Can't decide between Magic Kingdom or Epcot for first day!

ssidiouss@mac.c

I have a great vacation planned and coming up in a week but for some reason I keep bouncing back and forth between Epcot and Magic Kingdom for our arrival day. We will be able to get to a park by 1:30pm after checking in at Pop Century.. and then off we will go.. but to which park? This is sort of a free day/night since we will be seeing every park multiple times during the day and night. So, what do you like to do on your first day/night of arrival?

We are starting to lean towards hitting magic kingdom for a little during the afternoon then heading to Epcot which is open later for some countries and illuminations.. but for some reason im starting to feel like seeing Wishes the first night will be more magical.

Argh.. why does everything sound good to me? Can't decide on this!! argh!!

Ilovewishes

We always do MK on our first night, even after a 9hr flight. It's my fave park and walking through the gates and under the archway, it feels like coming home and no other park has that...(*sigh*) feeling to it for me. I just love the place. It is always our first and last stop on our holiday. Wishes on the first night, to start the holiday with a bang, and Wishes on the last night, so that we leave with a lasting image of the castle all lit up...:cry: I want to go back!!!

Upvote 0

hauntdmansion79

Magic Kingdom

Wow, it seems that a lot of you like to start at Epcot....that's awesome. I think it's great that everyone has their own traditions.

As for our group, we always "book end" our trip with the Magic Kingdom....go on the first day and the last. It just wouldn't be a Disney trip until you see the castle, that's why we go on the first day. And there's nothing like pulling away from Magic Kingdom on the last day, watching the castle drift out of view....knowing that is the last image that will stick with you until the next trip. It's almost like the castle is waving good-bye to you. (It's absolutely heart-breaking because you're trip is over...but it's a nice way to end).

Whichever park you decide on will be perfect...you're in Disney World...you're bound to be happy either way!!!

Enjoy the trip
(16 days to go!!!!!! Whoo-Hoo!!!)

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

We're kind of having the same problem for our upcoming trip. Not sure where to go after we arrive. I was wanting to have an idea so I could lay down an ADR. After much debate and discussion we decided to not plan a thing. When we get there we'll wing it and go where our hearts lead us. :D

Upvote 0

SleepingMaya

This year my family and I have decided to start at EPCOT and wait until our first full day to do Magic Kingdom. This year my best friend will be with us and it'll be her first time so we had a problem deciding on EPCOT over Magic Kingdom but I think waiting until the first full day to see Magic Kingdom is best.

Upvote 0

Mickey&Minnie

We tried to do Epcot one time, because we got to Disney World earlier than we thought we would. It just didn't feel right to us. We soon hopped on the monorail and traveled to MK since we always start our vacations there. It finally felt like we were on vacation.

Upvote 0

Karolena

We always ride the monorail to Magic Kingdom, no matter where we are staying. Something about the monorail makes me feel like I'm officially in Disney World. (It's definately the Spanish part).

So, I say do Magic Kingdom.

Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

Dingle66

We like visiting the World Showcase first because as the first vacation day you can make it a leisurely paced day and relax, eat some good food and have some adult beverages to celebrate the beginning of the vacation! Illuminations is an awesome way to end the first night as well. Wishes seems more of a grand finale to me, saved for the end of the trip.

Upvote 0

DicksonGR

I don't like starting off at magic kingdom. For us its always been Animal Kingdom on the first day. I f I had to choose between the Epcot and MK, i'd say go for Epcot because then you'll appreciate the disney magic there more than if you've just been to Magic Kingdom and compaing it to that. We always build up to Magic Kingdom.

Upvote 0

rimousefan84

this next trip is sort of weird for us because of the dining plan. We are starting off at cough cough sea world during the A.M. then going to DHS at night for ressies and fantasmic. However, usually we start off at MK, I'm 23 and still love the feeling I get when I walk into that park.

Upvote 0

msmith

We usually go to the MK on our first full day...

However, we usually arrive on site between 1 and 2 PM. We're staying @ Pop Century for this upcoming April trip and will get there Saturday the 12th hopefully by 1pm. After getting settled, and unpacked we've got ADRs for Sci-Fi @ MGM, err, DHS that evening and we'll catch the new Playhouse Disney show, or Indy, or, whatever... Just something to 'get our feet wet'. After that, it is MK on Sunday all day and a follow-up MK visit on Wednesday (all day, or at least evening only for the P&PP)

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

We usually start our vacation with a trip to the Magic Kingdom and end it the same way, if time permits we try to throw another Magic Kingdom day in there too. It's our favorite park!

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I have a great vacation planned and coming up in a week but for some reason I keep bouncing back and forth between Epcot and Magic Kingdom for our arrival day. We will be able to get to a park by 1:30pm after checking in at Pop Century.. and then off we will go.. but to which park? This is sort of a free day/night since we will be seeing every park multiple times during the day and night. So, what do you like to do on your first day/night of arrival?

We are starting to lean towards hitting magic kingdom for a little during the afternoon then heading to Epcot which is open later for some countries and illuminations.. but for some reason im starting to feel like seeing Wishes the first night will be more magical.

Argh.. why does everything sound good to me? Can't decide on this!! argh!!

If there are any first-timers, I'd say Magic Kingdom. Get them into the Disney mood and ambiance right away, so they know what they're in for.

If not, and if the day is to be a take-it-easy day following a flight, I'd go with Epcot, because there is more to take in there. Make dinner ADR's, ride a couple of the big rides, and just stroll world showcase taking in the entertainment, looking at the art galleries, and noticing the things that often get missed. Grab a glass of wine and a pastry, and get a good spot to watch Illuminations.

Upvote 0

Disneyfanman

I always use Touringplans.com and plan my agenda around crowds and entertainment schedules vs. personal opinions. They provide a lot of insight. I would rather visit the MK first on a less busy day then hit it last and barely be able to move. I also use the hours of operation and particularly look at late night show schedules and parades. The MK is magical when the MK is doable. If you know what I mean.

One time I ran into a family at a hotel that was complaining about the crowds. We were at the World the exact same time, but they hit all the parks on the busiest days, and we worked opposite the Magic Hours schedule and had a much better experience. It really makes a difference! (They also never arrived at open at the parks, and didn't hit the biggies first, etc.). It goes to show that a little common sense preparation can really improve the trip.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Thiger

I always plan to start at MK. There's nothing like being totally giddy and running around the Magic Kingdom. Our first night last year was MNSSHP so it was even better running around in old tymey jailhouse costumes.
lol

Have a great trip! I'm wishing i was there right now

Upvote 0

DonaldDoleWhip

For me, MK is my absolute favorite park. I start with MK, I end with MK, and I hit it multiple times in between (we always get park hopper).

Also, arriving at MK (whether it be morning or night) is just so magical. The train station, Main Street, and of course the Castle. I think MK should definitely be first.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom