too expensive for most guests.

DDLand

"We also have other kinds of expansion opportunities, like hotels, for instance, where not only do we have the property but we've seen such high occupancy rates in Orlando and in California, that we believe that it would be smart for us to build more hotels out -- we have no announcements to make, per se -- but build more hotels out at both sites and take advantage of what we're seeing there. That clearly is very beneficial to us."
~Robert Iger

Universal has been building at a constant pace. It would make sense to add inventory to existing sites where infrastructure, transportation, and amenities are already in place. All Disney would have to do is scale up the number of rooms and staffing with minor enhancements to existing facilities (as opposed to building everything from scratch).

The same reasoning is why Disney has built DVC at existing sites. It's cheaper. It's also faster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom