Captian Jack Cost

CoffeeJedi

iheartdisney91 said:
well the big one is 40$ but in wdw its 80$ and the regular sized is 13.99$ but in wdw its 20$
that also depends on whether its the mass-market toys from Zizzle (available at Target and other "regular" stores) or the collector toys from Neca (available at Suncoast Video and comic book shops). The Neca toys are pricier, but there's no comparison when it comes to detail and quality (!!! though, they're not approved for young kids due to choking hazards and sharp points !!!)

as for the AA, did they have to pay Depp for his likeness, or does Disney own the character to the point that they don't need too? i know that most real people get the option to approve/reject their AA's (The original Ellen face was rejected, but the current one still doesn't look like her), i'm assuming he got the same opportunity

Lee

Adventurer
The AAs? Get out your wallet.
A fully operational, full body A100 would set you back...ballpark...million.

Buried20KLeague

Baums101 said:
I hope your joking....

I don't understand what the confusion is. The OP wants to know what it costs to produce one of the A100 figures that's been added to PoTC. It's a timely and interesting question. I don't think he was asking about toy figures. Someone with two minutes and an internet connection could figure THAT out. :brick:

Although... This thread isn't really "news or rumors".

So anyway...

Lee?? Corrus??

Buried20KLeague

Lee said:

Argh! We posted at the same time. Sorry about that. :wave:

Do they build those things from the ground up, manufacturing all the parts on their own (a la American Chopper, etc), or do they create the plans and farm most of it out these days?

yensidtlaw1969

Lee said:
I can swing that.

Yensid "Yeah, right. I think I'll have to be sticking to animatronics made from oscillating fans and old toy parts for the time being" tlaw1969

Buried20KLeague

yensidtlaw1969 said:
I can swing that.

Yensid "Yeah, right. I think I'll have to be sticking to animatronics made from oscillating fans and old toy parts for the time being" tlaw1969

Mine's made from some bubble gum, duct tape, and a piece of string.

It's the string that really makes it work. :lookaroun

:lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Lee said:

Or more! The Ellen A100 cost a million a decade ago. And there are better ones than that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom