Capacity closings today?

peter11435

I just got back from a quick (7:00-8:00) trip to Epcot. Soarin' was down when I was there. Test Track was at 80 minutes and Maelstrom was at 40. I didn't check to see what M:S was at.

mhead

Splash Mountain said:
Easter Sunday has really never been red flag any of the Theme parks. The only time you should be prepare for the Walt Disney World have any of it's theme parks of being close is July Fourth, and New Year's Eve.

Nope- I will guarantee you that Christmas Day will be the holiday you find definite park capacity closings

Epcot82Guy

STR8FAN2005 said:
:drevil: Did anyone else catch that???

So much for negative publicicty and being a so-called "failed attraction" or a "death trap of a ride".

Actually, they were giving each guest in line a complete physical and CT scan. :lookaroun

Anyway, NYE is much more a guaranteed phaser than Christmas (although that whole week runs the risk). I remember going when Easter was earlier in the season during break as a kid with crazy crowds. But it is quite late this year, so I agree that had a lot to do with it.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
STR8FAN2005 said:
:drevil: Did anyone else catch that???

So much for negative publicicty and being a so-called "failed attraction" or a "death trap of a ride".

It actually was pretty slow today at Space. That long wait was just from having two bays go down simultaneously. It cleared out not long after and we were running a 20-minute wait or less the rest of the day. We actually dropped one bay at 3, and another at 5. To tell you the truth, we were much busier on Thursday.

speck76

dxwwf3 said:
NYE and the 4th are certainly in another level from other holidays, from what I've experienced.
there is nothing like them

phased closures on other days typically only last a few hours, unlike the MK on these two holidays, which can last the remainder of the day

dxwwf3

Last 4th of July, I got my butt up early and saw The Timekeeper twice before getting the heck out of dodge and going to MGM. If I'm not mistaken, that was one of the last days it was open so I'm glad I did.

I've only been to one NYE and it seemed to be worse than the 4th ESPECIALLY at MGM.

makonyy15

Hey guys, wait time at AK and EE were low. Here they are

Morning to Midday

Kali- 40 Minutes
Dino- 20 minutes
Everest- 60 Minutes
KS- 20 Minutes

Fastpasses weren't flying out too fast, except for everest.
Yeti was in B mode all day, and i heard a guest in stand by saying EE was down yesterday. I'm going back for EMH tomorrow night so hopefully he'll be back in A.

speck76

dxwwf3 said:
Last 4th of July, I got my butt up early and saw The Timekeeper twice before getting the heck out of dodge and going to MGM. If I'm not mistaken, that was one of the last days it was open so I'm glad I did.

I've only been to one NYE and it seemed to be worse than the 4th ESPECIALLY at MGM.
NYE is bad all around....but a great time.

I prefer NYE at Epcot...although I have never ventured to the other parks on NYE.....Epcot just has a ton going on, between the DJ's in China, Japan, and Italy...along with World Showcase plaza....the party in World Showplace.....2 showings on Illuminations...the first with the holiday tag, the second with the NYE tag.....good stuff all around.

For the 4th.....Epcot again gets my vote...although I did get to see all 4 fireworks shows this last year (since MK did theirs on the 3rd and 4th)....It is easy to make it between MGM and Epcot to watch both shows (MGM's is 1 hour earlier than Epcot) and Pleasure Island's is at midnight.....also, Epcot had a new tag this year....

dxwwf3

Oh yeah NYE is a great time. We chose MGM a few years ago because we were with people that had never been to WDW and we feel that's the best park for a one day trip. And we never get to see fireworks at MGM as well. That's the real selling point for me.

That's the same reason we go to MGM on the 4th. To see fireworks over the hat. This 4th wasn't that good at MGM though. They tried their new show and the music was just standard pop music. Very disappointing.

If MGM doesn't do Sorcery in the Sky anymore, I'd say we will go somewhere else if we are down there for those days.

Epcot is pretty crazy on the 4th. Luckily last year the MK had their special fireworks on the 3rd and the 4th (as you mentioned) and we saw them on the 3rd and it was great. I hope they continue to do that.

imagineersrock

makonyy15 said:
Yeti was in B mode all day, and i heard a guest in stand by saying EE was down yesterday. I'm going back for EMH tomorrow night so hopefully he'll be back in A.

Seems like they're having a bit of trouble over at EE lately... It was down several times on Friday as well, I watched them Evac the entire ride at about 7pm that night.....What was nice though was the fact that they did everything they could and successfully got the ride back up and running around 7:50 even though the park was closing at 8.

Captain Chaos

OK, from my CM friend who works at Epcot in one of the gift shops...

She said Epcot was busy, but not as busy as they had expected... She did say she heard M:S wait times were 100 minutes, but when she had a chance to go outside, she checked it out and saw it was only 20-30 minutes.. so she wasn't too sure which one was right... She did say she heard guests still talking about the incident on Tuesday... Some were saying they were concerned enough not to ride M:S others shrugged it off.... One guest she siad came into her store after riding M:S and complained he started feeling ill... He walked out with his family.. She didn't know if they left the park or went to seek medical attention... She didn;t hear anything else after that... But this one even kid of shocked me...

She said 2 males, maybe 18-21 years of age, came into the shop.. Both were wearing M:S shirts with the logo on the front and a saying on the back.. One shirt said MISSION SPACE,IT IS A KILLER OF A RIDE and the other said MISSION SPACE I AM DYING TO GET OFF... Even though I am not a fan of the ride, I found this tasteless as she did as well.. I asked her if anyone said anything to them about the shirts and she didn't think anyone did....

Other than that, she said the park did not have to put into affect any park closing....

DizWhizKid

here's a list from the DAK tip board from 12:30ish today

Tough 2BA Bug: 20 min
Dinosaur: 30 min
Primeval Whirl: 10 min
Triceratop Spin: 10 min
Everest: 40 min
Kali River Rapids: 50 min
Kilimanjaro Safaris: 50 min

Also, I heard that Soarin' went down tonight around 7:30 for a guest who was drunk and began to choke on her own vomit. After the dust cleared and the ambulances were called in, Soarin' ended up staying open until 10 because of it.

DizWhizKid

I don't know if she's okay or not. I assume she probably was taken to Celebration Hospital. But imagine if she does end up...not...being ok... Epcot would have had two people getting fatally ill on two of their most popular attractions in less than a week's time (though you can't say Soarin's to blame for this one). How bad would that look for the Resort?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom