Capacity closings today?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Anyone hear about any capacity closings at the parks today?

Maybe some wait times? Anything....? *pin drop*

disneydata

As of right now, there are no phase closings. If there are none right now, there probably won't be. Not at the parks yet so I don't know about any wait times.

peter11435

I went to MK this morning to see the Easter Pre-parade. The crowds weren't bad at all. I didn't head towards any of the mountains but I did see HM at 20min, Small World at 20, and I walked right on Pirates. I might go to Epcot later this afternoon so I will report back about there crowds later.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Maybe this year folks finally realized the parade is gone :(

Major bummer, usually MK phases from about 11 to 1, and one year at Epcot it was phased around 1pm.

Where did all the people go...? Or is it because Easter's timing this year? It's seemingly just a weekend day with nothing open in my part of town.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
But that means with park closing, the parks with night time shows are probably going to get flooded, no?

wishes

peter11435 said:
I went to MK this morning to see the Easter Pre-parade.

hi there!

so just to clarify...was there an easter parade at the MK today? just because i was trying to find out if there was going to be one this year, and on the forums it mentioned that there was no longer an Easter parade, and ditto for the past couple of years! anyone got any info on this? also if the parade was on today, is this on for today only, or for next week? ( going on Wed!)
thanks!

peter11435

wishes said:
hi there!

so just to clarify...was there an easter parade at the MK today? just because i was trying to find out if there was going to be one this year, and on the forums it mentioned that there was no longer an Easter parade, and ditto for the past couple of years! anyone got any info on this? also if the parade was on today, is this on for today only, or for next week? ( going on Wed!)
thanks!
They have not done the Easter parade since 2000. However they do still run an Easter pre-parade. Today half-hour before the SADCT parade they ran a small Easter pre-parade. Its not much, but its better than nothing. I will post a couple pictures later tonight.

Here is a video of the Easter pre-parade from last year. Today's pre-parade was exactly the same as last years. The only difference today was a nice blue sky.
http://talesfromlp.com/lp/lotion/video/SS20050328-WDWEaster/clip1-high.WMV

speck76

mousermerf said:
None earlier today either?

Wow.. that makes for an unexciting Easter.

The later Easter falls, the less busy it is.

For the most part, the various mid-winter and spring breaks around the country fall between President's Day and the week following Easter. The earlier Easter is, the more people are compressed into each week, therefore, the parks are busier (daily), but for a shorter period of time. The later Easter is, the less compression there is of the various Spring Breaks, so the parks are not as busy (daily) but they are as busy over a longer period of time.

BTW...Epcot was fairly busy today....although the parking lot was not very full at all.

Wait times at 2pm

Mission Space- 110 minutes
Soarin'- 90 minutes
Test Track- 70 minutes

CaptainMichael

speck76 said:
BTW...Epcot was fairly busy today....although the parking lot was not very full at all.

Wait times at 2pm

Mission Space- 110 minutes
Soarin'- 90 minutes
Test Track- 70 minutes
:drevil: Did anyone else catch that???

So much for negative publicicty and being a so-called "failed attraction" or a "death trap of a ride".

JEDIsney

STR8FAN2005 said:
:drevil: Did anyone else catch that???

So much for negative publicicty and being a so-called "failed attraction" or a "death trap of a ride".

I'm with you on that one. I'm actually very glad that Mission: Space had such a long wait line, even longer than Soarin' and Test Track. Interesting.

Splash Mountain

Easter Sunday has really never been red flag any of the Theme parks. The only time you should be prepare for the Walt Disney World have any of it's theme parks of being close is July Fourth, and New Year's Eve.

CaptainMichael

JEDIsney said:
I'm with you on that one. I'm actually very glad that Mission: Space had such a long wait line, even longer than Soarin' and Test Track. Interesting.
In some cases, negative publicity actually has a positive effect. I hope this continues.

Pongo

Splash Mountain said:
Easter Sunday has really never been red flag any of the Theme parks. The only time you should be prepare for the Walt Disney World have any of it's theme parks of being close is July Fourth, and New Year's Eve.

Actually, Easter is usually on par with NYE and July 4th in terms of attendance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom