News Caribbean Beach Expansion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've not been following this thread closely. Is that height official or a guesstimate? Obviously Coronado is getting a tower but what I've seen for CBR isn't nearly as tall.

Just a guess. Mostly a worst case scenario. And based on the idea of being able to see the Illuminations show on top of the lake clearly. If the plan is to see just the fireworks, the viewing lounge can be much lower.

Also, to manage expectations. If I create a low building in the mock ups and the real one is much taller, people will be shocked. If I put a tall building in the mock up and the real one is much lower, people will rejoice. I don't want people yelling at me because I set them up for a short building and it's not. :D

Also the outline of the building is the outline of something in the the permits. It could be, AFAIK, the outline of a pool/pond and not the actual building(s). There has been very very little confirmed about that building.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Also the outline of the building is the outline of something in the the permits. It could be, AFAIK, the outline of a pool/pond and not the actual building(s). There has been very very little confirmed about that building.
Think a central building with wing style sides, similar to the original AKL layout.

Maybe.

GCTales

Think a central building with wing style sides, similar to the original AKL layout.

Maybe.
So maybe, sorta possibly a 5-7 story CBR DVC resort with restaurant and services.....
I know you said ground level gondola and permits show it somewhat separated @marni1971 - any chance of it being integrated into the building, similar to the monorail resorts?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

Maybe.

Problem for me, with the info I have is where to place it. If the blocky outline is indeed a 'basin' as it's labeled as seen here...

upload_2017-7-8_14-58-14.png

Then the water features wind up being (in blue)...

upload_2017-7-8_14-59-20.png

So then where do you put a building with wings that is also rather close to the gondola? Maybe there will be walkways over the water feature?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Problem for me, with the info I have is where to place it. If the blocky outline is indeed a 'basin' as it's labeled as seen here...

View attachment 214349

View attachment 214350

So then where do you put a building with wings that is also rather close to the gondola? Maybe there will be walkways over the water feature?

I think the label simply that the buildings themselves are their own drainage basin. All the water falling on them will be routed into one of the ponds.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

View attachment 214349

View attachment 214350

I don't believe that buildings shape is entirely correct.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Has there been anything released to the public that might have a better layout of the building... Other than your earlier suggestion of Jambo type layout (central lobby with wings)?

The only thing that is publically available is the permit which is what drawing above is based on. Disney still have acknowledged this part of the CBR project.

GCTales

The only thing that is publically available is the permit which is what drawing above is based on. Disney still have acknowledged this part of the CBR project.

I figured.... But thought there was a remote possibility that something had been missed...

And if it is a DVC... I am assuming they won't acknowledge it until copper creek is almost sold out..

TiggerDad

I don't believe that buildings shape is entirely correct.
I seem to recall you saying the gondola station's shape wasn't exactly correct either.

The other gondola stations have a roundy back end where it turns, and this one is square, but bumped up against a water feature. I am speculating that what is shown is the building foundation, and that part of it extends over the water. Could the same issue also explain any discrepancy in the shape of the DVC building?

Biff215

I figured.... But thought there was a remote possibility that something had been missed...

And if it is a DVC... I am assuming they won't acknowledge it until copper creek is almost sold out..
Exactly why it must be DVC. Otherwise it would have been announced with the CSR tower and the other CBR changes.

Creathir

View attachment 214349

View attachment 214350

Could there be other buildings, which permits have not been filed for?

That's a lot of empty space between the northern most basin and the building.

I guess it could all be parking lot...

"Paved paradise, and put up a parking lot..."

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

That's the problem with a water permit, it can show some of the buildings but not all or not any.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Yes, I believe a lot of that will be parking. I also assume this will have it's own bus drop off which will also take up some of that space.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I seem to recall you saying the gondola station's shape wasn't exactly correct either.

The other gondola stations have a roundy back end where it turns, and this one is square, but bumped up against a water feature. I am speculating that what is shown is the building foundation, and that part of it extends over the water. Could the same issue also explain any discrepancy in the shape of the DVC building?
The station shape on the image above is almost right. It will be closer to the new DVC build though. Or the other way around!

mitchk

So... as far as the current dinning opinions go the official disney lists the breakfast and dinner as a TS, I thought QS for the breakfast... I'm planning a few reservations right now, and if anyone can give me some quick info it would be greatly appreciated....... thank you in advance.... :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom