Can't decide between Magic Kingdom or Epcot for first day!

ssidiouss@mac.c

I have a great vacation planned and coming up in a week but for some reason I keep bouncing back and forth between Epcot and Magic Kingdom for our arrival day. We will be able to get to a park by 1:30pm after checking in at Pop Century.. and then off we will go.. but to which park? This is sort of a free day/night since we will be seeing every park multiple times during the day and night. So, what do you like to do on your first day/night of arrival?

We are starting to lean towards hitting magic kingdom for a little during the afternoon then heading to Epcot which is open later for some countries and illuminations.. but for some reason im starting to feel like seeing Wishes the first night will be more magical.

Argh.. why does everything sound good to me? Can't decide on this!! argh!!

Disneykidder

I think it is a personal choice. We always start at MK and end off at MK since it is our favorite park.

Also what could be a factor is what time you are getting there and what time each park closes on that particular day of your arrival. Check online to see which park has EMH.

Upvote 0

kennyj29

I'm with Mikester71

We ALWAYS start at the shopping area and downtown Disney. For some reason it starts building up the anticipation of the trip. We go there first, look at all the Disney merchandise and the families with their hats and disney shirts and it's like Pow! Bam! We're in Disney!!!!!!! We love that feeling. Then we look forward to the coming 10 days and just go to the four parks whenever! When you get to Disney, it doesn't matter where you start as long as your there!!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

Magic Kingdom - It's a tradition we usually go for 7 nights and we always start at the Magic Kingdom and end our trip at the Magic Kingdom. When I think of Walt Disney, Magic Kingdom comes to my mind first, we have been doing it this way for the past 10 years and it has been our family tradition. We leave on the 3rd to come down and we can't wait!

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I tend to pick my first day based on EMH. If Epcot or MK has EMH, than I generally avoid that park on the first day. Not that I don't like EMH, I just don't like them on the first day. For one thing, I don't want to be tempted to stay late b/c after the long trip down we really need to get to bed early on the first night. And I like to take it a bit easier on the first day (again b/c of the long flight), so I like to avoid the crowds as well. Our last trip, we started at Epcot and it was perfect. For me, I was excited to be in Epcot - I couldn't believe I was actually there! We had a lovely evening and it really started the vacation on a good note!

If neither MK or Epcot has EMH, then I don't know which one I would pick - I'm not much help am I!?! Both have their pros and cons for the first day! Good luck with your choice and I'm sure whatever you pick you'll have a great day/evening!:wave:

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

I have a great vacation planned and coming up in a week but for some reason I keep bouncing back and forth between Epcot and Magic Kingdom for our arrival day. We will be able to get to a park by 1:30pm after checking in at Pop Century.. and then off we will go.. but to which park? This is sort of a free day/night since we will be seeing every park multiple times during the day and night. So, what do you like to do on your first day/night of arrival?

We are starting to lean towards hitting magic kingdom for a little during the afternoon then heading to Epcot which is open later for some countries and illuminations.. but for some reason im starting to feel like seeing Wishes the first night will be more magical.

YOu know no matter which park you choose it will be GREAT!..
You are at WDW gosh darnit...;):lol:

I usually do MK on my first day but we always go early...I think maybe you should do what you said..MK first and then head to Epcot to browse the countries and see Illuminations...Maybe get a great snack and a refreshing beverage and just enjoy!

No matter what you will have an awesome time.:sohappy:

:)No need to stress sweetie..either choice is the right choice..;)

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

What a good problem to have! I think that we are going to start at EPCOT, mainly because it will be EMH for the MK the day we arrive, and are staying offsite for the first half, then its on to Wilderness Lodge! We got a little of the MK back in October when came down for a day, so I'm missing EPCOT.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.

I usually go to MK on my first day/night in WDW. Nothing makes me feel like I am truly in a magical place like walking down Main Street as soon as I get to Disney. I also think you are absolutely right about Wishes being more magical!
wub.gif
I love illuminations but Wishes is just so amazing! You and your family will have a great time no matter what, but Wishes would be the deciding factor for me.

Have a magical trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

One consideration, since it's your travel day, is how much time you'll have spent travelling before you get there? Perhaps MK fo Wishes and a comparatively early night might be worth planning so you're not spending the whole vacation trying to catch up...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom