Can you ESCAPE reality at WDW as an Adult?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Escape? YES most certainly, each and every time....I prefer to think of it as a different reality....a "plussed" reality....:king: :D

DisneyMusician2

Every time I walk down Main Street, I get that same feeling...Security or not, I can always escape the "Real World" at Disney. It the great feeling on earth, no pun intended. I think that those of us who grew up going sometimes have an easier time retaining that magic as adults. There are, of course, exceptions, but I know turning my wife onto Disney was a hard thing.

wdwpooh1027

Yes...

I am 25 and everytime I go to WDW...I forget about reality. I know I only live 2 1/2hrs away but still. ;)

Going back in May 2007'

CelticRose

My first trip was on my Honeymoon 18 years ago, I was 28, DH had been numerous times before we were married. Twice with his High School Band and a few other trips with his parents.

It is a total escape from reality and all the day to day demands that are put on you. Can I leave now???? Its' a blue Monday:brick:

We have now been 5 times, DS first time was 13 to DLP, second trip was at 15 to WDW. Now at 28 he gets to take his 4 yr old DS for the first time and like Mr. Toad says there is nothing better than to see your childs eyes light up and the expression on their face when they experience it for the first time, :cry: , Talk amongst yourselves I am all verklempt, that I will get to see both my DS and DGS experience it together....

:sohappy: 109 days and I am there, Dole Whip in my hand, DGS in tow:sohappy:

Buried20KLeague

Anyone in the Disney Vacation Club?

Not yet, but have been SERIOUSLY considering it for about the past two years. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet...

You know, at first I almost didn't come to this thread because I read the title and thought "Duh. That's kinda a dumb question". But now I'm glad I've checked it out. It's interesting to see different people's accounts of how and when and why they got hooked. :)

For me, I went 2 or 3 times as a kid. It was fun, but it wasn't something I lived for back then. It wasn't until we took our kids for the first time that we were bit by the bug. Now, we're all obsessed... Dinner conversation often times consists of the latest park rumors we've heard or read online. :lol: And then here we are, 9 years and 23 trips later and we can't wait till our next trip this year.

I think they put something in the water. :lookaroun

pacochran

Escape Most definitely YES!!!!!! I went to WDW for the first time when I was 38 and it is one place I can tell you that I forget all about the Stress at home, and work. I hardly think about work when I am down there, it is the perfect place to forget about reality and stess, and to be a kid again.

MickeyTigg

YES I CAN ESCAPE REALITY!

It's why I go whenever my wife let's me.

I never went to WDW as a kid. I was 29 years old the first time I went... and have been there 11 times since. Im 36 now.

For those of you like me... who never went as a kid... are you like me? And what about those that went as a kid, is it as much of an escape from you since you tie each visit to childhood memories? Thoughts?

Of course....we go because we like it...the kids coming along is just an excuse.

:lol:

wdwever1

ESCAPE IS THE RIGHT WORD..:sohappy: I'M A 50 "ISH" THAT GOES TO DISNEY EVERY YEAR SINCE 1982...NEVER TAKE A WATCH (THE KIDS HAVE CELL PHONES WITH THE TIME)...HALF THE TIME I EVEN LOOSE TRACK OF WHAT
DAY IT IS AS WE STAY FOR 10 DAYS! I NEVER VACATION ANYWHERE ELSE
BECAUSE THERES NO WHERE ELSE THAT I CAN "BE A 50-ISH KID! DO I GET
TIRED OF GOING THE SAME PLACE EACH YEAR PEOPLE ASK..NEVER! BY THE
WAY..MY MOM WILL BE 80 THIS YEAR AND IS A STROKE PATIENT BUT IN
DISNEY SHE'S "YOUNG AT HEART" AND ENJOYS HERSELF AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE THERE! IT TRULY IS THE
HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH

tink68

This will be our 4th year in a row to go to DW. I am about to be 39 and I am a bigger kid about it then my two kids (ages 2 and 11). I love the fact that I can go and escape the real world for a good week. No bills to worry about, no car to drive and no doing homework with my daughter. Ugh! hehe I would be there all the time if we could afford it. We are going during the holidays this year and I cannot wait to get there! :wave:

CelticRose

When we go in May for our 18th Anniversary trip, I have already told my kids "no Cell Phones" we are on vacation, you can leave the in your room. The only reason we will have a watch is so we are not late for our dinner reservations.

:sohappy: 109 Days and we are there:sohappy:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
The only reason I have my cell phone is so I KNOW what TIME it is for dinner reservations....:lol: :animwink: :D Only a select few know my cell and they all know where I am headed so will not bother me....I suppose if I get seperated from DH I might use it otherwise.....

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Congrats on 18 years CelticRose.....I have always wanted to go in May, keep wanting to hit the wonderful flower/plant thingy at Epcot...think thats in May? Have fun.....:animwink:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
This will be our 4th year in a row to go to DW. I am about to be 39 and I am a bigger kid about it then my two kids (ages 2 and 11). I love the fact that I can go and escape the real world for a good week. No bills to worry about, no car to drive and no doing homework with my daughter. Ugh! hehe I would be there all the time if we could afford it. We are going during the holidays this year and I cannot wait to get there! :wave:

ALSO no doing dishes, making lunchboxes, meals, cleanup, cleaning, laundry, and this trip for us NO DRIVING!!!! :sohappy: This Tink is happy to not leave the parks at all for a whole week!!!! Last year we discovered MOE'S SOUTHWEST GRILL outside the park and the children said we had to get a rental car this trip just to go there...:lol: Alas, fate intervened and we were out driving not far from home and they yelled out THERES A MOES!!! Great counter service, fun people and wonderful food....but nice to have one close by and forgo rental car.:king:

hammysammy59

Stuff about Moe's.

YES! I LOVE Moe's. The Homewrecker is amazing, as is Billy Barou. Mmmm.

And yes, even at 22, I was able to escape reality... I can't wait to go again with some friends. That trip at age 22 was last year, and I hadn't been to the 'World since I was 12 I was happy to see I loved it just as much at 22 as I did at 12.

FantasMickeyM

YES :D :king:

I went first time when I was 27.. Doesn't your wife go with you? I go with my husband (yes, I am a girl although FantasMickeyM probably sounds a bit male!) and we love it!! Going back day after tomorrow, can't believe it..:king: :D

YES I CAN ESCAPE REALITY!

It's why I go whenever my wife let's me.

I never went to WDW as a kid. I was 29 years old the first time I went... and have been there 11 times since. Im 36 now.

For those of you like me... who never went as a kid... are you like me? And what about those that went as a kid, is it as much of an escape from you since you tie each visit to childhood memories? Thoughts?

beanbunny

My first trip was before it was even built - all that was there was "welcome center" and a lot of bulldozers in the background. Been going ever since. Even though I live in New York, I try to get there twice a year - 3 times if I'm lucky. We always take my parents - along with my "kids" who are now grown-up. Even my parents still love it - nothing like seeing an 88 year old man thrilled each time we ride Soarin!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: Disney will never lose its magic!!!!!

Disneyfanman

At 46 I have been to Disney many times in my life. It began when I was 6 years old (1967) and I went with my Aunt and Grandmother. I came back home and made up pretend rides and attractions in my back yard (My folks kept the pics). I got to go back in 1975 to both WDW and DL. Then in 1982 a group of us MEN went down and spent 4 days there. That's when I saw Epcot for the first time. I began to visit California for work once a year, and ALWAYS squeezed in DL. Several times I got my company to fund a day for our department. Then my company gave me an incentive award to take my "growing" family to WDW. Now we make annual treks to Florida and have visited as a group for 9 years.

Add it all up, and I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars, and a big chunk of my vacation time at Disney. Why? Because this greying, aging, chunky, business executive type guy cannot imagine doing anything else for a big vacation!

Now I will admit that my friends and extended family sometimes think I have lost my mind. But my brother and his family came with us last year and have been talking about the experience ever since. My sister and her "street smart" Chicago teen age kids (Who resisted) came a couple of years ago and had the time of their lives. Who says it's not "Cool" to hug Tigger anyway?!

Where else can you dance behind a parade, hug a mouse in the morning, see fireworks every night, eat in a different part of the world every day, ride monorails, boats, and trains, attend a dinner show, shoot space aliens, find the yeti, see Africa, defend pirates, and party with ghosts? And tomorrow do something else. DL and WDW are the only places that I have ever found where the experience EXCEEDS the expectation almost every single time. How cool is that?!

I book the hotels, plan the meals, drive the car, purchase the tickets, and budget the money. My wife comes along to supervise. And loves every minute of it.

Can you escape as an adult? You betcha. Partly because there is more to escape FROM! Partly because leaving your brain in park for a week is healthy. And partly because it's just so darn much fun!

See you in the World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom