Captain EO - Amazed

Rich1

okay okay you're all correct. I guess I missed all those guests clamoring to get over to see EO. I suppose the laughter coming from the theatre is from the cutting edge humor; its not at all laughter over how unbelievably lame EO is. I suppose its ok to have a.person that molested children be the central focus of a place that attracts millions of children. I suppose we should have the Mel Gibson WWII attraction next door, its just as logical. Im sorry but I don't get the need ppl have to defend this thing. I LOOOVE WDW so much and have so much respect for the company but EO is just a slap in the face.

Krack

I do apologize for my tone but I just don't believe this should be an acceptable attraction anymore.

Is there something in particular about it you don't like or is it just that you don't like Michael Jackson?

"Everybody hates it"

Yeah, that's great; why do you hate it?

Rich1

#1 Michael has no place in Disney, #2 The effects are outrageously bad even for the 80s #3 The 3d is blurry #4 The acting is Sooo bad. #5 the music is laughable (hate MJ the person but like most of his music but the music in this is awful) #6 It's actually creepy even without MJ #7 I'm supposed to buy into angelica Houston as beautiful. #7 The theatre itself is moldy and smelly. #8 and I'm bothered when ppl take time out of their day for something they clearly didn't enjoy when they left. This is just as bad as the Narnia atrocity.

GeoDonJac34

I saw Captain EO for the first time last Oct. After exiting the show, I said to my wife I want the last twenty minutes of my life back.

the-reason14

#1 Michael has no place in Disney, #2 The effects are outrageously bad even for the 80s #3 The 3d is blurry #4 The acting is Sooo bad. #5 the music is laughable (hate MJ the person but like most of his music but the music in this is awful) #6 It's actually creepy even without MJ #7 I'm supposed to buy into angelica Houston as beautiful. #7 The theatre itself is moldy and smelly. #8 and I'm bothered when ppl take time out of their day for something they clearly didn't enjoy when they left. This is just as bad as the Narnia atrocity.

Simple solution, don't go. WDW is big enough to have something to cater to everybody. If eo is not your cup of tea, skip it and let others enjoy it. It's not going anywhere anytime soon so there.

disneyrcks

Exactly! I have no urge to see EO so we just don't go when we are down......I don't care that it is there, I just feel let everyone who likes it enjoy it.....and I hope they do enjoy EO and every part of their Disney vacation!

Conrad

Nope..I realize my opinion is just that. I also realize the majority agree with this particular opinion of mine. You can argue all u want but most guests HATE it..

So have you collected the opinions of ALL the guest or are you just making guff up to support your opinion. You have no idea what most guests think, you are assuming it. Arrogance of the highest order. You are a c@cksucker.

graphite1326

I saw Captain EO for the first time last Oct. After exiting the show, I said to my wife I want the last twenty minutes of my life back.

EXACTLY! I felt the same way. HISTA was a better show. Our last trip to the world my wife and I decided to skip Capt. EO. If HISTA was still there, even though we had seen it several times, we probably would have gone.

I am amazed at how many people like EO though. To each their own I guess.

jakeman

EXACTLY! I felt the same way. HISTA was a better show. Our last trip to the world my wife and I decided to skip Capt. EO. If HISTA was still there, even though we had seen it several times, we probably would have gone.

I am amazed at how many people like EO though. To each their own I guess.
I'm not sure HISTA was a better show. Both are incredibly dated.

Both are also the antithesis of what Epcot should be.

Bringing back a show that is 30 years old isn't moving forward.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Exactly! I have no urge to see EO so we just don't go when we are down......I don't care that it is there, I just feel let everyone who likes it enjoy it.....and I hope they do enjoy EO and every part of their Disney vacation!

This would be a perfectly reasonable statement, except, most people do not know that EO is a 30 year old movie and a giant turd to boot. So what happens is, guests head in to see this atrocity and lose 20-30 minutes of their very expensive WDW vacation. Yes WDW should have something for ALMOST everyone. I do not think they need to feature a child molester though. But even aside from his very very questionable personal life. This attraction is a joke, and TDO should be ashamed of themselves for passing it off as quality entertainment.

menamechris

Yikes! I am pretty amazed at the incredibly strong feelings some people have about this. Can we all just agree to disagree? And let the people at Disney whose job is to make these decisions for the betterment of the company do just that? I'm afraid the only other option would be to boycott Disney Parks if your feelings are that strong that this is inappropriate. But...let's get real...

Coach81

I searched but didn't find anything... I am sure something is floating out there but I just had to share my experience with Captain EO. I am 26... just returned from the world last week and this was my first time seeing Captain EO.

It's visually stunning, and I can't say enough about the FFC / Lucas / MJ team! I am not sure if I saw this show during my younger years but I just missed it in May of 2010 and I am so glad I got a chance to see the show while it is here!

My 13 year old LOVED IT.. bought the T-shirt.. and a "Hooter" stuffed animal!!!

My wife, my 8 yo, and myself.. were not so impressed :rolleyes:

Perhaps in 1986 it would have been cool.. but seemed very dated and very cheesy to us now..

But hey.. my son loved it.. and I'm sure others liked it as well.. I don't need to see it again..

Thank you SOOOOO much ddbowdoin...
On our last trip, my 10 year old absolutely LOVED this attraction (much to my disdain, lol) I remember it so well from when I was younger, it was hard to sit through as an adult :) In any case, we saw it 4 or 5 times in the 3 days we hit EPCOT last September, and he has a t-shirt he wears all the time... he will be THRILLED that we also can listen to it at home, I think I'll save the news for his birthday in 5 days :)
Although, I'm not sure I want to torture myself anymore before our upcoming trip!
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom