Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

wannabeBelle

I think that everybody has to realize that is not a realistic possibility.

There is no way Disney will bring back offkilter. None.
Well sort of.....Disney is going to be doing the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs holiday show after Thanksgiving and ending before New Years. The main portion of this band are the members of Off Kilter with the exception of the female vocalists. Any speculation on that one?? Marie

PhotoDave219

Well sort of.....Disney is going to be doing the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs holiday show after Thanksgiving and ending before New Years. The main portion of this band are the members of Off Kilter with the exception of the female vocalists. Any speculation on that one?? Marie

Disney's not going to admit defeat on this. Which is a shame.

After an hour of mauling my thoughts over, I still I'm trying to formulate how awful it was.

wannabeBelle

Disney's not going to admit defeat on this. Which is a shame.

After an hour of mauling my thoughts over, I still I'm trying to formulate how awful it was.
They could be the heros by admitting to "due to guest interest" bringing back OK. I just found it interesting, why keep the band together for a run after 2 months or so of the lumberjacks. Are they hedging their bets? I think this would be a smart move personally. Marie

fillerup

Thanks to whoever posted the video.

Having (mostly) skimmed through 14 minutes of "Fat Guys in Plaid" I can say beyond any shadow of a doubt that there's no chance - in my remaining days on the planet - that I will ever see this in person.

Looks like I'll be tackling World Showcase in a clockwise direction from here on.

This is not even worthy of a county fair. At Disney it's just pathetic and sad.

mm52200

They could be the heros by admitting to "due to guest interest" bringing back OK. I just found it interesting, why keep the band together for a run after 2 months or so of the lumberjacks. Are they hedging their bets? I think this would be a smart move personally. Marie
It's like how for 3 years now (hopefully 4 this year) they bring back Comedy Warehouse for two weeks at Christmas time at DHS. TDO knows that the show works, people like it, and that it draws a solid crowd but yet they won't fully swallow their pride and bring it back full time. I think it's ashame that Comedy Warehouse isn't a year round show at DHS, it's not like they have two theatres(Sounds Dangerous and AIE) sitting empty....

DizzneyDi

Truth be told, this has a very Nascar feel to it....as if the same type of person who likes watching hicks make left hand turns for three hours on Fox is the only type of person who would find this show entertaining. Sorry. It's how I feel.

I'm a college graduate who recently retired from a long career in librarianship. I belong to a national honor society, and I'm very well read. I love opera and the theatre. I also love NASCAR. Trust me, it hasn't been a redneck thing for quite some time now.

Also, I think these lumberjacks are a poor substitute for Off Kilter, to say nothing of being one more embarrassment for the poor Canadian kids in the college program to have to live down along with their flannel shirts in the heat and humidity of central Florida.

wannabeBelle

It's like how for 3 years now (hopefully 4 this year) they bring back Comedy Warehouse for two weeks at Christmas time at DHS. TDO knows that the show works, people like it, and that it draws a solid crowd but yet they won't fully swallow their pride and bring it back full time. I think it's ashame that Comedy Warehouse isn't a year round show at DHS, it's not like they have two theatres(Sounds Dangerous and AIE) sitting empty....
I have seen that show during the time I was down there for New Years and it was AWESOME!!!!! Same kind of thing I guess?? Marie

PhotoDave219

I'm a college graduate who recently retired from a long career in librarianship. I belong to a national honor society, and I'm very well read. I love opera and the theatre. I also love NASCAR. Trust me, it hasn't been a redneck thing for quite some time now.

Also, I think these lumberjacks are a poor substitute for Off Kilter, to say nothing of being one more embarrassment for the poor Canadian kids in the college program to have to live down along with their flannel shirts in the heat and humidity of central Florida.

Even nascar fans would cringe at this

disneydad1000

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!Off Kilter must be thinking the same thing I am WTBLEEP..Embarrassing and painful to watch..My 7 yr old said "where is Off Kilter playing now"I said on you tube..LOL..I'm not taking away the talent these guys have..but are you kidding me??Nice job again Disney,10 yrs in a row coming here and i have to say this has to be one of the dumbest things they tried to replace a show witho_O

ABQ

Pretty sure there was a new manager brought in with a mandate to cut costs.

Pretty solid on my info
So either they are saving a ton of money as this show isn't worth a dime, which implies, sadly, that Off Kilter was way overpaid. My point is, if this is saving any negligible amount money over the alternative (leaving OK in place, then OK was making decent cash) But that leads me to another thing, though I find the lumberjack show, based on the one video we have, atrocious, I think some people need to be a little realistic over what they replaced. Folks are stating things along the lines that the lumberjack show is something you can see at a county fair, and that's probably right, but they are also making it sound as if Off Kilter were Rush or some other iconic Canadian rock band (though they were no more Canadian than I am, which is to say I have some relatives from Nova Scotia and I like poutine) But folks, hit up a few pubs and you'll find bands no unlike Off Kilter, and yes, some even with bagpipers. They were great, but they're no more or even less one of a kind than the lumberjack show. Just better than it. Much, much better than it. If they take the time to level the existing stage and build a proper place to put this show on, perhaps it will improve. They sorely need a log rolling pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom